Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Sneak peek: The Crowfall comic book - Official discussion thread

Hmm, interesting. Malekai spiders & "My lord was quite convincing." Look like a Knight getting mind-controlled or something? I have no idea, I'm so bad at this.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

mmmm....a spider crawling into your eye...that's pretty terrifying. 

Some say you eat a few spiders a year in your sleep.  ;)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Might as well throw some speculation out.

My guess is the new system coming will involve the gods (out Lord's) thus we each will need to align/serve one during character creation.

This will effect our progression and explain how we keep coming back after a campaign world ends.

I further speculate that choosing a god will effect all or at least most aspects of how we interact with Crowfall. When someone uses the word "hardcore" they generally mean level of consequence of choice. So Todd saying the "secret new system may be too hardcore for some" it would fit to picking a god has a long term impact.

How close (or more likely far) I am only time will tell. And time is approaching quickly!

Edited by Keaggan

So.... Choice of god is involved? Maybe?

Choice of god with various pros and cons for each perhaps. maybe there's a rep grind involved and that's where the "some might find it too hardcore" bit comes in?

Choice of god with various pros and cons for each perhaps. maybe there's a rep grind involved and that's where the "some might find it too hardcore" bit comes in?

I don't think rep grinds are Todd's idea of hardcore. Todd's version of Rep grind would be sacrificing your enemies (or self?) to the gods, if you go down the rep grind rabbit hole (my thought, could be wrong. Obviously.). I don't think rep grind is the right track, sacrifice, perhaps.

Edited by yamix

spiders taking over your body, in this case a representation of the hunger and turning you into the pve bad guys unless you take steps to prevent the corruption. Not usually seen in a fantasy mmorpg. Pretty hardcore to say to a certain segment of the community ok this character is now permanently something else, at least for this campaign. Seen in other genres.

What will the hardest of the hardcore pvp guys do when they turn into npcs!

Edited by oberon