Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

MMORPG.com: The ArtCraft School of Integrity - Official discussion thread

ACE, you have completely turned MMORPG.com around! (me too!) 

The 1st articles I read there about CF were simply dismissive, now their reviewers are not only eagerly anticipating the game, Red Thomas said he's backed CF with some of his own money!

Hype confirmed to be real!

Merry Christmas! Then get back to work making Crowfall!

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Well done once again Team ACE! I agree, stick to your vision and all will be grand! I got into a few tests at the end of 1.1 and cannot wait to see all the hard work you will accomplish through numerous iterations of testing. It was so great to see the amount of work you had done in such a short time from the start of Hunger Dome through 1.1 and how fast you were able to make the changes you felt were needed. I am amazed at your openness in development and vision, and cannot thank you enough for proving that my Kickstarter (first time) gamble has paid off! I agree with “blazzen” and second that you should stick to your vision, for that’s why I backed you: I believe in the grand idea which all of you at ACE have brought together.

I, as well as so many in the Crowfall community, fully stand behind your ideas to hold off on 2.0, keep smoothing out the foundation of what you are building, and make the game play how YOU want. I believe in the vision you are bringing to reality Mr. Coleman and Mr. Walton. I believe in the game you want to play, and I want in on it too, so please take your time to “craft your entertaining art” because that is what this vision is, a work of art! As you stated before, don't try to build a rocket, just a really bad-ass motorcycle! (Thanks for the laugh, that was hilarious to see how you responded to my post as Sir Hendel with the "Elkin stalker on a bike" comment!)

We (most of us) WILL be patient, and we know that the time you take now to get things lined up and working right will allow things in the future to be implemented smoother and with less complications. So please, take all the time you feel is needed, the building blocks are being set for epic battles to be had! I hope to see you all on the battlefield soon!

The fact that you have opened up in such personal ways Team ACE, I really feel as if you are true friends and family, and though I don't know you, I believe in you: I feel the passion you have for the craft that you love.Take a well deserved break from work and enjoy time with friends and family, I'll toast to you Team ACE! Have a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!

“We don’t spend money on anything other than people.” . . . As Gordon pointed out, the most important investment in making games, is the people that make it great. . . .

Awesome.  Best use of money is talented people.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

The Ace content was good as always.

But when is MMORPG.com going to describe what Crowfall actually is? Maybe they just don't understand it and haven't figured out to do research (aka their job!) and just enjoy the sound of their own voice.

They went from dismissing a game they don't understand to prasing a game they still don't understand...progress?

At least I appreciate the integrity ACE displays. I may not get the thoroughly satisfying game I'd hoped for, but at least I can expect an honest production.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Oh baby Jesus Red is a(n) EK nut. GOD help us to fight back the carebears! Also I'm almost positive his not being able to get in a game experience sparked that match ticket idea. Thank god they dropped that I die way to often! 

All in all it's good to see press about the game and the team!

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

A few things that caught my eye: You won't work on other system until all archetypes are out? I thought you were already long processed with siege systems, pretty much ready to release to client, seems a bit contradictory or I'm just misunderstanding.

Also could you expand on some of the archetypes being mixes of other archetypes, how literal am I supposed to interpret that?

Member of The BlackHand Order

A few things that caught my eye: You won't work on other system until all archetypes are out? I thought you were already long processed with siege systems, pretty much ready to release to client, seems a bit contradictory or I'm just misunderstanding.

Also could you expand on some of the archetypes being mixes of other archetypes, how literal am I supposed to interpret that?

Those are the two items that caught my eye.

Obviously not a lot of detail there, but will we be seeing archetypes added every couple weeks or monthly? Aiming for a end of 2016 release doesn't give a lot of time.

Archetypes being hybrids makes sense thematically, but mechanics wise, if it is just copy/paste replacing fireballs with arrows or shield block with magic sphere block, might be too simple. I was under the assumption that each archetype would stand on its own even with the similarities, but that's probably just what I hoped for. Currently the archetypes/abilities are pretty shallow, mixing them together to form new ones won't help.

I think the author misunderstood some things here and made it a lot more confusing than necessary. They already working on other systems than combat/archetypes, so we know this isn't correct. There are a lot of systems in a game like this though, so maybe they were talking about customization, genders or some other minor system.

I think the mixing of the archetypes is just what Blair has said before, re-using certain combat mechanics for the later archetypes. That is why we'll be seeing the others faster, they don't have to build the mechanics from the ground up anymore. They are just reusing pieces of the puzzle to make a new puzzle. I'm sure the archetypes will feel totally different and unique, otherwise this would go against the design of having so many unique archetypes in the first place.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Those are the two items that caught my eye.

Obviously not a lot of detail there, but will we be seeing archetypes added every couple weeks or monthly? Aiming for a end of 2016 release doesn't give a lot of time.

Archetypes being hybrids makes sense thematically, but mechanics wise, if it is just copy/paste replacing fireballs with arrows or shield block with magic sphere block, might be too simple. (...)

Well what you need is the working core mechanic (physics, animations, damage calculation, etc.). If you have the pure mechanics aka Fireballs being larger but slower projectiles, Arrows being smaller but faster projectiles, things like evade, block, cc (stuns, slows, bleeds, roots, etc.) stealth and detect, pushes, pulls and leaps, aoe (cone, line, circle, area, moving area, etc.) and basic attacks you can basically build any archetype you want. 

I'd say Archetypes being hybrids mechanics wise makes more sense than thematically - in my view.

(...) I was under the assumption that each archetype would stand on its own even with the similarities, but that's probably just what I hoped for. Currently the archetypes/abilities are pretty shallow, mixing them together to form new ones won't help.

Well it's not like ArcheAge where you just mix different skills/skillsets into a new class and there you have it. I think every archetype will feature a certain skill set which will also be different  in terms of physics and not just mechanics wise. 

t I think - I'm not really sure if I got that right - but the Berseker's leap was discussed as reverse chain-pull from the knight which would give some sort of preview of what's possible. Also the Legionnaire's push could be inverted to make it a pull ability. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor