Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Countdown to Crowfall...will Crowfall be out before 12/25/16?

I dont do hard drugs but god damn CROWCAINE sounds like one helluva (spelling?) drug. 

Im sure its posted somewhere but when do bronze backers get to play?

Good games > hard drugs as far as addictability goes, imo. Scary stuff!

Officer of The BlackHand Order

I'm gonna sound like a bit of a negative Nancy but I'm gonna say noooooo waaaaay. Work on combat started months and months ago and based on what I've seen recently still doesn't even approach looking like something I'd want to play (real talk). If we assume it takes a few more to actually get it to a state that's fun (which, as ace has said before, should be considered essential) then no way are we getting a complete game by next Christmas, barring miracles. Not that this is a bad thing, nor am I complaining. I'd rather wait another 4 years for a good game than another one for something I'd drop in a week.

I'm gonna sound like a bit of a negative Nancy but I'm gonna say noooooo waaaaay. Work on combat started months and months ago and based on what I've seen recently still doesn't even approach looking like something I'd want to play (real talk). If we assume it takes a few more to actually get it to a state that's fun (which, as ace has said before, should be considered essential) then no way are we getting a complete game by next Christmas, barring miracles. Not that this is a bad thing, nor am I complaining. I'd rather wait another 4 years for a good game than another one for something I'd drop in a week.

I agree I think they may have to delay but dont forget there are a few people working on combat, there are 20 other people doing other stuff. I think a bigger possible set back will be with voxels, destruction, resetting servers etc. that we havent really seen in MMO's

MOkvLlm.png

Front page of the site states Open Beta starts end of 2016. My opinion for a realistic release would be mid 2017, but I won't be surprised if it takes much longer. 

That bar graph in the beginning is misleading. Shadowbane was in development for 10+ years. 

Team X Gaming

RoFL/GC/HoE

Yeah, it's hard to say exactly how long a given game has been in development: do we start the count at the KS campaign, or when Todd and Gordon first had an idea that eventually led to Crowfall? That said, however long it's been so far, I'd be pretty happy to see a decently fleshed out beta by the end of 2016. Take as much time as you need ACE, but please make it awesome.

As many other have stated, really I am more concerned with them making sure the game is spot on when released rather than trying to squeeze everything in last minute to stay true to the original deadline. It would be nice to have it out in 2016, but by the end of the year I would rather be thinking "this is worth the wait" than "why are there so many bugs?".

Edited by Spark

2wcgwap.jpg

Community Manager for Flux Gaming Community

One question that looms is what constitutes testing a CW?  As in, do we test "compressed' versions?  Or will there be one that sort of runs for a while and others running within that, time wise?  How many do we test?

I think the game generally will be a methodical implementation within a couple "beta" CWs.  I could see beta 1 being a long running CW, beta 2 being another medium length, and beta 3 being a set of shorts - where new invitees populate the CWs.

• 1 year later...
  • Pann locked this topic