Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for December - Official discussion thread

@Bonus Question : An AI system for offline protection of assets? Players/Guilds can purchase boons/barracks that will help support their assets against takeover/invasion at a cost. Both a money sink and affords those guilds who can't be online at all hours ready to defend every, single, piece of their asset lots?

Thanks Todd and Thomas!

p.s. 'Nailed it!' :)

kaGO5WE.png

First I was like: what is wrong - no minimap?

But then I kept thinking about it and came to the conclusion it will actually be good to have none.

From my experience in other games - the moment you get a minimap, you watch this thing actually more often than the game itself. For navigation, seeing enemys and stuff. Bringing the attention back to the game is a good idea.

I like.

Edited by Dwayna

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

I'm glad it's not permadeath. I had a feeling that was pretty unlikely.

With the current hints they've given I think they might be hinting at some sort of prestige system like CoD and a few other games do. For those unfamiliar with the prestige system you essentially reset all of your character's stats and start from scratch while gaining some insignificant permanent unlock (usually cosmetic but I'm curios to see what CF would do)

- They say "you can lose a character but it's not traditional permadeath" that lines up with how you essentially wipe a character clean when you prestige.

- The prestige system would also line up with the statement that this new system heavily influences character progression and skills.

I don't think this would be a half bad idea because it would encourage people to constantly mess with different character builds and give the game another reset mechanic.

If this is the case I'm sure Crowfall's prestige system will be a bit different than what we've seen in other games but have the same general premise. I could be wrong but I think it's a decent guess.

Edited by Zybak

I'm glad it's not permadeath. I had a feeling that was pretty unlikely.

With the current hints they've given I think they might be hinting at some sort of prestige system like CoD and a few other games do. For those unfamiliar with the prestige system you essentially reset all of your character's stats and start from scratch while gaining some insignificant permanent unlock (usually cosmetic but I'm curios to see what CF would do)

- They say "you can lose a character but it's not traditional permadeath" that lines up with how you essentially wipe a character clean when you prestige.

- The prestige system would also line up with the statement that this new system heavily influences character progression and skills.

I don't think this would be a half bad idea because it would encourage people to constantly mess with different character builds and give the game another reset mechanic.

If this is the case I'm sure Crowfall's prestige system will be a bit different than what we've seen in other games but have the same general premise. I could be wrong but I think it's a decent guess.

Yea I was thinking about prestige system as well but wanted to hold off on sharing the idea... Also I wonder how runestones tie into that.  Maybe prestiging opens runestone slots or something and you can use runestones for permanent increases to your character.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Hints so far

My guess

Two game mechanics come to mind

1. Zombie games where when you die your corpse becomes part of the threat in game
  2. Sci-fi games, like eve or star citizen, where when you die you come back either as a clone or wake up in a med bay but because advancement is based on your vesicle anything that can't be recovered is lost

My guess combines the two

Die, and your body litters the ground for a time until the hunger consumes it.  This gives the PK plenty of time to take your stuff or creates a zombie that has your stuff.  Why I like this idea

1. We've already seen zombies able to use knight powers
  2. The gear still can take wear and tare until its gone
  3. It matches the walking dead theme Tyrant has talked about

In addition to loosing your gear on death I think you also lose your Discipline Runestones.  This matches the runestone hint from the other interview.  Runestones so far are also the only non permanent form of advancement.  After death your are placed in another vessel by your god and go about your business once again.

In addition to loosing your gear on death I think you also lose your Discipline Runestones.  This matches the runestone hint from the other interview.  Runestones so far are also the only non permanent form of advancement.  After death your are placed in another vessel by your god and go about your business once again.

I think in regards to runestones, "but also more permanent increases (in the form of Runestones)" I wonder what "more permanent" entails, is that just a bit more permanent? completely permanent? etc etc

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I think in regards to runestones, "but also more permanent increases (in the form of Runestones)" I wonder what "more permanent" entails, is that just a bit more permanent? completely permanent? etc etc

I don't think runestones decay like weapons and armor do.

edit: so more permanent in the world (they are destroyed if you re slot a runestone).  It would also be cool if you could level up a runestone so you got more bonus.

Edited by Degan

All interesting possibilities.  Maybe it's a more strict death penalty - not an impermanent shroud but more like "de-leveling."

Edit: Like on death, you are taken by the hunger and have to pay something to be released from the hunger and regain your warmth.

Edited by mctan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

All interesting possibilities.  Maybe it's a more strict death penalty - not an impermanent shroud but more like "de-leveling."

Edit: Like on death, you are taken by the hunger and have to pay something to be released from the hunger and regain your warmth.

Reviving costs 1 month of VIP time.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Uuuuhhuuhuuu.

They for sure know how to get you interested. 

Lets hope the meal tastes as good as they are presenting it, rubbing their bellys and saying nomnomnom and yumyumyum with a big promising smile. :lol:

All the other self-proclaimed game studios were always failing on delivering their great promises until now, mocking me every time. So I have become suspicious of course.

But somehow I think its really gonna be interesting this time, and not an empty marketing act like all the others do.

I would think that its something in the way Fenris described already.

To build up on that what Fenris said and get at the same time into these new theories.

Prestige wouldnt make much sense. Just add an extra leveling method on top and you got the same result as what a reset makes/gives you.

Or just add an additional/extra experience leveling-method beside/beneath/above the one general leveling-method of your character level.

I cant really imagine that playing as a zombie would be fun, and I really love the anime Sankarea, so I know what I am talking about.

But it wouldnt be enjoyable I think.

One thing in this direction I could imagine would be, that you get to control the armys of the Hunger as a commander, and control them kinda like in Command&Conquer (I know, I am getting old) or Starcarft (better known for the youngsters).

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.