Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Ready… aim… SPECULATE! - Official discussion thread

We can only hope and pray to Valkyn the tease ends soon.

Noo, not to Valkyn.

Illara and Maeve!

And teasing can be a lot of fun too!

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

My guess is you pick a god and they give you different boons. Like the one that gives you eternal life, you turn into a spirit bird when you die and can continue to contribute to fighting. Maybe even some gods have requirements and/or negative impacts. Once you pick the god, you can't undo it. Your character is forever in service.

77bd026d-3a5a-4471-9742-bfe9bc9f312f_zps

My guess is you pick a god and they give you different boons. Like the one that gives you eternal life, you turn into a spirit bird when you die and can continue to contribute to fighting. Maybe even some gods have requirements and/or negative impacts. Once you pick the god, you can't undo it. Your character is forever in service.

This idea, and others like it, is really interesting, but you need to balance the potential cool factor here against wider game impacts. We've been discussing some of this elsewhere, but deity selection, particularly if it is permanent, has significant roleplay impact which can get overriden if there is a valuable ingame benifit: if each deity has a distinct and powerful boon, then many players will just pick the deity that best suits there playstyle mechanically and ignore any story elements.

Edited by shamelessPuck

I can see something.

Its a bit vague, but... . I can see the Crow flying across the land, to a place with a giant fountain. This fountains doesnt have water but instead spirit particles, its breathtaking beautiful. And the crows all fly there, to drink. But instead of drinking, the crows are the ones that are getting drank by the fountain. And the fountain is a big magical machine inside, and under it is a whole big mechanism going on, but the fountain is really huge itself already.

And the players are getting spawned then...   mmhmhm I dont know.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/10351-revelation-of-the-big-december-surprise/

Wow, over 5.000 profile visits.

Thank you guys!

The international otter community is still strong and upstanding it seems, very good!

Merry Christmas.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Thx to Urahara's post I think I figured it out it's ascension. Since it's can't be perma death only one thing can be considered losing your character is winning. If we take a look at the hero he is always fighting never knowing peace. To win is allow your crow to know final resting place the only way to lose your character. 

https://obsidian.wiki/images/Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg      

Wise words someone once to told me.Steal from the rich and give to thy self.

This idea, and others elite it, is really interesting, but you need to balance the potential cool factor here against wider game impacts. We've been discussing some of this elsewhere, but deity selection, particularly if it is permanent, has significant roleplay impact which can get overriden if there is a valuable ingame benifit: if each deity has a distinct and powerful boon, then many players will just pick the deity that best suits there playstyle mechanically and ignore any story elements.

Another major consideration is how it works in guilds. With the different CW tiers, how is going to work in guilds? Are guildies not going to be able to group or play cooperatively except ONLY in the shadow? Will guilds be forcex to choose one God? What the hell is that going to do to recruiting?

Plus it is a PANTHEON, with gods representing different motifs, dominions, influences and methods. Even in ancient greek and viking culture, most of the population had talismans and paraphrenalia of multiple gods, for different circumstances, for different reasons. I think with each campaign we should be allowed to pick a god to fight for, but don't make it a permanent decision if it's going to forever limit who people can play with.

Thx to Urahara's post I think I figured it out it's ascension. Since it's can't be perma death only one thing can be considered losing your character is winning. If we take a look at the hero he is always fighting never knowing peace. To win is allow your crow to know final resting place the only way to lose your character. 

Cool concept. You'd have to have some real, meaningful permanent peacock reward to encourage people to want to "win," where winning puts their toon on the shelf forever. It would be cool though. 

I do not think that's what they have in mind, but I'm ok being surprised.

Another major consideration is how it works in guilds. With the different CW tiers, how is going to work in guilds? Are guildies not going to be able to group or play cooperatively except ONLY in the shadow? Will guilds be forcex to choose one God? What the hell is that going to do to recruiting?

Plus it is a PANTHEON, with gods representing different motifs, dominions, influences and methods. Even in ancient greek and viking culture, most of the population had talismans and paraphrenalia of multiple gods, for different circumstances, for different reasons. I think with each campaign we should be allowed to pick a god to fight for, but don't make it a permanent decision if it's going to forever limit who people can play with.

There are currently two rule sets that emphasize Guilds - The Shadows and Dreggs, as well as two that are supposed to be about faction based play.  I am ok with guilds being de-emphasized in the faction rule-sets, to allow people to band together and play in close cooperation with individuals they might not otherwise play with. If you step into a faction rule set as part of a large fairly self-sufficient guild, you don't really have any incentive to work closely with your faction-mates, and if large guilds make up the bulk a faction's population they will determine the success or failure of that faction.

What if a Guild Leader declares his guild for one of the three factions (Order, Balance, Chaos) based on his/her personal deity choice and then sub-guilds can be aligned with the individual god's within that faction's pantheon?  Moving deities would be as easy and changing guilds, but changing factions at the guild's highest level would be very difficult (perhaps even requiring the abolition and re-constitution of the guild).  I am just throwing random ideas out there because I know the reveal is coming any day.

Edited by Gilgamer

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

It is supposed to be revealed this month. Info is usually given on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Thursday is the last day of the month, so that would be my guess. They've made us wait this long, I can't see them showing us mercy at this point lol.

There's no doubt in my mind that warmth has something to do with it, but I'm not sure anyone has guessed yet exactly how.

Yeah I think it will be a pretty robust system and tie together Deity Selection, Respawning, Warmth/Hunger, and Guilds/Subguilds (how they relate to the gods).  One unifying system that hits all the above would definitely be a "Big" reveal.

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

I like the lore section of the pledge to your god, Eternal life as long as you remain there servant. A give and take of life for eternal servitude. It could be a good and a bad things. You may be alive but are you really Free? Sounds like your a caged bird, would be an interesting plot for the Crows to try and spread there wings for that eternal freedom they probably thought they would get with a never ending life.

jztlar.png

The Lantern Watch - Keepers of the light

I can see something.

Its a bit vague, but... . I can see the Crow flying across the land, to a place with a giant fountain. This fountains doesnt have water but instead spirit particles, its breathtaking beautiful. And the crows all fly there, to drink. But instead of drinking, the crows are the ones that are getting drank by the fountain. And the fountain is a big magical machine inside, and under it is a whole big mechanism going on, but the fountain is really huge itself already.

And the players are getting spawned then...   mmhmhm I dont know.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/10351-revelation-of-the-big-december-surprise/

Wow, over 5.000 profile visits.

Thank you guys!

The international otter community is still strong and upstanding it seems, very good!

Merry Christmas.

nice creativity but it seems a bit too steampunky for CF

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

i am gonna wait and see just wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all be safe and i will see y'al soon

^  This.   Happy Early New years Everyone! <3