Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Infynis

(OOC) What are your thoughts on the vessel system?

I think it would be likely that a cult of sorts would emerge which favored use of their original Vessel, restricting themselves to it and perhaps even trying to influence or force others to do the same. At the very least, I imagine a term would come to be used to describe people who stick to their first Vessel...has a term been suggested or established yet? Any ideas?

I think it would be likely that a cult of sorts would emerge which favored use of their original Vessel, restricting themselves to it and perhaps even trying to influence or force others to do the same. At the very least, I imagine a term would come to be used to describe people who stick to their first Vessel...has a term been suggested or established yet? Any ideas?

Not so much a term for sticking to their first vessels, or "avatar" as they're called when they're equipped. I think the term I've seen for people who stick to one race or Archetype is "purist". So if you start off as a human and play only human archetypes, you're a human purist. If you start as a Knight and remain a Knight forever, you're a Knight purist. That type of thing. I haven't seen a term for people who try to keep one vessel permanently, and honestly I can't think of a good one. Considering the fact that they're looking into letting us hack up other vessels and use them to fix up vessels or make them generally better, I suppose it would be a term to describe someone so opposed to changing their character that they're willing to destroy other vessels, even ones better than their current one, to keep their original maintained.

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

Character attachment to me always represented attachment to my build in Shadowbane more than anything. Partly that was because (during the time I am referring to) there was no respeccing. Your character took weeks to months to build back then and If you made a mistake you lived with it or you started over. Put an extra point of Strength in? Take it or reroll. Same for skills. Same for disciplines. same for everything, really.

Sounds harsh, but I loved it. It really attached you to your build.

For these reasons primarily I'm less of a fan of the vessel system and the material way "builds" are treated in CF. But, keeping an open mind as I've never tried it.

Character attachment to me always represented attachment to my build in Shadowbane more than anything. Partly that was because (during the time I am referring to) there was no respeccing. Your character took weeks to months to build back then and If you made a mistake you lived with it or you started over. Put an extra point of Strength in? Take it or reroll. Same for skills. Same for disciplines. same for everything, really.

Sounds harsh, but I loved it. It really attached you to your build.

For these reasons primarily I'm less of a fan of the vessel system and the material way "builds" are treated in CF. But, keeping an open mind as I've never tried it.

Shadowbane was what introduced me to min/maxing a character and I fell in love with the level of detail involved with the character creation. I feel no game since has given you so much freedom that gimping your character is even an option anymore and I hope there is at least an echo of that in Crowfall. With the vessel system it seems there really are no "wrong" choices, as the choice is already made for you. 

I like that the vessel system is unique and something I've never seen before. What baggage, if any, that carries with it is yet to be seen.

One thing I am curious about is how they are going to incorporate starting runes into crow creation. Will we get any say in stat distribution aside from taking runes?Will starting runes be crow-side or archetype specific? Are starting runes even a thing anymore? I'm assuming we get a starter vessel to actually get in the game, do any customizations on them carry over to subsequent higher-quality vessels we inhabit? The introduction of the vessel system, although exciting, threw a wrench in my understanding of creating a character. I agree with @coolwaters in that I feel that I know entirely too little about the vessel system as it stands to pass judgement right now; hell I'd be surprised if ACE could answer these questions themselves at this point, unless I'm missing an update, which is fully possible and I welcome anyone to link it. 

Edited by chodie

Hg0LXwa.png

Shadowbane was what introduced me to min/maxing a character and I fell in love with the level of detail involved with the character creation. I feel no game since has given you so much freedom that gimping your character is even an option anymore and I hope there is at least an echo of that in Crowfall. With the vessel system it seems there really are no "wrong" choices, as the choice is already made for you. 

I can see the attachment that system builds, and I've played some games like that, but to be entirely honest with you I really dislike games like that. Unless rerolling a new character from scratch is a very simple, fast and straightforward process I don't see how this is fun. A game that allows you to gimp yourself and only realize it several weeks/months down the road when you enter pvp in earnest that your character is garbage is just bad design to me.

I like being able to respec to test new builds, adapt to new metas, or simply because I got bored of my previous build's play style and want to try something new. But I'm one of those players who really dislike grinding, so I rarely have alts in any game. This is why I really enjoy the passive leveling system of CF. I can skip the xp grind and focus on having fun in pvp, resource gathering and guild affairs. I've played games where the community was very proud of how heavy the grind was in their game because it made it difficult and less casual, but to me it just made it boring and repetitive. Difficulty to me came from challenging dungeons, sieges, PVE or PVP content that required high skill level and tons of team coordination, etc. 

