Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
siberain

Combat System - Any Chance?

Any chance the devs can make a sub system for the users who dont want to use combos that basically control the game play?

Can we leave the combos for people but also create a system where the "user" can control which spell they want to cast and when??

I just like freedom, not restrictions.

I mean how you have to spam one key in order to "unlock" a spell and spam a key and "unlock" another spell etc..

Basically the game is playing you to play the game since if you dont spam that key you wont get to unlock the combo.

What I'm asking is if we can be free of this and be allowed to choose what spells to use and when and not wait for the game to tell us when we spammed enough,

Don't really see the difference if you are "spamming" the 1 button to do different spells or "spamming" multiple buttons to do multiple spells. You're still hitting the same amount of keystrokes to do the same amount of abilities.

True but you cant control what spell you can cast till you've spammed enough times to unlock it as opposed to spamming different spells when "YOU" feel the situation calls for it.

For me, its just restrictive.

You don't HAVE to follow through with every combo. Most of the combos do status effects and CC so its not always the best time to use them just because its available. You still have the freedom to do whatever you want.

Why would someone use the combo system if they could use anything at anytime? A+A+A unlock B or just hit B whenever. Pretty much defeats the point of the current combat system if I'm reading correctly. Not sure I've seen a game that uses both in a competitive system.

Combo abilities are progressively more difficult to land, as that's as it is intended to be. As a knight, hitting something with Onslaught isn't hard. But staying close enough to the target to execute the next 2 abilities in the combo and get the knockdown is more difficult. If you could just execute any ability at any time it isn't on cooldown, then there would be no point at all to having combos. The idea behind the combos is they are more difficult to use, but provide more damage/utility. 

As a player, you have to either find or manufacture situations in which you can use your combos. 

Why would someone use the combo system if they could use anything at anytime? A+A+A unlock B or just hit B whenever. Pretty much defeats the point of the current combat system if I'm reading correctly. Not sure I've seen a game that uses both in a competitive system.

In a way you already can. You can go through the chain before you get to the person and then use the ability you want within range.

Its a crapshoot, but if you can time it correctly you can do that already.

In a way you already can. You can go through the chain before you get to the person and then use the ability you want within range.

Its a crapshoot, but if you can time it correctly you can do that already.

You still would have to put in the effort, lose resources, deal with cool downs, etc. With how the animation locks work for many abilities, you'd also lose time stuttering around attacking nothing.

You'd basically need a separate system with different moves, as these combos are designed around gated power.

You'd also need a much more complicated control scheme as you'd have twice as many actions on independent triggers. Care to share a working example of an action game like your describing?

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P