Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Slow, uncoordinated old man concerned about the combat!

Glowyrm

I just had another thought:  Is there going to be a scouting role in Crowfall mass PvP?  A fast-moving class that will go out and report back concerning enemy movements, without necessarily engaging the enemy all the time?

As far as fast moving idk but there will be stealth on archetypes like the Ranger and Assassin as well as other archetypes that can pick up stealth through disciplines is what Blair has led us to believe. How those mechanics will work though is still unknown, but should be unveiled soon with the Ranger whenever that is. 

Oh man, that might be an option for me.  Stealth into enemy territory and report back on troop movements.

Will there be keeps or other structures to attack and defend?  I loved that part of DAoC RvR.

OK, that's one troll comment too many.  On Christmas.  Maybe this is what you get from a game that is PvP-centric, a bunch of bullies who want to make someone feel bad.  To those who had legitimate responses, thank you.  To the others, I want nothing to do with a game filled by the likes of you.  Goodbye.

Edited by Glowyrm

OK, that's one troll comment too many.  On Christmas.  Maybe this is what you get from a game that is PvP-centric, a bunch of bullies who want to make someone feel bad.  To those who had legitimate responses, thank you.  To the others, I want nothing to do with a game filled by the likes of you.  Goodbye.

A troll comment saying there's too many troll comments.  Well played.

Because my troll radar radar is going ding ding ding m***********.

No, in my learned opinion you are trying to make and oblique point by pretending to support an idea that you actually despise. The problem from my perspective is that you've used an absurdity as the foundation for the argument you truly oppose. You have implied that the basis for your support for the idea that you did not in fact support is a shortcoming of your own. Multiple shortcomings of your own actually. It also was relevant to my opinion is that this was your very first post on this brand new account.

If my assumption that you are indeed nothing more than a clever troll happens to land on soft ground, then I apologize profusely for my terrible lack of couth.

That doesn't change the fact that I find the necessary implication of your thread to be nonsensical to the point of absurdity. The premise that old slow and uncoordinated players are the primary or even a significant motivation behind a more tactical combat system requiring exposure to greater risk in order to get off that powerful chain or combo just isn't true. I'm still fairly good at shooters and I see the merit in such a system, depending on how it's balanced.

I guess the best way to sum it up its just to tell you that I don't believe you. I frankly think you're full of s***.

I can definitely relate to the OP considering I was in my 30's and very "good" in UO... but now in my 50's I can see and feel a definite slowdown and lack of hand-eye coordination compared to back then.

I hope this poster above gets carpal tunnel and arthritis as he grows older, as well as loses site in one and and has fleas. You're in for a rude awakening once you grow up.

Z

Edited by Znick

You Don't Stop Playing Games when You Get Old...

You Get Old When You Stop Playing Games!

I can definitely relate to the OP considering I was in my 30's and very "good" in UO... but now in my 50's I can see and feel a definite slowdown and lack of hand-eye coordination compared to back then.

I hope this poster above gets carpal tunnel and arthritis as he grows older, as well as loses site in one and and has fleas. You're in for a rude awakening once you grow up.

Z

Ya, gonna have to disappoint you there.

And you're a fool if you actually believe the OP is more than a troll. But hey, there's good news and bad news here. As you've all but admitted you're borderline demented at this point, just go home and forget about it. 

edit: lol the alt account with 4 posts is defending the alt account with 1 post. Love it fella(s) or gal(s). Who am I kiddin? Chicks never act this wonderful. GG guy!

Edited by coolwaters

I tend to carve out a way to "help" in most games. I lack the time to get decent and the skill to get good so I try to contribute in other ways. Does CF have a way for me to do that? I dunno yet but I hope the path is through the caravan system.

I role play a wordsmith.

Because my troll radar radar is going ding ding ding m***********.

No, in my learned opinion you are trying to make and oblique point by pretending to support an idea that you actually despise. The problem from my perspective is that you've used an absurdity as the foundation for the argument you truly oppose. You have implied that the basis for your support for the idea that you did not in fact support is a shortcoming of your own. Multiple shortcomings of your own actually. It also was relevant to my opinion is that this was your very first post on this brand new account.

If my assumption that you are indeed nothing more than a clever troll happens to land on soft ground, then I apologize profusely for my terrible lack of couth.

That doesn't change the fact that I find the necessary implication of your thread to be nonsensical to the point of absurdity. The premise that old slow and uncoordinated players are the primary or even a significant motivation behind a more tactical combat system requiring exposure to greater risk in order to get off that powerful chain or combo just isn't true. I'm still fairly good at shooters and I see the merit in such a system, depending on how it's balanced.

I guess the best way to sum it up its just to tell you that I don't believe you. I frankly think you're full of s***.

There is an old saying that "There is no such thing as a stupid question". It carries the corollary that there are certainly stupid replies to any question. The OP was simply asking if older and less skillfull PVP players (like myself) will have more to do in Crowfall. That was all he was asking. Many of those who replied gave useful and courteous replies. Your opinion about the game system as it is known so far, is certainly allowed and, perhaps, necessary. Insulting the person by extrapolating his intentions and lowering the intellectual level of your reply to the 'toilet' level degrades your premise.

BTW OP: I am 70 years old, ex USN vet and spent several years as a game designer for TSR and Pacesetter games. We have not, as yet, heard a whole lot about the structure of crafting or activities in the EK or Campaign worlds, other than PVP combat. They have said they are concentrating on this first which is normal.. My advice is the same as I will follow myself, wait a while longer and see how this new 'Reveal' works out for us old fogies.

Not only does the game intend to have dedicated crafters and scouts, but it also looks like there will be a significant amount of work in managing a successful EK. I don't think it's that unlikely that we'll find people who play solely as governor of their kingdom, and are important to trade because crafters will need a place to set up shop. It might be difficult to set up a powerful EK, but it could be a good track to follow if you don't want to PVP, or don't think you can handle it.

As a side note, even if this is an alt account, what's the harm in answering the question? The worst that could happen is we give useful advice that the OP doesn't ever read. I'd say the reward of potentially helping out someone who is interested in the game, as well as anyone else who reads the thread, is well worth that risk.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png