Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Ready… aim… SPECULATE! - Official discussion thread

Here's another page from the Crowfall™ comic book that contains a hint about the upcoming "Big Reveal" 

FULL STORY 

P.S. This is the first of two updates today. Stay tuned for the second one.
(You'll like it. It's a video.)

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I like the idea that Mike put forward but my vote goes to a variant.  I believe we have skills in each tree that have to be unlocked (as in you see a blank space in the progression tree).  Some are unlocked by consuming something a crafter can make, other might be after killing multiple enemies.  I'm sure people can think of other ways to unlock skills.  These unlock-able skills are your memories and they need to be unlocked at the start of each campaign.  Depending on how hard it is to unlock some skills the fact that you have to unlock the skills again after each death might be considered to hard core.  It's also possible that they have a variant on the mechanic where you have to die multiple times in a campaign to lose skills.  BTW I think these skills should be called Champion Skills, just say'n.

Edited by Degan

WAIT A SEC! That Assassin doesn't have wings!

Artistical oversight.  :P

But...

1. That could mean that only certain Promotion classes have wings, which could also mean that other Archetypes, besides the Assassin, can also have wings.  I am basing this on the idea that I thought that some Promotion classes could be shared across Archetypes.

2. Also, maybe there is a campaign where the hunger turns you against everyone and makes you a mindless automaton for the hunger.

Edited by etheric

Artistical oversight.  :P

But...

That could mean that only certain Promotion classes have wings, which could also mean that other Archetypes, besides the Assassin, can also have wings.  I am basing this on the idea that I thought that some Promotion classes could be shared across Archetypes.

I don't recall hearing anything about shared Promotion classes.

Another thought-- someone killed that Assassin and looted her wings! I think they looted her outfit as well, but she went on to kill Tinky-Winky and loot his onesie.

And is one of those Knights getting ready to chuck a spear? With another spear in his shield hand?

IhhQKY6.gif

Plugsuits for Assassins?

Another guess is related to the siege environment - maybe more details about the two siege mechanics especially the Banecircle one (I think it's this one) since we have obviousy two factions fighting eachother. 

Other guesses:

• Templar Archetype
  • Promotions or Disciplines (Knight's with spears)
  • Crafting

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

I'm hoping the Assassin wings retract/fold up nicely. I definitely don't want to play a character with massive wings getting in the way of what I want to see.

Has anyone suggested an "extra lives" system for Crowfall?  Certainly is a system near to perma-death and is tried and true in many other games.  I could see the need to earn extra lives within the campaign world and if you get to zero, you're off the world.  

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

Has anyone suggested an "extra lives" system for Crowfall?  Certainly is a system near to perma-death and is tried and true in many other games.  I could see the need to earn extra lives within the campaign world and if you get to zero, you're off the world.  

thats sounds actually pretty cool, depends on how many characters one can have.

not that they just login in the last days to save their character or w/e

Bbhm5iJ.jpg

thats sounds actually pretty cool, depends on how many characters one can have.

not that they just login in the last days to save their character or w/e

Yeah, in another thread I suggested a de-leveling system, which could interplay pretty well and is along the lines (though a different implementation) of Arawulf's ideas too.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com