I do agree the vessel system brings some challenges in terms of character attachment though. But I'm hoping the overall game will be more interesting because of it so we can overlook those. We'll see. 

Edited by Rikutatis

It pretty much robs identity, there are plenty of games with working alts and class swapping that work better.

There's nothing better about RP a possesser. Included with other identities it's okay, but universally it's trash.

Making the most of it doesn't make it any good.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I like that the vessel system is unique and something I've never seen before. What baggage, if any, that carries with it is yet to be seen.

One thing I am curious about is how they are going to incorporate starting runes into crow creation. Will we get any say in stat distribution aside from taking runes?Will starting runes be crow-side or archetype specific? Are starting runes even a thing anymore? I'm assuming we get a starter vessel to actually get in the game, do any customizations on them carry over to subsequent higher-quality vessels we inhabit? The introduction of the vessel system, although exciting, threw a wrench in my understanding of creating a character. I agree with @coolwaters in that I feel that I know entirely too little about the vessel system as it stands to pass judgement right now; hell I'd be surprised if ACE could answer these questions themselves at this point, unless I'm missing an update, which is fully possible and I welcome anyone to link it. 

I'm glad I'm not the lone ranger on these issues.

The ability to fail is a powerful thing. Please don't take it away from us.

I can see the attachment that system builds, and I've played some games like that, but to be entirely honest with you I really dislike games like that. Unless rerolling a new character from scratch is a very simple, fast and straightforward process I don't see how this is fun. A game that allows you to gimp yourself and only realize it several weeks/months down the road when you enter pvp in earnest that your character is garbage is just bad design to me.

I like being able to respec to test new builds, adapt to new metas, or simply because I got bored of my previous build's play style and want to try something new. But I'm one of those players who really dislike grinding, so I rarely have alts in any game. This is why I really enjoy the passive leveling system of CF. I can skip the xp grind and focus on having fun in pvp, resource gathering and guild affairs. I've played games where the community was very proud of how heavy the grind was in their game because it made it difficult and less casual, but to me it just made it boring and repetitive. Difficulty to me came from challenging dungeons, sieges, PVE or PVP content that required high skill level and tons of team coordination, etc. 

I do agree the vessel system brings some challenges in terms of character attachment though. But I'm hoping the overall game will be more interesting because of it so we can overlook those. We'll see. 

I bolded the part that's the problem with the hypothetical game you describe. 

I disagree with most of the rest, but I freely admit I may eat my words once the systems are in place. 

Edited by coolwaters

Ahrghghggh!

This topic has given me a headache as it's raised so many questions in my head. :lol: I don't know anything as I haven't yet seen the game itself (not tested etc)

Please correct anything that you see that is factually wrong!

Given that it looks that we should be able to craft vessels, I was personally aiming to RP a vessel crafter, one who has a few apprentices who craft and 'share' vessels depending upon their needs.

I really would love for this to be a possibility, after all, if another player can steal your vessel if you don't claim it in time after your 'death', surely we can find a way to leave bodies/vessels in our eternal kingdoms, then have say, sub-guilds players that share them about?

I mean, I've been led to believe we get to keep a few for ourselves to use regularly?

It would make campaigns a lot more fun, and a lot more likely to build complete teams.

It'd lead to fun rp for people mistreating bodies.

I'm also assuming there ARE NPC's? Or am I wrong on this?

If there are NPC's then I think it's safe to also assume that vessels will have (largely) been people who have lived individual lives from birth up until the point where

they get 'claimed' by a crow.

Individual lives with individual personalities.

Or are all Vessels 'dead bodies?' Lying around a dungeon suggests that this might be the case.

Now if we CAN swap vessels freely via EK's. Do the vessels themselves retain any vestige of memory of their lives up until their death/possession, or any memory of events that took place whilst possessed by another crow?

I for one am planning on having personality of the vessel hugely impacting upon my crow as I have a habit of getting either terribly bored of rp'ing the same person, or end up hating the character. I know I need to speak to a shrink, but some of them have ended up repulsive to me.  :wacko:

I'm assuming that 'everyone knows' that crows are spirits, but not having seen in game, does every death give a visible animation of such?

Only from player/crow characters?

