Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZYBAK

Thoughts on Pre-Alpha 1.1 + Sick Champion Plays

GwXJy9N.jpg

Video link: https://youtu.be/SxLbU9AOHZM

Posted a video talking about what I think of Pre-Alpha 1.1 + some pretty sweet Champion plays. Let me know what you guys think.

Holy crap. What kind of monster graphics card and CPU do you have to be running the game that well? I have a GTX 780 and an i5 2500K, which admittedly isn't the greatest setup nowadays, and I get like 10 fps in fights. I can't even imagine how much harder I would dominate if I was getting even half the framerate you're getting.

Tell me how you do it. What resolution are you playing at? Are you on low settings? Is there anything else you're doing we should know? Do you have two 980 Ti's in SLI or something?

Edited by Jon

Holy crap. What kind of monster graphics card and CPU do you have to be running the game that well? I have a GTX 780 and an i5 2500K, which admittedly isn't the greatest setup nowadays, and I get like 10 fps in fights. I can't even imagine how much harder I would dominate if I was getting even half the framerate you're getting.

Tell me how you do it. What resolution are you playing at? Are you on low settings? Is there anything else you're doing we should know? Do you have two 980 Ti's in SLI or something?

I have a GTX 780 and i7 3930k processor. I have an entire separate computer and mix board dedicated to recording and encoding my audio/video footage. It's not that I have a beast PC, it's just that I'm not recording on the same PC I play on.

However I will be getting a brand new shiny everything when Crowfall gets closer to release so I can have the best of both worlds.

I have a GTX 780 and i7 3930k processor. I have an entire separate computer and mix board dedicated to recording and encoding my audio/video footage. It's not that I have a beast PC, it's just that I'm not recording on the same PC I play on.

However I will be getting a brand new shiny everything when Crowfall gets closer to release so I can have the best of both worlds.

I get 10-20 fps in fights even when I'm not recording and I have the same GPU as yours and your CPU isn't THAT much more powerful than mine and you're getting like 60 fps. I don't get it. My rig handles Crysis 3 at 1440p maxed out at smooth framerates, I come over to this game and I get 10-20 fps.

Nice video though. It's really nice to watch the game being played at 60 fps.

your CPU isn't THAT much more powerful than mine and you're getting like 60 fps.

Games at this stage are pretty CPU heavy until the game is optimized to use your graphics card more. MMOs in general are becoming more CPU dependent. I remember back in 2005-2010 you could pretty much have a piece of crap CPU but continually upgrade your graphics card and still get great performance.

Games at this stage are pretty CPU heavy until the game is optimized to use your graphics card more. MMOs in general are becoming more CPU dependent. I remember back in 2005-2010 you could pretty much have a piece of crap CPU but continually upgrade your graphics card and still get great performance.

I'm noticing this effect myself - I have a new GTX 970 but the graphics lag I am experiencing during combat (fps drops from 60ish to 15ish) may be related to an older and less capable CPU.

rSHxVEY.gif

Jeez that's pretty ancient dude. That thing came out in 2009.

And it has treated me well until 2015.  Gunna drop way too much on a CPU next year :D

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel