Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigcat

Crowfall no longer ranked on mmorpg!

What does it mean!?!?

Crowfall held the #1 spot on mmorpg.com for almost a year and now its not even listed in the top 7!

- Gloria Victis
 - Camelot Unchained
 - Albion Online
 - Star Citizen
 - Blade & Soul

I know that mmorpg.com is a crap site with biased crap reviews, but nonetheless this is a telling sign as any?   Are players losing interest in CF?  Are players judging CF by the Hunger Dome and turning to other titles?  

Worried on Long Island.

-Bigcat

Thread title is a bit misleading. Crowfall is still ranked, just lower. This hype meter is not based on reviews, it just tries to meter the excitement of fans for a particular game.

There could be several explanations for the drop of hype:

1. People downvoting because they are fanboys for another game
  2. People truly getting less excited
  3. Disgruntled ex-fans downvoting

Seen Nr. 1 happen before, it's what it is. Nr. 2 could be because people don't like where the game is heading or totally misunderstand what the Hunger Dome was/is about. We already know people were confused about the greyscale world of HD 1.0. Silly in my eyes and they don't understand what game development is. These people most likely didn't keep up with the info that ACE put out in their articles and videos. Nr. 3 will also happen over time. ACE already stated Crowfall will not be for everybody and over time people change their opinions.

Do we have reason to be concerned? Imo, not really. The current hype value is more realistic for a PvP focused game like Crowfall. Hype tends to come in waves, so you can expect it to drop over time. Maybe it will come up, maybe not. I don't take this hype meter stuff very serious any way. It's also easy to influence it. The only bad thing about not being on this hype meter is that Crowfall loses exposure.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Great.

I am really happy that Chronicles of Elyria gets so good response there.

Even more happy that Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is doing so good and seems to be on the right track.

Blade & Soul is already since 2 years in korea running. Nothing special.

And why Albion Online is so hyped, thats something I will never understand.

Well I dont know how this rating is generated, but what I know is, that Crowfall is the most interesting and ambitious game project for me right now, after the downfall of EverQuest Next.

Also I am happy that now after the complete fail of capitalism and all their AAA MMO Bull****, now so many interesting and ambitious Indie MMOs are coming up, not fearing to take some risks.

Right now is defintely the time if you ever planned to take on the adventure of creating a great MMO, making your vision come true.

Maybe the only single time ever left you will have this chance in your life again.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

It happens to almost every game. It starts off high when its announced and the zealots run out to hype it at 10 then gradually falls off as the less enthusiastic people score it less.

Its all pretty meaningless however since you can see how many people are voting. Elyria has 220 votes and Crowfall has around 400 so barely anyone actually uses the hype meter.

With the rise of twitch, youtube amd most of all reddit, sites like mmorpg are not that relevant anymore but It still has a decent following of old-school mmo players.

Edited by jacobin

When a game that wasn't even on the list suddenly jumps to the top and the #1 game vanishes, there's usually a reason. Fans want their game to rise, so they downvote higher ranked games. Over time, however, these things usually balance out. I can't verify that this is what happened here, but it's probably what happened.

Edited by arawulf

Well you can see the latest hype comment, it was on 11/26 by someone who doesn't like pvp.  The next nearest one was 11/9.

So visibly nothing happened that I can see.

But as Fenris says, that site manipulates rankings.  Oh yes, and reviews and comments.  For money.

So maybe Artcraft stopped paying it's dues.

I don't think many of you realize that mmorpg.com is a shady website.

I wouldn't be surprised if they manipulated the rankings... and the fact that Crowfall was #1 for a lot of time means nothing as well.

I wouldn't write for them if they did that stuff. The only manual manipulation that ever happens with the hype meter is when a developer tells their fans to vote, which is a no-no. Those game are removed from the hype meter. This wasn't the case w/ Crowfall - a new game showed up, rose very quickly and Crowfall suddenly dropped. Probably the same user base doing both.

Edited by arawulf

It bugs me a little bit, but with 2.0 it will hopefully get back to the top ranks.

From what I understood you have to visit the page regularly and be active by posting, or your vote will be suspended temporarily

I wouldn't write for them if they did that stuff. The only manual manipulation that ever happens with the hype meter is when a developer tells their fans to vote, which is a no-no. Those game are removed from the hype meter. This wasn't the case w/ Crowfall - a new game showed up, rose very quickly and Crowfall suddenly dropped. Probably the same user base doing both.

Maybe they should check out their forums then.

Removing them from the meter might be a bit harsh though

With crowfall and the way it has chosen to handle development it will be a rollercoaster ride with the hype.

The vision for crowfall is hypeworthy... but because the development is transparent, what people have to go by right now is what they are actually seeing, which is a hunger dome with slow clunky movement and mediocre combat.  Now sure we can contextualize it all and understand that it is nothing to panic about, but that's not really how hype works.  Hype is more emotion based. 

The hype will obviously go up as the game gets closer to its target...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir