Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glowyrm

Slow, uncoordinated old man concerned about the combat!

I'm...not trying to make any kind of deep, philosophical argument here, coolwaters.  I am a potential player with a real concern who paid money to be able have a discussion of my options on the official forum.  You come into my thread having nothing to say about my questions, saying I'm full of poorly made socks.  Good lord man, how cynical are you?  And who, exactly, is the troll between the two of us?  What do you think my ulterior motive is?

I hear ya. I just don't believe you. Not a bit of it. What kind of dip makes his first post ever on a game's official forums about something like this?

Nobody, that's who cowboys. You're an alt account for one of the 12 year olds in the "gimme twitch bra"  school of argument here on the forums.

It's funny to see folks fall for amateur hour though, so by all means, carry on.

- Cool

Anyway, back to where I was before my thread was hijacked yet again:

I haven't played any of the MOBAs, so I'm not familiar with how they handle support roles.

As far as the combo system goes, it there much known about that?  Are combos based on a set rotation, or are they queued by random procs, or are they reactive?

OK, thanks again. I haven't played any of the MOBAs, so I'm not familiar with how they handle support.

As far as the combo system goes, is there much known about that? Are combos based on a set rotation, or are they queued by random procs, or reactive somehow?

There are a great deal of feature descriptions in the announcements. They've outlined the gameplay for the first 4 archetypes, and there is test footage of the gameplay experiments already on YouTube.

Players are glad to answer your questions, but you will have their bias descriptions and motivations woven into it. You'll know for yourself if you review source material. Just remember they are experimenting, and weigh the features as work in progress.

Edited by bahamutkaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

They've outlined the gameplay for the first 4 archetypes, and there is test footage of the gameplay experiments already on YouTube.

Just take everything you see and hear about combat with a grain of salt. This was a first attempt and they're taking a few ideas back to the drawing board. So you might also want to see the new & announcement section to watch their latest state of the game video also if you haven't already.

OK, thanks blackspar.  I'll check out the State of the Game video, too.  I watched some of the most recent, pre-recorded test videos on twitch.tv and man, this game seems to really be coming along, considering how new it is.  I guess I may be asking these questions too soon, though, considering the early state of development and how much things may change.

Sometimes old men have to get good to. 

Get good or get got gramps. 

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I don't know what I'm worried about.  It's a game!  If I try it and die horrible deaths, I have nothing to lose but a little pride!  :)

Except for the small contingent of poorly made socks lords we have around these parts that will video all your deaths at their hands and then post said video on these forums and then berate and insult you with witty gifs and other bull poorly made socks until you ride in with an 18 wheeler full of salt in your defense. But hey welcome to the wonderful world of PvP circa 2015.  Make sure to wear a padded helmet.

Edited by Kason

Well hell, if all else fails, I can be a dedicated crafter.  That's one thing that's drawing me to this game and Camelot Unchained:  the attention being given to crafters to make sure they're a valuable resource to the PvPers.

But hey welcome to the wonderful world of PvP circa 2015.  Make sure to wear a padded helmet.

Let's be honest here when it comes to PvPf wars

untitled.png

If it's Pvp related

Because my troll radar radar is going ding ding ding m***********.

No, in my learned opinion you are trying to make and oblique point by pretending to support an idea that you actually despise. The problem from my perspective is that you've used an absurdity as the foundation for the argument you truly oppose. You have implied that the basis for your support for the idea that you did not in fact support is a shortcoming of your own. Multiple shortcomings of your own actually. It also was relevant to my opinion is that this was your very first post on this brand new account.

If my assumption that you are indeed nothing more than a clever troll happens to land on soft ground, then I apologize profusely for my terrible lack of couth.

That doesn't change the fact that I find the necessary implication of your thread to be nonsensical to the point of absurdity. The premise that old slow and uncoordinated players are the primary or even a significant motivation behind a more tactical combat system requiring exposure to greater risk in order to get off that powerful chain or combo just isn't true. I'm still fairly good at shooters and I see the merit in such a system, depending on how it's balanced.

I guess the best way to sum it up its just to tell you that I don't believe you. I frankly think you're full of s***.

Somebody get this hothead outta here.

Don't worry old man, we'll fix up a rascal for you to hop in and you can keep up that way.

aka honeybear

I just had another thought:  Is there going to be a scouting role in Crowfall mass PvP?  A fast-moving class that will go out and report back concerning enemy movements, without necessarily engaging the enemy all the time?

I just had another thought:  Is there going to be a scouting role in Crowfall mass PvP?  A fast-moving class that will go out and report back concerning enemy movements, without necessarily engaging the enemy all the time?

Yes, and Scouts will be very important. Which archetypes will fit this role best is up for speculation. I think it might be even a Discipline.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!