I have found my calling! This is the one I have been waiting for. I am truly excited about the game, all though I might dual box with a warrior I need not look any further!
I will be throwing in my $$$ for sure. Woot!
1. What is the pricing model for Crowfall? Crowfall is a “buy once, play forever” game. That means that you buy the game once (estimated retail price of USD $50.) and you can play for the life of the game, without ever paying us again!
We also offer an optional VIP membership, details of which are provided below.
2. Can I spend real world currency buy in-game items or currency? No. The only things that you can buy from ArtCraft:
- VIP membership tickets
- Cosmetic items that do not affect gameplay
- Account level services (such as increasing your number of character slots, or the size and population caps of your personal kingdom).
3. What do I get for buying the game? You get a digital copy of the game and one active game account, which you can use to connect to the live game service.
Each game account allows for three characters, and one “passive training” slot that you can use to train one of your characters – even when you are offline.
4. Are there any restrictions on those character slots? Nope. You have access to all the archetypes. You get the same number of character creation points to use to customize your characters. You draw from the same list of advantages, disadvantages, promotion classes and disciplines to advance your character. Your skill list is the same. Your character advances at the same rate.
Our goal is to make the VIP membership entirely optional.
5. What do I get for a VIP membership? VIP members allows a few additional benefits:
“Behind the scenes” access to the development of the game VIP members can use passive training for all 3 character slots (not just 1) Priority access to all game servers VIP frame / badge on the forums Discount pricing on any purchases Other cool (non-balance affecting) benefits as we think of them!
6. How much will VIP membership cost? The price is currently TBD, but we’re expecting it to be around $15 a month.
7. Can I buy resources (stone, iron, wood) from ACE? No. Once the only way to get resources will be to either earn them by participating in Campaigns, or by trading with other players.
8. Can items and resources be traded between players? Yes. This the foundation of a player-driven economy.
9. Can I trade VIP membership tickets to other players? Yes. This means that people who purchase the game, but don’t want to pay a monthly subscription, can still become VIP members by providing goods and services to other players.
10. Does this apply to the game world-wide? or just North America? These answers are for North America only. Other territories will have likely different pricing methods. Details related to other markets will be released at a later time.
Stopping into welcome the newest members, Strykus, Nathanule & Icepants. Please stop by http://crowfall.shivtr..com to say hello. Feel free to contact any of us if you have questions. Looking forward to getting to know you all.