Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Playtest schedule

When i try to look at the playtest schedule on my mobile phone i can only see the left side of the "schedule" which is sunday and monday.

If i tilt the screen i can se almost to thursday. But for some reason i can't scroll the screen further to the right.

You might want to fix it since it's easiest to check the schedule on your phone to see when you have to be set at the computer.

Happy anniversery!

The winter is coming... The hunger is coming...

Thanks. I spent some time trying to get this to work better on mobile devices, without much success. It's an embedded Google thing, so I have limited control over how it behaves. Until inspiration strikes, someone points out an example where it works better, or I get more free time to look at it, I'd say Canth's suggestion to add it to your personal calendar is a good one.

Ed Zavada, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I spent some time trying to get this to work better on mobile devices, without much success. It's an embedded Google thing, so I have limited control over how it behaves. Until inspiration strikes, someone points out an example where it works better, or I get more free time to look at it, I'd say Canth's suggestion to add it to your personal calendar is a good one.

There are numerous examples of how to leverage the Google API to load calendar data into a calendar widget. You could probably find a usable Angular controller and directive for this, so you don't have to write the code yourself.

See this thread for another example of why you should just write the minimal code instead of blaming Google:

Playtest Schedule Calendar Widget Doesn't Load in Firefox

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

• 3 months later...

sorry for the thread necromancy.

however I was recently looking at adding the playtest calendar to my tester resorce google site and I may have some suggestions and solutions for crowfall.com's calendar to get it vaguely usable on mobile

firstly:

your calendar embed has a fixed pixel width of 1000 on id="playtest-calendar", mobiles don't like this with your responsive site as you can't 'zoom out'.

the calendar embed you use should give you the option instead to set the width to be 100%

(if the same as my interface then just by leaving the width blank in google url tool or just manually change the iframe width to 100%)

now this won't be perfect on a slim mobile but it is a usable improvement.

my stronger second suggestion is to enable the 'agenda' view in addition to your current month only view.

this should be an option on the embed tool [or again you can just tweak the iframe code directly from showTabs=0 to showTabs=1]

please see emulated results of a iphone 6 via chrome dev tools below

uuzMCqR.png

sVUv0sx.png