If it only comes from crow players, do we assume that only those who are crow themselves can see that?

That'd mean that it'd be possible for  rping a strong break away amongst npc 'vessels' from the crow 'religion'

Or do we assume EVERYONE can see the crows, in which case how do you explain the lack of crows with some people.

I am assuming that our spirit crows are largely genderless, but I can't say I wouldn't love rp where a belligerent feminist crow gets shoved into a male vessel. Any other takes on crow gender?

What is the thought about life of the vessel before possession, are they ALL crafted, or do some actually grow up from childhood?

If there isn't any childhood, why do we have separate genders!? 

If some of the population of the worlds are 'native empty vessels' and some crows, would there be a known predjudice, a two tier society? Would 'bob' have to bow down to me because I'm a crow and he's not.

AHrgughghrhk!  :blink:

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

I'll try and explain as much as we know as un-chaotic as possible :D

Given that it looks that we should be able to craft vessels, I was personally aiming to RP a vessel crafter, one who has a few apprentices who craft and 'share' vessels depending upon their needs.

This is totally possible, and a nice concept, in my oppinion. We can craft vessels (oposing to natural born bodys-turned-vessel-after-death - to whom I will reply later), and we can lose/loot/sell/buy them, so why not 'share' them? Only one person at a time can use them, sure, and there could arise some interesting hygienic questions but...otherwise? Why not?

There aren't actually 'indistructable' vessels, so if you don't regularly repair your vessels/ buy new ones, there's no garantie you'll always have one on hand that you really like. Vessels will take backpack space, so most of us will probably only have one/two of them with us at any given time, the rest will be back in our own little crypt :lol:

(totally has to be a house-concept, btw Ò_o)

I'm also assuming there ARE NPC's? Or am I wrong on this?

As we'd say in germany: Jain. No, there are no NPCs walking around your town, idly running the exact same circles over and over again. But yes, technically their are NPCs living in/on (?) the worlds out there, those worlds we invade and conquer.

Every person/NPC can and will die eventually, and with death their spirit leaves the body. But only a chosen few of those spirits will be picked by the gods to be their champions -> becoming crows. Some other spirits might not find the way into a peacful afterlive, instead roaming the dying worlds they once inhabited. Those, gifted Bondsmith's and Lightweavers (*cough* skill combination-names, containing the thrall-binding-craftmanship) can capture and bind into items -> Enchantments! or buildings -> becoming sort-of NPCs, who are able to sell/ craft things for you. But if they'll look like blue ghosts, or get bodys of their own...no idear.

I think that answers the qustion about vessel-origin, too. There are two ways to obtain a vessel: take a body of a formerly-living NPC, probably with remaining memorys and a certain, not influencable attribut-set. Or craft/buy a crafted vessel, totally memory-free and absolutly formable! Whatever stats you want, someone will be able to craft them for you.

Oh, and the gender question. Crows beeing former living things, in living bodys with genders, may or may not regard their gender as something important. Same as the race question: is it important for you to use only vessels of the same race? The same gender? Or did you, with endlessly flowing time and nothing to do but fight and die, disregard race and gender for eloquency and brutallity?

It's part of this highly discussed rp-opportunity, you'll never know what exactly goes on in the head of another crow, if you don't ask him.

Disclaimer: I've only fallen out of my bed an hour ago. pls don't blame me for grammatical/ spelling mistakes >.<

And tell me if I've got wrong informations somehow, I hope everything I'm sprouting is right :lol:

Edited by Akineko

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Personally this sounds like it could be a major boon to an Rp community, what we do with the mechanics is completely up to us (we ARE paying to play with these toys) but that they're in place opens up a range of possibilities for us.  I love my characters, really I do, so much that I'm STILL using a character that I started playing back when Neverwinter Nights (the original game) came out. That said, when you have that last tier of equipment, explored every inch of the environment (yes, yes, I know that won't be a problem here.), and cleared out every dungeon, there comes that itch to see what you missed with other classes and races.  Now nine times out of ten, I'm dissuaded from rolling an alt, I've really only seen a few games actively encourage having more than one character (SWTOR for example).  To make switching characters as easy as tossing on a new cloak?  Yes please.  That said, I think my own interpretation of it for rp purposes will be a little different than what they're suggesting. 

