Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Win10 and Edge

Hello all,

Has anyone else had any issues with site functionality in Edge? I've noticed on multiple computers of mine, that the cursor likes to jump around, at times my typing will come out backwards, the formatting buttons are, at times, unresponsive and even ctrl+c/ctrl+v don't always work.

I haven't had this issue on other sites, just CF. I haven't tried to install Firefox yet to see how it behaves to rule that out. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

There's few sites Edge optimized.

I hope to see crowfall across browsers optimized.

Or that web dev wizards can correct me if i am wrong.

------------------------------------------

in another word use chrome or firefox as default browser.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

We'd like to support all browsers, but we have limited resources. At the moment, we are focused on getting everything onto the new site, using standard HTML5. Browsers that properly support HTML5 shouldn't have any serious problems. We primarily test on Chrome and Firefox, so those are your best bets.

Ed Zavada, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Edge is the default browser on Win10, with 200 million+ and more upgrading every day. You might want to rethink your testing.

Edge's the default browser on Win10 come with installation, but everyone can change 'default browser' from Edge to chrome, firefox or other browsers if they would like to.

It's like when they did introduce IE with their operating system as default browser, it's an optional if you want to use edge as your default browser or not.

mostly edge's going be supported once there's enough resources for sure.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

And, as I'm sure you know, IE is still the dominant browers worldwide.

Test on what people are using, not what is "best" or a personal choice.

I'm sure they have stats, I'm sure they can see which browsers are coming to the site. I'm sure the most popular browsers coming to this site right now are FF and chrome. That does not mean it will stay that way.

Win10 is what we will all be using when this game comes out. Edge is it's default browser and the majority of the world doesn't install a second browser. It would only be prudent to test on it.

Edited by bairloch

reviews != usage numbers

chrome has to use Android #s to beat IE. if we're using mobile then safari beats all.

Reality is, the browsers packed with windows are the most used across the world. Not the "best". Not the highest rated. But the most used. It would be less than prudent not to at least make sure you website works on the one that comes packaged with the fastest growing operating system on the planet.

It's not matter of anyone's personal agenda or misguided ideas of Edge being "worse" and Chrome/Firefox being "better". It's just a matter of how we spend very limited web resources. 

Can you give us more details on what you were seeing? What pages do these problems occur on? Is it only with Edge or does it happen on your machine with other browsers too? 

Ed Zavada, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Edge is the default browser on Win10, with 200 million+ and more upgrading every day. You might want to rethink your testing.

That's based on software bundling not consumer usage.

And, as I'm sure you know, IE is still the dominant browers worldwide.

I'm sure they have stats, I'm sure they can see which browsers are coming to the site. I'm sure the most popular browsers coming to this site right now are FF and chrome. That does not mean it will stay that way.

Win10 is what we will all be using when this game comes out. Edge is it's default browser and the majority of the world doesn't install a second browser. It would only be prudent to test on it.

It'd be better if you try not to speak for "the rest of the world" to their preferred choice.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

In the end it doesnt matter because they (Ace) can look at how many people are using which browser and on which devices to adjust accordingly. So if 60% of the people jumped to Edge then using their limited resources to optimized the Edge experience would make sense. However, if they only have a certain budget and Edge users make up a very small percentage it wouldn't make finical sense to put resources into it at this time.

Edited by Keaggan