Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hunger Dome PvP - Victory Dungeon

brockit

So I was just watching some gameplay of Crowfalls Hunger Dome mode which looks really fun!  I like how there is a keep in the middle that the hunger approaches to be the battle ground for any remaining teams.  It got me thinking... What if after one team emerges victorious the surviving members of the team could choose to enter the keep which would have a full little PvE dungeon they could attempt to tackle as a gamble for even greater rewards?!?! Man I think that would be awesome! It would call for even stronger team work keeping everyone on your team alive to the very end.  Just an idea for different and cool ways to reward players.

You do know this game will not have PvE dungeons, right? You do know this game is about PvP, right? 

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I don't know if he's in the right game.. "Crowfall" is PvP Central..

there will be no dungeon instances or 95% PvE continent.

We're sorry if you're disappointed about this, it's 95% or 98% PvP and 5% or 2% PvE for including "mobs to keep the threat out there".

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Yes guys I do know Crowfall is a PvP centered game and there are now planned dungeons.  I love and am all about PvP and really don't like "traditional" PvE.  How ever I have in the past (long ago, before the days of queing for a pug) had fun running dungeons in MMOs with my friends. Friends who I would also PvP with. I guess could compare this idea to Arathi Basin in wow but not really at all.  What I was imagining was to get to the PvE loot, you must first prove your self in PvP. within hunger dome and its last man (group) standing rules would defiantly make it interesting.  like 4 people alive you would have a good chance at clearing the keep, 3 would be possible, 2 would be near impossible and 1 is suicide. of course you could also just revive the any fallen members of the winning group. but I feel that would take away from the risk vs reward... and thats what its all about :D

No, you apparently have no idea what it's about. You claim to know tis a PvP game but are posting an idea for a PvE dungeon. There are no dungeons. There are no raids. Take that junk back to WoW. 

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I have not had the pleasure of testing this game but I did back it.  When I saw some Hungerdome gameplay I thought it looked fun and just wanted to share my after thought. I don't care if the game was 100% PvP I am still excited for Crowfall.  

I'd like to see the Hunger Dome return annually for a limited time, such as 1-2 weeks.  This keep campaigns relevant and gives players something different to do.

The gods are all about seeing which of the crows are the strongest, which ones would survive. This event could co-inside with Valentines day or some other annual event. I don't know of to many seasonal events in the summer, maybe have it then.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I'm curious how this would ruin the game in the eyes of those against it.

I'm not saying I'd endorse this idea but I'd like to hear how this would ruin the game.

The entire premise of the game is fighting against other players for loot. You craft what you want and take from others what you can, right? This idea adds an unnecessary layer to the game that will take people out of campaign worlds (if it were implemented full time) to fight in an arena, essentially. My initial thought is that it splits the pvp population and sets a precedent for them to deviate from the original intent of the game in other areas. Mobs are scarce, and dungeons non existent. I'm sure there will be somewhere in the world where players will be able to host their own sorts of tournaments for bragging rights anyway, am I right? ;)

9e58b2ae2f9ac9f2904b5d4c33b609bb92d1a174

"Sharp alone, deadly together."

This idea adds an unnecessary layer to the game that will take people out of campaign worlds

My understanding of what was suggested which, if I'm wrong please correct me, is that there could be 1-2 random keeps IN a campaign world that would spawn this mini event. Whomever wins could get a small bonus of doing a basic dungeon. In a game like this I'd see it fairly vanilla with just a sequence of mobs to deal with to get the final "chest-o-loot." 

Thus in the end you get the keep for winning and a shot at a bonus. If you fail the dungeon disappears and everyone looses their gear/items then respawns. 

If you win you come out of the dungeon with your loot...and hope people aren't sieging the keep to take the loot you just earned! lol

But, guess what: There are no dungeons or PvE raids in this game. Honestly, the amount of threads about PvE in a game about PvP is absolutely mind boggling. 

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'd like to see the Hunger Dome return annually for a limited time, such as 1-2 weeks.  This keep campaigns relevant and gives players something different to do.

The gods are all about seeing which of the crows are the strongest, which ones would survive. This event could co-inside with Valentines day or some other annual event. I don't know of to many seasonal events in the summer, maybe have it then.

This is a remotely interesting idea. 

Once they make combat interesting and compelling and enjoyable. 

I'm curious how this would ruin the game in the eyes of those against it.

I'm not saying I'd endorse this idea but I'd like to hear how this would ruin the game.

Every MMO developer would love to build a game that has everything for everyone.  Unfortunately, there's no such thing as an unlimited budget or unlimited development time.  As such, a development path was taken for Crowfall with a defined game/play type.  PVE dungeon/raiding is not this playstyle.  Implementing ideas like this would take away from the core of the game, and force valuable monetary and time resources away from completing this.  That's how it would ruin the game.

[@--(o.O)@]