The idea that a godling keeps a freezer full of bodies seems a little too utilitarian to me, the romance is gone.  Now a godling gathering creatures to it's cause?  That I can get behind, my crow wouldn't possess corpses, but inspire champions and then set them to do what they do best while she keeps tweaking the scenes.  She'll come along for the ride sometimes, but it's important to her that mortals find their own path, she's just there to lend a hand and watch her work at play.  It might be different in the canon once the lore is set and in stone I'm sure, but part of offering us so many options is giving us a way to play OUR way no?

I think the vessel system opens a very interesting window for RP. For my guild I already had set a background somewhat similar to a cult, even before the vessel system was introduced. With it, I can expand this a lot, tons of potential. A cult that recruits people, trains them, helps them achieve greatness with the promisse that when they died fighting for the cult they have the chance to be taken by the gods and return as an immortal. We can REALLY promise immortality now, which is fun for a cult like organization.

On an individual level, I think it is nice to have the possibility to care or not about your character's physical appearance. If you are bored, change things around, say your character got a new vessel and renew the RP while keeping the core personality. Or don't do it, and RP it consistently as the same character if that is what you prefer.

I think the vessel system provides more tools for RP then it takes away, we just need to be creative.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

I plan to still create singular characters with defined forms as much as possible, as that allows for a smooth transition from game to written works and back again. It’s just easier that way when you have to supply a coherent setting for other players, because people build structures out of static known elements to define their imaginary world.

If you change things too much, too often, or you depart too far from generally accepted reality, it breaks the shared concept of the environment for your players.

So to aid in creating this coherency for dozens of random people, I tend to write journals for the bigger characters in my RP arcs and detailing their involvement in things as the event progresses. These journals are an easy way to allow tangentially involved players to have ‘overheard’ things about ongoing events, and therefore remain current on evolving situations even if they aren’t participating at the moment.

This is an important part of ‘Living Story Roleplay’, which is any persistent setting with mutable players. Living Story stuff requires a different sort of flexibility than a tabletop scenario with a defined group, because your players will be dropping into the middle of ongoing events and departing just the same – and the world will go on without them. So, in general, you need to make core elements of each arc readily accessible from anywhere in the execution of that arc because players will come and go randomly throughout the event.

My (current) idea to allow characters to define their image a bit given the crow and vessel system is to determine that, much like the psychological body map that people create which gives rise to ‘phantom limb’ situations, the spiritual crow seeks familiarity – especially after the initial death event.

This means that when you are first killed and rendered into a disembodied spirit by whichever petulant godling deems you important enough to serve in their army, said spirit tries really hard to acquire a body that is as close to the original as possible.

With each successive death this spiritual crow gets more comfortable with the afterlife and can (and will) venture further afield for physicality, but the initial death and rebirth cycle is a clean transition from previous-life to eternal-life… This way one can have an actual character with an actual story behind it, and have that carry over to their immortal existence – despite the fact they are dead and really nothing more than a poltergeist. :)

This also handily explains the existence of Eternal Kingdoms…

If you’re nothing but a disembodied spirit hopping from corpse to corpse to wage wars for the gods – why even bother building house? Let alone an entire palace and city around it? If the very core element of your existence, your physicality, is so ephemeral that you change it like underwear – what use is anything material at all?

For me, it’s that seeking of familiarity. The spirit seeks at all times to maintain itself and the world around it in a familiar state. So despite the fact a crow cannot feel ‘cold’, it still inherently seeks the warmth of a fire in winter. The crow cannot feel ‘wet’, yet it still seeks a roof and walls – because these things are familiar.

So no matter the body, the crow will inherently create a simulacrum of the physical world it is most familiar with. Hence, eternal kingdoms.

But all of this is just my thinking currently… It is all liable to change as we get more information on the actual cosmology of Crowfall and understand more about how things are intended to work. :)

Edited by raeshlavik

I see it more like Highlander. The Gods picking their champions who are locked in eternal head chopping matches until there's only one. Then they decide to burn the world (with the hunger) and do it again.

They are using the Crows as gladiators for entertainment and for bragging rights. The winner getting to set the rules for the next round.

Edited by Cordite

Personally, I've been approaching it heavily influenced by my D&D experiences.  If you've ever gotten hit by a Baleful Polymorph spell, or been killed and had a Reincarnation spell and had to roll on the table, well - you've been there.  I've done both in my years - in one case, I RPed a very vain and arrogant wizard who ran afoul and mouthed off to a very, very powerful hag/druid, who promptly turned me into a frog.  Spent about 6 sessions stuck in frog form, RPing my character stuck in a tiny little frog body mostly hidden in the rogue's pocket and desperately trying to keep the rest of the party find out I was a frog (because, vain).  It was some of the most fun RP I've ever had.  The reincarnate was similar - in that one I was a cleric who was reincarnated as a dire havelina (I think I rolled bugbear so they gave me some latitude on the creature), and again - I kept all of the memories and knowledge of my cleric, just stuck as a giant boar.

