Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Ready… aim… SPECULATE! - Official discussion thread

link is still broken for me also. Tried opening it on chrome explorer and edge still nothin. 

But from what i can see based on the cropped display image, Malekai's pawn is back.

This would explain that when a Crow dies, the God they are patron to raises them up once again to fight once more.

This sounds really cool, I just hope it has an equally cool animation, spell effects, something. Instead of just popping back up some place else with a text over lay saying "you were resurrected" bla bla bla

MOkvLlm.png

I feel more and more confident that this is about forms of payment to the gods to respawn.

Edit: also some sort of accumulation of resources/artifacts and relics/points by god.  Choose wisely!

Edited by mctan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

The question now is where does your spirit crow go when you die?

• Back to your EK. 
  • To your deity's temple or altar.
  • To a graveyard.
  • To some sort of Spirit World where you have to beseech your deity to return you to life or make atonement.

Also:

How long will you be out of the fight after each death, and will you incur an additional penalty.

Edited by Gilgamer

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

Yes, Gilgamer, It looks like our toons' spirits must fly to a respawn point (graveyard or altar to patron god) in order to respawn.

The good things about this mechanic IMAO:

•  We experience downtime after being killed, before resurrection. This raises risk/reward for dying/staying alive and shortens battles.
  • We must actively pilot our toons to a respawn point. This reduces the advantage of multiple accounts.
  • We can choose a respawn point. This reduces the advantage of respawn point camping.
  • Crafters should be able to build appropriate altars and they should be protected. This raises crafters' esteem in the guild further.
Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Yes, Gilgamer, It looks like our toons' spirits must fly to a respawn point (graveyard or altar to patron god) in order to respawn.

The good things about this mechanic IMAO:

•  We experience downtime after being killed, before resurrection. This raises risk/reward for dying/staying alive and shortens battles.
  • We must actively pilot our toons to a respawn point. This reduces the advantage of multiple accounts.
  • We can choose a respawn point. This reduces the advantage of respawn point camping.

Isn't this just kind of similar to WoW?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

The Crow flies around and the next person the Crow is hitting with its puhpuh becomes the body that gets inherited by the Crow's spirit/soul next.

Thats what had happened to me once when I was driving my bicycle.

Full hit on my head.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Soo... its about the death/respawn system?

I think it's about that but in a very extensive and far-reaching manner.  Deities, death, and everything inbetween related to it... it should be explained quite a bit within the next week or so.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I think it's about that but in a very extensive and far-reaching manner.  Deities, death, and everything inbetween related to it... it should be explained quite a bit within the next week or so.

We can only hope and pray to Valkyn the tease ends soon.