Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Ready… aim… SPECULATE! - Official discussion thread

Please enlighten us with as many details as you can get from any of this and why you think so.

Well... The comics signify the "death" of a crow (us). To me, the pages are ordered like so

War of the False Kings, Day 47

My Life Ended Just as it Started

Ready...aim...Speculate

In Pain, and Blood, and Light. 

[?]

His Offer was Simple. Eternal Life for Eternal Service.

My Lord was Quite Convincing.

This would explain that when a Crow dies, the God they are patron to raises them up once again to fight once more. That's how I see it. The Crow signifies your soul when you die. Of course, without knowing what happens after In Pain, and Blood, and Light. I can't know for sure.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

@coolster50

That's an interesting order, Life, Death, then Deity intervention, which makes sense and is consistent with Hero's story.  So in that order the Knight would already be aligned with Malekai before going into the battle in which he dies, then in the afterlife is offered the chance to return in exchange for eternal service.

Do you think that would have any effect on when or how players choose (or are recruited by) a deity?  Most assume that choice of deity will be made initially at character creation and perhaps is changeable later on, but I'd like to see the initial choice come later in the game and be tied in tighter with the Lore, and the result be semi-permanent, perhaps with a built in caveat for betrayal so it can be changed.

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

*page drops* 

Did you hear something? 

:ph34r:

Picture or comic page doesn't show. So, *crickets*.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Do you think that would have any effect on when or how players choose (or are recruited by) a deity?  Most assume that choice of deity will be made initially at character creation and perhaps is changeable later on, but I'd like to see the initial choice come later in the game and be tied in tighter with the Lore, and the result be semi-permanent, perhaps with a built in caveat for betrayal so it can be changed.

Hmm... I don't know honestly, but I feel we would suffer our God's wrath if we picked a different God each time before entering a Campaign; on the other hand though, I would be limiting if an unknowing person picked a random God at character creation only to find out they can't be apart of their friends faction/guild because they chose differently. Maybe that's the hardcore reveal they're talking about :P

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I'm seeing the possibility that we will have two different progression systems. One tied to a CW and the other tied to our account.

The General Skills will be an "eternal" progression carying over to each CW while Archetype specific skills will be earned throughout the current CW.

It also looks like we may be affected by which deity we choose. Perhaps specific perks, abilities, bonuses, etc.

Lastly I know Todd said he didn't want the ghost system of UO but the comics seem to fit it. Down side would be the easy and free recon we could do thus I hope we don't have UO ghosts in CF.

Edited by Keaggan

Yes, it was broken on the news page. Should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting this! 

It is not.  Still broken for me, both on this machine and on my phone.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

Damn you know, its christmas soon, like really soon. I just realized. Lets do something together while we wait for the big reveal!

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Damn you know, its christmas soon, like really soon. I just realized. Lets do something together while we wait for the big reveal!

Do we know the reveal is coming on Christmas, or they going to drag this out until New Year's Eve?

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

My life ended just as it started…

A broken image.

Btw, i can see the tiny image on the news, but when i click it's still broken.

Ples don mind me bed gremmer, i'm Apollo Gise