To me, I absolutely plan on going with something along those lines - I'll have my "core persona", the avatar's self, but then her attitudes as she's placed into various vessels.  I someday hope to be a duelist, and I can imagine just how fit-to-be-tied my character will be about being stuck in this tiny little guinea pig body!  So I'm actually kind of excited for the opportunity of adapting my character's core perspective based on her vessel....does she get mad if she's stuck in a male body, or disgusted by "all....this....damned....HAIR everywhere?!"  (Think the famous "Out of Their Minds" episode of Farscape.)  Will she go a little native if she's a druid?  Frankly, I kind of see this from the acting perspective like Tatiana Maslany from Orphan Black - it's the opportunity to play a myriad of roles with a common thread running through them, and that's cool as heck.

The one part I haven't reconciled completely is whether I also want to incorporate some "influences" of the vessel into my RP.  For instance, do the vessels have lingering aspects of their living selves still tied to their bodies?  i.e. would my avatar find herself unexpectedly craving red meat if she's a Legionnaire, or speaking in a more archaic style speech/naming structure like they seem to?  Would she inherit bits of the Guineaceans enthusiasm, only to find herself confused doing so?  It's something I'm actually hoping to do, but it would definitely be next level RP - not only RPing your core concept, but your core concept through the prism of another one influencing it.  So, that's my goal, but we'll see how it works in practice.

Edited by Shinorah

We are those that survived the Hunger. We survived by becoming spirits and finding places we can exist. And we found ways to regain a physical presence in the worlds by joining with physical bodies.

The bodies wear out. We do not. So we continue in another as needed. But we are still ourselves as our essence does not change from body to body. If our essence changes, it is from experience and time.

We still have desires, to create, to help, to lead, to dominate. The bodies assist us in looking to fulfill these desires, and others.

We will use what we can, what we want, what we need. We will go to worlds where the Hunger creeps and we will survive again even as the bodies do not.

{OOC} My quick take on Crow versus Vessel, in an RP sense.

[[ OOC ]]

I'm one of 'those' types that becomes attached to the character's identity. I roll a character based on a concept and it generally incorporates the in-game lore to include whatever class or archetype I'm building.

The idea of body swapping, calling it vessel system or what-have-you, is admittedly going to take some rethinking on my part. As I think on it, and read through the posts in this threat I find that I'm drawn towards the idea that the 'Crow' is more the manifestation of the character's identity once the original body had been slain. The spirit/soul or whatever. 

I am likely to build a character that has accepted that at a certain point in their life he or she died, yet because of [reasons] he or she now inhabits a different body, but they are still the same identity. 

Where this gets murky for me as a player is when I consider skills. My main character will be a Knight and that Knight spent a lifetime learning to swing a sword and use a shield. 

How do I justify the abilities granted (gameplay wise) by inhabiting say a Druid vessel? ICly, the Knight identity never learned magic. My work-around thus far has been to incorporate the notion that my character's 'Crow' isn't new to the scene. That they've been around and taken part in battles throughout the ages and so have developed a baseline knowledge of many (read as: all) skills and magic across the years.

From there, it then descends into the realm of "the mind knows how, but this body doesn't." where the character's identity needs a vessel that is in-tune with the skills associated with that AT. So in effect, they need the body of a Druid in order to use the Druid magic they've learned through the years.

That's just me though.

Edited by Rhast

[[ OOC ]]

I'm one of 'those' types that becomes attached to the character's identity. I roll a character based on a concept and it generally incorporates the in-game lore to include whatever class or archetype I'm building.

The idea of body swapping, calling it vessel system or what-have-you, is admittedly going to take some rethinking on my part. As I think on it, and read through the posts in this threat I find that I'm drawn towards the idea that the 'Crow' is more the manifestation of the character's identity once the original body had been slain. The spirit/soul or whatever. 

I am likely to build a character that has accepted that at a certain point in their life he or she died, yet because of [reasons] he or she now inhabits a different body, but they are still the same identity. 

