Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Ready… aim… SPECULATE! - Official discussion thread

You have one Crow Soul per account (The Scavenger); the same soul inhabits all your Alts. Their progress is stored individually (The Archetype), but deity alignment (The Oath) is the same across all your alts. You can play multiple alts spread across different campaigns, but only one alt can be "alive in campaign" at any given time. Dying is the only way to switch between characters who are in different campaigns, maybe a soft-permadeath for moving to a new CW. Perhaps this is how they discourage campaign hoppers/quitters. Crazy I know, but only thing I can think of that fits.

That's as good a guess as I've seen so far.

i'm thinking, they have lives outside the office & Austin has some good night life spots, so 30 & 31 may be out of the question

I hope you're right, but given that they had an info drop on Christmas Eve, I doubt they are too concerned about New Year's Eve. Granted the Christmas Eve info drop was just a page from the comic, but the reveal is probably already written and all they have to do is post it. Someone could do it from home if they had to.

The only reason I can think of as to why they might reveal it today would be so they can answer questions about it, but they could do that Thursday too if they release it early in the day.

During the Hunger Dome, "general skills" and "archetype skills" could be separated. This might indicate that you can reincarnate in a different campaign (or maybe the same) as a different archetype but keep your "general" skills like crafting or whatever when you reset your archetype and its accompanying skills.

The comic basically suggests the crow soul remains the same while the superficial archetype trappings can change.

jK2AOsQ.png

I sorted the images into what I perceive to be the correct order to make the wild mass speculation a little more convenient

That order works for me, thanks for the effort!

rSHxVEY.gif

You have one Crow Soul per account (The Scavenger); the same soul inhabits all your Alts.  Their progress is stored individually (The Archetype), but deity alignment (The Oath) is the same across all your alts. You can play multiple alts spread across different campaigns, but only one alt can be "alive in campaign" at any given time.  Dying is the only way to switch between characters who are in different campaigns, maybe a soft-permadeath for moving to a new CW.  Perhaps this is how they discourage campaign hoppers/quitters.  Crazy I know, but only thing I can think of that fits.

That's as good a guess as I've seen so far.

This feel right to me as well.  I think the mechanic they were wrestling with was "one character per Campaign World" and used the Scavenger as a lore solution.

rSHxVEY.gif