Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greetings!

Hey all, 

I'm Tully, and I'm delighted to see such a wonderful community being built around our game. It's a joy to spend time communicating with you all!

Raised in a tiny village in Hampshire, UK. I was told by many that video-games were a waste of time and that nothing would ever come from the "hobby". Fast forward - and I've been working full-time in the industry for 8 years, starting when I was just a wee lad at 19 on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Later, I joined up with BioWare on Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Star Wars the Old Republic.

My career required me to live in a lot of different countries and as a result I came to really appreciate different cultures. Being in the U.S is still a shock to me...WHY ARE THE FOOD PORTIONS SO LARGE?

Earlier this year my wife and I became married at Disney World in which will most likely be the best day of my life. I guess it's time to settle down and plant roots.

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Great to learn more about you! Yes, our food portions are HUGE here in the states. 

Looks like you've worked on some outstanding projects. It's awesome to see folks with your experience and talent working on Crowfall. 

Oh, and congrats on the recent marriage. This year will be our 19th wedding anniversary and I credit our longevity to me learning three very important words ... "I was wrong." :P

Edited by arawulf

Hey all, 

I'm Tully, and I'm delighted to see such a wonderful community being built around our game. It's a joy to spend time communicating with you all!

Raised in a tiny village in Hampshire, UK. I was told by many that video-games were a waste of time and that nothing would ever come from the "hobby". Fast forward - and I've been working full-time in the industry for 8 years, starting when I was just a wee lad at 19 on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Later, I joined up with BioWare on Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Star Wars the Old Republic.

My career required me to live in a lot of different countries and as a result I came to really appreciate different cultures. Being in the U.S is still a shock to me...WHY ARE THE FOOD PORTIONS SO LARGE?

Earlier this year my wife and I became married at Disney World in which will most likely be the best day of my life. I guess it's time to settle down and plant roots.

Meals and the game of eating in the SE especially is not a mini game.......it is a FULL BLOWN EVENT!   Welcome to the US.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I think the gyms and the restaurants have a thing going... but order one item and share it.. they may charge for a second plate so just get cozy and eat off one plate then watch the bill so you dont pay for two plates.... yeah America the fattest country sigh

~Vada~

my previous signature did not contain nudity... words covered the good bits but alas it is gone....

signx50_zps5b5a8244.jpg

Hey Tully!

Great to get some of your background. It must be exciting for you to be here working on CF. You guys certainly have the ears pricked of every online gamer.

Yes I've heard that meal portions in the states are uber. Ha! My friend skyped me earlier to show me the menu of the restaurant she dines in occasionally call the Outback. Of course it features my Australian cuisine.

Have you ever been to the land downunder Tully?

288mqgz.png

HeMy career required me to live in a lot of different countries and as a result I came to really appreciate different cultures. Being in the U.S is still a shock to me...WHY ARE THE FOOD PORTIONS SO LARGE?

Hey, go to an "All you can eat" buffet and check out the crowd eating from the "Public Trough". It's called gluttony my dear sir! Though... you do now live in Austin, and as they say.."Everything is bigger in Texas". That also may or may not correlate to waist line sizes...

A Brit complaining about food. Can I name my son, if I ever have one, Tully?

But yeah, big portions combined with low prices and buffet can result in a culture shock, where you're asking wether this a restaurant or pig trough. Sizzler's, I'm looking at you!

Hey Tully!

Great to get some of your background. It must be exciting for you to be here working on CF. You guys certainly have the ears pricked of every online gamer.

Yes I've heard that meal portions in the states are uber. Ha! My friend skyped me earlier to show me the menu of the restaurant she dines in occasionally call the Outback. Of course it features my Australian cuisine.

Have you ever been to the land downunder Tully?

I have never been to Austrailia! I would really like to, I've heard good things from an australian friend aside from all the creatures that can kill you. Speaking of which... Last night he told me about "drop bears". Which may be the best fictional animal I've ever heard of. 

Tully Ackland

[Rules of Conduct]

A Brit complaining about food. Can I name my son, if I ever have one, Tully?

But yeah, big portions combined with low prices and buffet can result in a culture shock, where you're asking wether this a restaurant or pig trough. Sizzler's, I'm looking at you!

You're so right. Also, name them Tully! It comes with the advantage / disadvantage of people rarely forgetting your name growing up. 

Tully Ackland

[Rules of Conduct]

I have never been to Austrailia! I would really like to, I've heard good things from an australian friend aside from all the creatures that can kill you. Speaking of which... Last night he told me about "drop bears". Which may be the best fictional animal I've ever heard of. 

Good old Aussie culture ... scare the bejeezus out of the tourists. Good fun watching the tourists looking up into the trees for drop bears while keeping an eye on the grass for deadly spiders and snakes. It makes us Aussie's look so brave. :P

288mqgz.png

Well, Tully.

Outside of working on said games are there any you play in your (if there's any) down time?

Right now I'm pretty hooked on Heroes of the Storm. At the same time I have an active sub to 3 or 4 mmos which only final fantasy 14 really gets any time from me.

I just dropped the cash on a flight stick so I imagine I'll be playing a lot of Elite: Dangerous in the next couple of weeks.

Tully Ackland

[Rules of Conduct]

Keep up the good work, man. It's great seeing the Devs actively talking with the community, gives them peoples who depend on the internets something to do while they wait. :P (Not one of those people..) 

Right now I'm pretty hooked on Heroes of the Storm. At the same time I have an active sub to 3 or 4 mmos which only final fantasy 14 really gets any time from me.

I just dropped the cash on a flight stick so I imagine I'll be playing a lot of Elite: Dangerous in the next couple of weeks.

Elite: Dangerous looks really good, so I'll probably give it a try too. But I just bought GW2 since it's on sale this weekend, so I'm gonna be playing that for now.  ^_^

Edited by pragmaticjoker

Last Call (A community guild for friendly peoples waiting out for CrowFall :P): http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/888-last-call-a-community-for-friendly-people/

Nice. I bought a rig to play Star Citizen. Looks fun.

Play any Turn based RPGS (Baldur's Gate:EE specifically)?

• 2 weeks later...