Where this gets murky for me as a player is when I consider skills. My main character will be a Knight and that Knight spent a lifetime learning to swing a sword and use a shield. 

How do I justify the abilities granted (gameplay wise) by inhabiting say a Druid vessel? ICly, the Knight identity never learned magic. My work-around thus far has been to incorporate the notion that my character's 'Crow' isn't new to the scene. That they've been around and taken part in battles throughout the ages and so have developed a baseline knowledge of many (read as: all) skills and magic across the years.

From there, it then descends into the realm of "the mind knows how, but this body doesn't." where the character's identity needs a vessel that is in-tune with the skills associated with that AT. So in effect, they need the body of a Druid in order to use the Druid magic they've learned through the years.

That's just me though.

I feel you may be needlessly complicating things for yourself. Granted we do not know how things will be in the finished game, but as it stands now if you think your character wouldn't know druid magic, simply don't play a druid. I am yet to play a knight and that hasn't bothered me in the least. But like you suggested, I do play my crow as being a fairly ancient one and so he knows a lot of the basics.

As for magic, the way my character looks at magic is that it is like any other muscle. Once you know it is there and you work on it, it will start to grow. Hence if he was to jump into a confessors body who had worked on fire magic his entire life, he would have a natural connection to fire. Though even if this is a legendary vessel, this does not mean he himself is legendary. He might be able to call forth great infernos at command, but that does not mean he knows his own strength or how to control it.

This is very easily reflected in game, where someone who knows the class and spent a lot of time mastering it, will always have a advantage against someone with superior stats without a clue what he is doing.

Edited by Karna

Lf6MJUL.png

Meryk - Member

I feel you may be needlessly complicating things for yourself. Granted we do not know how things will be in the finished game, but as it stands now if you think your character wouldn't know druid magic, simply don't play a druid. I am yet to play a knight and that hasn't bothered me in the least. But like you suggested I do play my crow as being a fairly ancient one and so he knows a lot of the basics.

As for magic, the way my character looks at magic is that it is like any other muscle. Once you know it is there and you work on it, it will start to grow. Hence if he was to jump into a confessors body who had worked on fire magic his entire life, he would have a natural connection to fire. Though even if this is a legendary vessel, this does not mean he himself is legendary. He might be able to call forth great infernos at command, but that does not mean he knows his own strength or how to control it.

This is very easily reflected in game, where someone who knows the class and spent a lot of time mastering it, will always have a advantage against someone with superior stats without a clue what he is doing.

A valid point.

For me, the bottom line is that if I'm going to play an AT and do so ICly, I will want to justify it being the same character as the crow.

Or at the very least, assume it's a different crow more familiar with Druid magic.

That... might actually be a much easier solution. Given that we will ideally be able to give vessels unique names (that show up instead of our account names) No one said that we have to roleplay as a single crow among many bodies.  Hrmmmm

A valid point.

For me, the bottom line is that if I'm going to play an AT and do so ICly, I will want to justify it being the same character as the crow.

Or at the very least, assume it's a different crow more familiar with Druid magic.

That... might actually be a much easier solution. Given that we will ideally be able to give vessels unique names (that show up instead of our account names) No one said that we have to roleplay as a single crow among many bodies.  Hrmmmm

I have suggested something similar in the past like you can see in the link below.

https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/10531-ooc-what-are-your-thoughts-on-the-vessel-system/?p=275617

I am very interested in acknowledging things like the in game camera and soundtrack into my stories. And in terms of vessels I have found two narratives which I enjoy playing around with the most.

The one I primarily plan on working with in the game, is that my crow takes on different aspects depending on what vessel he uses. Be this magical in origin or simply some madness inflicted by countless years of warfare, I leave to your own imagination. But it does mean the persona changes depending on what vessel he uses.

The second which I am sketching out a short story about is that the crow is more of a passive passenger. He sits in the back, content or perhaps too spiritually crippled to take full control of his vessel. But he can restore life to his host, allowing it to fight or serve in his stead. Maybe he does this because he is too tired to fight in this endless war in person, maybe he sees the theft of bodies as a entirely immoral act and so he forms more of a partnership with his vessel.

Or maybe he just think he is above farming wood and stone for hours on end and let the old mortal out for some good old fashioned slave labor! And at the end of a long days work, the crow takes back control, just in time for his favorite drink down at the pub.

Edited by Karna

Lf6MJUL.png

Meryk - Member