Returning player from a few years ago here. Loaded up CF on a whim and have been glued to it since!
+ Incredible improvement on Framerates. IIRC, last time I played I was hard pressed for 20 frames, today I enjoy 60 while nothing intensive is going on, 40-50 in small combat. Haven't had the chance to get into huge PvP yet, so unsure about that.
+ Love the change from archetypes. Race + Class is much more intuitive and friendlier to different builds
- When my Menu screen opens, regardless of method (looting, pressing 'I' etc), I have a ~.5 second freeze. Very obtrusive as it happens every time.
- Items do not automatically stack when pushing between banks and inventory
Class Specific Feedback (Druid):
- I've only played the Druid really. The only class I'm really interested in except the Ranger, but figured I'd spend my time in one primary class.
+ Much more playable than it was two years ago! I can actually heal almost full time without spending %50+ of my time trying to dump essense
- Damage output needs to be reworked I believe. Even stormy drood feels a little low on the DPS-o-meter
- Soloability as anything but Lightning druid feels pretty bad. Earthkeeper is virtually unplayable solo. Archdruid can manage, but not very effective.
- Would like to see some baseline abilities reworked to make a Druid of any specialization workable solo. Ultimately, I'd like to see all druid capable of some basline DPS, just for solo play, with something like Storm Druid getting more AoE and higher damage overall, Archdruid getting higher single target damage but no AoE, and Eachkeeper keeping their baseline DPS.
- Milestone promised an Asia test server, but it's still not here (Japan player here). My ping and Msg are around 250 - 500, sometimes spiking over 1k. I'm on a gigabit connection.
- Mobs are extremely buggy. Unsure what the intent is, but when I aggro a mob, they just sort of stutter in place most the time doing nothing. Other times, they stutter towards me at the speed of mach jesus, so I'm not sure what's up there
- The above stuttering problem applies to other players as well once 10 or more get on the screen.
- New player experience is pretty poor. While it is Alpha, totally get that, I think a good new player experience would vastly improve new player retention, which woul lead to a better testing cohort. Just imo, I'm not a game dev!
- General lagginess seems to be an issue, both network and non-player (other players and mobs) animations
Overall: If the game ran smoother in terms of animations, I could easily see this being my favorite game to play. Right now, even though the framerate got a huge boost (kudos on that, glad to see it!), the game still feels very janky in a not-good way; enemies don't path properly, players and mobs teleport, some loading issues when using dodges (especially long ranged dodge with Wood Elf).
Keep up the awesome work ACE! You guys are amazing.