I'm assuming Crowfall = WoW because Crowfall is creating a new experience players have never seen(or in bits) before just like when WoW was created which draws in tons of people to this new idea kind of like how Minecraft was literally legos but they turned it into something unimaginable and it lifted off into popularity.
The survey indicates that they want to know what kind of people are involved with the game already... it doesn't indicate anything else... you can speculate what they might use the data for, but it certainly doesn't indicate it.
Unsure why you would apply for a limited number of pre-alpha combat test sessions when your sapphire badge over there will eventually get you in. But do what you gotta do I guess.
As for the announcement itself, I'm not sure if this is the right time to get the hardcore streamers on the bandwagon. It could possibly generate some hype, or it might cause people to pick apart the true alpha state of the game.
It seems like there are some competent and dedicated streamers already in testing, why not let them promote Crowfall?
We begin and end with this: Be respectful and courteous to others in our forums
The Crowfall forum is a safe and constructive space to discuss Crowfall video game content and related items. In order to keep this a productive place for all community members, there are ground rules that must be followed for all methods of communication on the forums.
It is okay for users to disagree with one another, but opinions must be expressed in a reasonable and civil manner. It is important to maintain an atmosphere of civility and respect so that all voices may be heard.
All communication, whether between players, moderators or Art+Craft, must be constructive. Posts without constructive commentary can distract from the topic at hand, reduce the visibility of valuable communication, and discourage others from participating in the conversation.
Things to avoid:
· Off-Topic Commentary: Don't post topics or replies unrelated to a thread. Posts like these spawn non-productive discussions, as well as detract from otherwise useful discussions. There is an off-topic section of the forums for subjects not related to the Game, which are not disallowed by other rules.
· Spam: Do not post communication lacking in meaningful content or posts that do not contribute directly to the conversation. People who spam, post links to non-Crowfall products, or post repetitive information also fall into this category.
· Images: Posting single images or animated .gifs that are not on-topic with the discussion or without any substantive accompanying text is not allowed. Images will be removed and users may be disciplined for repeated offenses. Please note that using images to support your discussion is fine as long as the images follow the forum rules (no adult content, politics, religion, defamation, trolling, personal attacks, racism, etc.). Images must be no larger than 400 pixels x 400 pixels.
· Cross-posting: Don't post the same topic or conversation repeatedly and/or across multiple threads in an attempt to gain attention for an issue. If a conversation is relevant to multiple groups, players may post a link to the main conversation in no more than two additional forums. We also discourage posting a new thread on a topic that is already being discussed, as it spreads the conversation out and makes it harder to gather the appropriate feedback. Before starting a new thread, please use the forum search function to see if a discussion is already in progress or was recently discussed (within three months or less). If a topic is actively being discussed, join that discussion. If it was discussed sometime during the preceding 90 days, revive the thread by adding a new post.
· Naming/Accusing: Openly accusing another player or group of misbehavior is not permitted. You may discuss the type of behavior at issue, but specifically naming individuals or groups is not appropriate. In cases of exploiting, harassment or other violations of conduct, please use the report tool instead of engaging with the user.
· Disrupting Official Threads: Do not post about other topics in official threads (those that are started by Art+Craft employees) or use official threads as a platform to advance another agenda. These are created to gather feedback on specific issues or topics relevant to the Crowfall forum.
· Threatening Legal Action: Any player who feels the need to take legal action with regard to their experiences with Art+Craft or its games should contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly. We do not allow such discussions to take place on the forums.
· Advertising: Posting or linking to advertisements or promotions for non-Crowfall related subjects, products or services in threads and signatures is not permitted.
Do not troll or make personal attacks
Trolling and attacking others, in any form, is not allowed. Trolling is posting (often, but not always, in a malicious, rude or condescending way) with the intent to provoke a negative emotional response from another user.
· Non-constructive feedback or comments.
· Personal attacks: Do not insult, degrade or criticize any person or group of people. Personal attacks derail useful discussion.
· Attacks on groups: Attacking groups of people, guilds, companies, or user locations, including, but not limited to, home countries, is prohibited.
· Intolerance/Hate: Attacks specifically regarding race, politics, religion, or sexual orientation are grounds for immediate suspension and possibly a permanent suspension.
· Excessive Reporting of Posts: Frequently or repeatedly using the report tool to draw attention to a specific cause or individual is considered trolling.
· Accusing Others of Trolling: Calling someone a troll to incite someone or falsely accusing them of trolling can also be a form of trolling.
· Do not publicly share private messages from other users. If someone is harassing you via private message, do not reply but instead contact email@example.com.
