Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Systems Chat I: Intro to Systems Design - Official discussion thread

I'm always up for important choices and character differentiation.  I like the idea of committing to a character but not punishing re-rolls too much.  Always seems to me like logarithmic (and importantly, continuous) time v. skill curves make sense.  The idea of level "leaps" can be very frustrating.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

This sums up my feelings on all of character customization hinted at.

https://youtu.be/pD_imYhNoQ4?t=40s

Edited by Zybak

Wait a minute! Blair says that Attributes ONLY come from Disciplines and Advantages/Disadvantages. However, this directly contradicts what is already in the Crafting FAQ on Metals/Alloys used in Equipment:

"Metal Alloys are made from combining various types of ores in the crafting process. Each ore combination produces either a Pure Metal or an Alloy. Pure Metals grant Attributes, while Alloys grant Attributes and Statistics."

Which is correct?

Wait a minute! Blair says that Attributes ONLY come from Disciplines and Advantages/Disadvantages. However, this directly contradicts what is already in the Crafting FAQ on Metals/Alloys used in Equipment:

"Metal Alloys are made from combining various types of ores in the crafting process. Each ore combination produces either a Pure Metal or an Alloy. Pure Metals grant Attributes, while Alloys grant Attributes and Statistics."

Which is correct?

Blair did say that Attributes ONLY come from Disciplines and Advantages/Disadvantages! Disciplines (Runestones) are crafted items, so Attributes essentially jumped from armor/leather/cloth crafters to Runemakers.

I would hazard a guess and say Pure Metals will more than likely gain a higher coefficient for the single stat they modify while Alloys will have lower coefficients but have more stats. 

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Warmth Conversion... aka metabolism?

Anything that adds something more than just standing around and slapping each other in the face with sticks is good for the game. Since campaigns last awhile having some surivor-manesque stuff along with strategic conquest is great!

Blair did say that Attributes ONLY come from Disciplines and Advantages/Disadvantages! Disciplines (Runestones) are crafted items, so Attributes essentially jumped from armor/leather/cloth crafters to Runemakers.

I would hazard a guess and say Pure Metals will more than likely gain a higher coefficient for the single stat they modify while Alloys will have lower coefficients but have more stats. 

All runestones are crafted?  Or just some?

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

How interesting of this Blair fellow to say that, I like it, I think.

Member of The BlackHand Order