Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Staff and Book Wielding Confessor?

sluce

IntotheBreach_watermarked.jpg

When I was browsing around on the art I came across this image. This is the one that is on the front of the crowfall home page. However, as I was looking at it I noticed something strange in the right hand corner there is a confessor wielding a staff and a book. So does this mean that they will be able to duel wield? Or do you guys thinking that it is just there for the sake of art?

The original concept of the confessor showed the guy wielding a brand and a book, so I am kinda hoping they will be able to do the same thing with staff or some similar weapons.

Edited by sluce

I actually noticed this too, but for some reason it just didn't click in my brain. I certainly think it would be good for there to be a promotion class that can use staves, but I hope it isn't something for the entire archetype. After playing a lot of different casters, and even some healers, I'm getting awfully tired of carrying around a big stick. I like the book and empty hand, but anything other than a staff would be good too, particularly a sword, or the brand that the male Confessor has in the concept art. If they're actually looking for tons of build customization, as well as crafting depth, like they say, I don't think a few different weapons for each Archetype is unlikely, and with how they're handling armour, perhaps everyone will be able to dual wield; it'll just be an issue of practicality

(Sorry if I wasn't particularly eloquent; it is almost 4 in the morning :P).

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

I think it is definitely within the realm of possibility. I like the book casting, but a staff may be another style of weapon. I'm sure there will be some variance in why you might use one or the other or it may be a specific promotion class. Or it may have just been concept art and we may not see it (at least in the beginning).

nz8Y2JJ.jpg