Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Archetype Focus: The Ranger - Official discussion thread

Not a fan of ammo and certainly not of being forced into a play-style because ran out of ammo. However if being able to craft arrows ourselves is simple enough then probably won't be an issue.

Not a deal breaker but just seems like its an extra tax on the class that others wont have.

if being able to craft arrows ourselves is simple enough then probably won't be an issue.

You will.  and we'll also have a Discipline to specialize in it.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

I don't think the ammo system is a big deal and I could have seen ace going either way on it ammo or no ammo.  I do wonder what else they have in store though... will they perhaps have magic using classes that require reagents to cast their spells?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Will there be different types as well? Like basic arrows are cheap and easy to make and then better arrows that take more expensive/rare mats to make?

I wouldn't like something that boring but rather flaming arrows or against the armor types.

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Maybe we'll see/have different types of arrow tips?

• Steel - Able to penetrate Plate armor
  • Stone - Able to penetrate Leather armor
  • Wood - Able to penetrate Cloth armor
  • Cloth - Flaming arrow
  • Arrows with poison (multiple types)
Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Knowing that the game is closer to an old-school MMO, spell consumables are pretty much a given. Seeing the ranger image, this has to be your most elaborate armor design up to date. Keep up the good work!

This begs the question: why two fighting styles?

The answer is simple: the Ranger is our first archetype to use a weapon that requires ammunition.

Yes, that means you’ll need arrows to use your bow. As a fallback, when you’re out of ammo, you’ll need to draw your blades and get up close and personal.

thank you so much!!

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I was confused as to why the red hair was so bright (or why red was chosen to begin with, when the concept art showed brown). Then I realized she would be impossible to see in the hunger dome without the contrasting color. Aside from that: Very interesting choice for the two fighting styles. Other archetypes will likely also benefit from this new tech!

As far is duel-wielding goes: Do you plan to make a character require two unique swords as inventory slots? Or will the swords duplicate based on fighting type?

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

I am really happy with the consumable arrows! I know people gripe about it a lot but it really does allow a lot more versatility in the types of arrows you can use without having to consume skill slots in order to add arrow effects. Can't wait to play this archetype, since it is more of my play style.

• Arrows with poison (multiple types)

This made me wonder if in terms of alchemy, there will be these kind of options.

As a question from me, will we have the option of picking up arrows? This archetype is challenging quite a lot of fields that we haven't tested. It makes me super stoked to see its powers. Thanks ACE!

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post