Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

FAQ: Skills and skill trees - Official discussion thread

I have never liked skill-trees. The rewards they give are so incremental that they just disappoint me. They don't even give the "shiny newness" feel of a new ability, or waking up the next day with a new skill-level trained. Even so, many others seem to like it, so enjoy! You fun haters... :(

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Why are tomes and scrolls consumable? I never appreciated this mechanism, why not just pass it around? Trade it? Maybe it needs to be repaired occasionally.

I'd doesn't actually matter, just silly.

If they aren't consumable, then you would only need to find 1 and pass it around to your entire guild. Making it consumable promotes trading. 

People claim that they have no need for the resources they are winning in the campaigns because they don't care about the EK, well, now they can trade those resources for tomes.

If they aren't consumable, then you would only need to find 1 and pass it around to your entire guild. Making it consumable promotes trading. 

People claim that they have no need for the resources they are winning in the campaigns because they don't care about the EK, well, now they can trade those resources for tomes.

Amoungst other things, the goal is to put many craftable items beyond wearable equipment that you seek out different types of crafters for.

Also I must appologise there are many details I had to censor out of this FaQ update because they would spoil what we plan to reveal later in the month. Game Systems in an MMO tend to be a big spiderweb of interconnected systems, touch one part and the whole thing jiggles.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Also I must appologise there are many details I had to censor out of this FaQ update because they would spoil what we plan to reveal later in the month. Game Systems in an MMO tend to be a big spiderweb of interconnected systems, touch one part and the whole thing jiggles.

AHA!

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

Amoungst other things, the goal is to put many craftable items beyond wearable equipment that you seek out different types of crafters for.

You're gonna make us wait until Christmas, aren't you?

I'm curious if the crafting and exploring skills raise stats as well, or if that's just for combat skills. I could see either way making sense. I'm also against hard respecs but wouldn't mind some sort of soft respecs. Like an item that takes 5, 10, 50 or whatever it would be % from one skill and transfers it to another. As long as it's hard to come by and only used for minor tweaks here and there.

nYgae2w.png

Great updates, I've always wondered what the skill advancement will look like. This leads to some more questions though. Does this mean that everyone will be about to max out their universal skill points?

Given 10 -15 years by the time we are done making skills and since we will keep adding new skills for new systems post launch.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

There are a lot of creative ways for exchangable items to behave beyond, "well that works".

You could be required to hold onto the tome until you've finished learning from it, it can degrade and require repair, replacement or copying. You may need a deep variety of tomes to progress increasing the cost and exchange.

Beside all that, the general function is fine, there could be any number of other objects used that fit better with "cause it's magic" than a tome. The gems used in FFT were much more attractive.

It's trivial, but it could be better.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P