If you feel someone is behaving in a manner that violates the rules, please use the report tool on the forums. Do not engage the person exhibiting these behaviors, as this is often the very response and attention they are seeking. You may also employ the "Ignore Preferences" forum feature (Your Profile > Manage Ignore Prefs) to block posts, signatures and private messages from another user.
Signature graphics are permitted, but may only contain your character name, personal or guild sigil and personal slogan or other text that is directly related to your in-game persona, or content directly related to Crowfall. All content must be in good taste. Size is limited to 32k bytes.
Signatures are limited to the following by the forum software:
· Maximum number of images users in this group can add to their signature: 1
· Maximum dimensions of images users in this group can use in their signature: Max Width (px): 500 x Max Height (px): 100
· Maximum number of urls users in this group can add to their signature: 2
· Maximum number of lines users in this group can use in their signature: 2
Profanity is not allowed
The use of profanity on the forums is not allowed. Please be respectful of your fellow players, and do not use this sort of language. This includes intentionally working around the word filter or partially masking profanity by substituting characters or words. The intent will still be clear and it will be treated as prohibited profanity.
Some actions can result in disciplinary actions, including the immediate suspension of forum privileges
There are some actions severe enough to result in immediate temporary or permanent suspension of posting privileges without prior notification. Serious or sustained offenses may result in suspension of not only the user's forum account but game account as well.
Please refer to the General Rules of Conduct for the complete list, but examples include:
· Threats against anyone or any group.
· Viruses, malware, worms, or Trojans.
· Sexually explicit content, including sexual harassment.
· Sharing personal information about Art+Craft volunteers, employees, or any other individuals.
· Hate speech, including the degrading or vilifying of a particular race, religion, ethnic group, gender, sexual preference, or sexual identity, as well as any members of these groups.
· Evading suspension through account hopping.
· Impersonation of an Art+Craft employee or agent.
· Promoting or linking to exploits, cheating programs, piracy, or any sort of illegal activity
Serious violations of these rules may result in further steps taken with your Internet Service Provider (ISP), Law Enforcement, or required authorities or agencies.
Abide by moderator and Art+Craft employee instructions
If you disagree with a moderator or employee's actions, do not discuss or challenge the matter publicly in forum posts. Do not attempt to recreate a closed thread by starting a new one on the same topic. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to include your forum handle, and clearly state your concerns. NEVER send your password to anyone, including Art+Craft representatives.
Moderation actions by their nature are private between Art+Craft and the individual
Moderation and disciplinary actions related to specific individuals will only be discussed with the individual(s) directly involved via email at email@example.com. Do not share the contents of correspondence from Art+Craft representatives (including Support personnel, moderators or other staff members).
Discussion of general moderation actions and policies of any kind will be limited to the forum section entitled "The Great Hall", a 'town hall' type platform expressly for the discussion of Crowfall community concerns. All other discussions of moderation or customer support actions are not permitted elsewhere on our forums and may be moved to the proper area or removed entirely. Repeated posting about moderation actions outside of the "The Great Hall" may lead to disciplinary action. Discussions in "The Great Hall" section of the forum must be kept constructive, civil and should not reveal anyone's personal or account information (i.e. no specific individuals or situations can be mentioned).
Do not reveal account information when discussing Customer Service interactions
Due to privacy concerns, Customer Service (CS) interactions should not contain sensitive account information. No Art+Craft employee or representative will ever ask for your password, and you should never include your password in any communication with Art+Craft or through any other means (such as chat rooms on the forums or in-game).
Moderation activities involving the discipline of an individual
If a moderator or Art+Craft representative removes or edits your post, you will be contacted. In the midst of any moderation activity, the individual account ability to post may be temporarily suspended. Once a determination has been made about the specific incident, and if any action is being taken relative to the incident, the individual will be notified via private message and/or email of the incident, what element of the rules were violated and the disciplinary action, if any, that is being taken for the violation.
Due to privacy concerns, persons who report posts will not be notified about what actions, if any, were taken against the reported user.
When a situation warrants disciplinary action, we prefer to only issue warnings (that may or may not include warning points), but we may escalate to temporary suspensions to allow a cool-down period. Some incidents can (and repeated incidents will) lead to permanent suspension including loss of communication privileges, access to the game and/or any pledges or Crowfall store credits associated with the account. Permanent suspensions may be appealed once after a 90- day cool-down period by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Forum content is moderated at Art+Craft's sole discretion, and content may be modified, moved, removed, or otherwise restricted by Art+Craft employees and/or moderators.
Remember: Be respectful and courteous to others in our forums