Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

New moderators incoming

Earlier today, this message was sent to the volunteer moderators. 

Hey, guys

The recent leak of confidential logs from the moderators’ Slack channel is problematic not because of what was leaked (which was insignificant), but the fact that the leak happened in the first place. A breach of trust like that can’t be ignored. Given we have no proof of who leaked the information, we are forced to end the term of the entire group of active moderators.

In time, we will hire community staff, but for now we are choosing to use our financial resources in ways that will further the development of the game itself, which we consider to be the highest priority. For now, we are bringing in a new team of volunteer moderators that are not active members of the Crowfall community to ensure, as best we can, that moderation will be as impartial as possible.

I have enjoyed getting to know all of you and will miss chatting with you in Slack. Thank you so much for the time and energy you’ve generously given to the Crowfall community.  All of us at ACE greatly appreciate all you've done to support us. 

All the best, 

~P~ 

It's unfortunate that the behavior of one person resulted in this being necessary. 

A few additional points of note: 

1. Moderators cannot see IP addresses, email addresses or account information. 

2. Moderators cannot receive private messages. 

3. Moderators will use a straightforward template when answering reports. It is impersonal by design. 

3. Moderators do not have access to admin or Support tools. 

If you have a question or concern about moderation, please contact support@artcraftent.com. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

"For now, we are bringing in a new team of volunteer moderators that are not active members of the Crowfall community to ensure, as best we can, that moderation will be as impartial as possible."

Are these people that are already known or will you be accepting random volunteers with low post counts?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Thank you volunteer moderators, and sorry for giving you a harsh time somtimes.   :)

Hope you have a good time and stay interested in Crowfall.

Thank you for supporting the community.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Good call, IMO. Spend money on the actual game right now, not on babysitting malcontents who insist on pushing buttons and boundaries.

There is really no boundaries being pushed. anyone with 30 minutes to kill could moderate the activity on these forums no problem. The only issue I've seen is the flagrant abuse of the report button. 

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

There is really no boundaries being pushed. anyone with 30 minutes to kill could moderate the activity on these forums no problem. The only issue I've seen is the flagrant abuse of the report button. 

Well that's just not true. Otherwise there would be no banning's and no posts being moderated/deleted for various reasons.  Its few and far between sure but yeah it does happen and will continue to happen so just glad that ACE won't be spending ie wasting money right now moderating it.

Edited by pang

Well, this is a beat a dead horse debate anyways, Pang.

Also, I see there is no address of the now infamous IRC chat log. I feel this is kind of a round about way of taking action but not addressing the larger issue. Having a snippet of Slack chat released was convenient. Regardless, this a far better solution than anonymods and we do not have to worry about people pushing alts into a position of power.

Hello, new moderators. 

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

Not sure I agree with this part "(which was insignificant)".  Based on what I saw, it was quite the opposite.   It seems more like the whistle blower is being scapegoated.

Also, moderators are volunteers and for them to volunteer, they have to be active enough to apply.   There is a very good chance that some are alts used to repeat the problem again.  A better solution is not use anonymous mods, but I respect the decision based on the current business needs.

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

Not sure I agree with this part "(which was insignificant)".  Based on what I saw, it was quite the opposite.   It seems more like the whistle blower is being scapegoated.

I was confused by this as well, but I gather she is talking about some other chat log, not the one posted in the "Anonymods Infiltrated?" thread.

IhhQKY6.gif

Round and round we go, where we'll stop only Pann knows. lol

Out with the old (or just moderately used) and in with the newish!

This community is full of excitement....or drama...or both? 

Please say hello new Mod team so we know where to throw the "welcoming tomatoes."  :P

Edited by Keaggan

So what I gather is that one person is at fault for a group of anon mods who were pets of a certain aspect of the community who used this power to remove posts of another aspect of the community as well has hand out suspensions is no red flags? 

When my brother spoke with Tyrant in email. Tyrant stated that if this doesn't work he'd hire mods. but he didn't want to take away from the development budget. Now that would normally make sense. If you didn't have a community so utterly and completely divided that they'd argue over the colors of white fluffy clouds. 

And this is the community you draw your anon mods from. How possibly does this confuse you on being a bad idea? 

Hopefully this new batch can at the very least pretend to be objective and not wear their agenda around their necks. 

Edited by Tehrror

Quite a few people publicly bragged about their moderator accounts, some claiming to have multiple mod accounts. I've witnessed a number of people mock reports, either submitted by myself or by others. I've been told that reports have been ignored and deleted to prevent action from being taken against the friends of the mods.

It's not even out of the realm of possibility that much of this has been manufactured in order to emphasize the deficiencies of this system by a few people.

Please reconsider bringing back named moderators as opposed to attempting anonymous moderators from outside the community.

It's not even out of the realm of possibility that much of this has been manufactured in order to emphasize the deficiencies of this system by a few people.

I'm not one for chasing ghosts that don't exist, but in this case it's very obvious and should not have come as a surprise to ACE and other people. The speed which the anonymods have been replaced with the new batch shows me it didn't.

Please reconsider bringing back named moderators as opposed to attempting anonymous moderators from outside the community.

I said from the beginning that I was not sure about this anonymod program when it was first announced. Clearly it has been impossible to filter out the bad apples with malicious intentions. I hoped this would not happen. I do not know the recruitment process behind the anonymod program since I did not apply myself and never will. Although it seems some people like to believe differently. Believe who you want. Fact is, this process was not sufficient. I'm not blaming ACE for this though.

I do think this program was setup with good intentions to protect those who were willing to make these forums a nicer place to be able to discuss things about the game in a proper and polite manner. But as with many other things in life we can't have nice things and a few ruin it for the majority.

Hiring people to moderate forums is expensive, so I understand and support the decision of ACE not to hire mods at this point in time. I want to see the money go towards game development too. However, I would like some clarification about where these new moderators are coming from. 'Not active' doesn't say enough imo, so be transparent about this ACE.

So, I agree with Valor, no more anonymods. Sadly, this experiment has failed.
Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I think the message is quite clear and I sincerely hope that @Pann and the rest of the team take note! We need transparency and it's clear we're not getting that 100% atm...

These forums are important to us as backers and to you as Devs, they provide a platform to allow you to connect with those of us who backed you don't ruin it with statements we'd typically expect of politicians

Edited by Citadel_1664

3e1fe97e6f8cb8b5d3e53745cdedd75a67909c97

Follow Us On Twitter ~ @SerratedGuild

Personal and professional integrity is a priceless commodity.

A difficult but wise decision.

Art is a delicate dance between creativity and comprehension.