Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Ranger going to be a pet class?

Jerek

Just wondering if they will I really hope they do not tbh.  I still play GW2 from time to time and the AI for the pets are terrible.

We don't know much about the Rangers yet, but to my knowledge taming and gaining pets/mounts is a completely separate general skill not powers of the archetypes. Some may do it better than others, but I don't think we will have an entire archetype around it (though I may be wrong). I saw the rangers more as stealth or anti-stealth and scouts. I think some of the concepts with the Rangers and the wolf is just that portrayal of the character had the ability to tame animals, which does kind of fit this archetype. (Also this isn't GW2 so comparing that AI to what this one will be seems to be a non sequitur... this one may be the greatest ever, we just don't know yet)

nz8Y2JJ.jpg

So far, it appears all archetypes can have some form of pet. Everyone from the KS get a pack pig to haul mats back to keeps/bases/embargo but we don't have all the info just yet.

As for rangers, it seems they will be just ranged damage to me. And disciplines can be tacked on to make it have stealth/antistealth/ect.

From the last update, utility seems to come from the disciplines you have crafted/find in campaign. Stealth Knights was mention by Blair and stealth centaurs have been in a few topics related to the big reveal.

Would be interesting to be making cash in campaign as a tamer!

Oh and if the pet AI is anything like it is now, don't tame anything that jumps... or it will die. ;)

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Since all archetypes seem to be able to tame pets, I doubt we will have to worry about balance issues regarding not using one. This is what I think you are getting at.

If they keep some of the example disciples like Falconry, Rangers might have higher maxes in their related skills. But if their promotion classes go Ranged focus, melee focus, traps/pet focus that wouldn't be too terrible either.

Landmimes, the silent killer.

Every archetype with access to the right skills/disciplines can have pets. That said, the Ranger's skill set (finite ammo ranged attacks, stealth, and traps especially) seem particularly well suited to a pet user.

• 1 month later...