Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dondagora

Zombies!

Didn't feel like this was good for the Suggestions Forum since the Devs already have this idea on mind, but I wanted to create a discussion anyway.

Thoughts on Vessels becoming zombies if left unchecked in the wilds of a campaign? Such as a timer depending on their quality, where better quality Vessels take longer to become zombified or corrupted by the Hunger than lesser quality.

Of course, there are a few problems with this that would have to be addressed, such as if there's a minimum grade of quality for Vessels to become Zombies, else we could have infinite zombie spawning from the graveyard PoI. Of course, this is also a non-issue once graveyard spawning becomes controlled, meaning the rate at which the graveyard produces Vessels or the amount of Vessels a graveyard has is limited. But then graverobber trolls would not only be stealing resources, but also adding to the threat level. To this, I point to the beginning of this section in the belief that a minimum quality level would prevent too many zombies from rising up due to graverobbers. 

Any additional thoughts to the zombie mechanic?

The idea would work thematically. Knowing the Shadowbane roots I'd be surprised if zombies were not a planned mob category with some sort of transitional forms. On the function of various mobs in the wilds I really really wish this game would have what another upcoming game has planned where different mob types can have their own territory expand or diminish dependent on player activity. 

Edited by nomadmerc

I'm actually rather interested in this Idea, perhaps dying to Hunger effects increase the chance of your vessel becoming a Zombie, or increase its strengths. Would be interesting to see a long fight at a POI end only to have the recently dead start to rise and devour the victors.

The main questions I have on this would be if Zombified vessels keep relative power to their unzombified form.. like would a Crit spec'd assassin be just as big of a threat alive and undead or would they pull states from a zombie conversion table.

Landmimes, the silent killer.

Since stats come from the vessel, and skills come from the crow, that makes sense, but the Half-giant Champion might be a bigger threat.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)