Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

New moderators incoming

Almost universally for the decade+ I've been part of MMO communities, having anonymous moderation forces or moderators with strong guild affiliations is almost always going to end with people harboring or even developing grudges.

Proportional to the size of the community, giving people with affiliations power is a bad decision.  You either give a handful of power players from prominent guilds more power over the community, or you divvy it up in a way where the community isn't being represented.  You can't win. 

You can't give players power over other players in that way, especially anonymously.  Especially when criticising moderation is either punished, ignored, or silently removed.

Maybe it's obvious in retrospect but for anyone who's seen any internet community it should have been obvious in advance.

There is really no boundaries being pushed. anyone with 30 minutes to kill could moderate the activity on these forums no problem. The only issue I've seen is the flagrant abuse of the report button. 

Truth, in it's baldest form.

And that the moderators here actually pay attention to the ridiculous "report" abuse is extremely unfortunate. It has already cost AC substantial money and it will invariably cost them more.

That said the game is going to be good enough to overcome the obvious inability of AC as a company to efficiently transition from a game like W101 to the supposedly spiritual successor to something as raw, glorious and grown-up as SB.

My .02.

The amazing this is that now we essentially have no moderation. Of the three mods none have been online in over a month. One hasn't logged in since December.

The forums haven't fallen apart. Nothing has happened. Hours wasted, community driven away, moderator abuse, and an endless Moderating carousel for absolutely no reason.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg