Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the EK our souls custom heaven?

tierless

Why would we want to live forever as a ghost crow, forever feeding souls to our never satisfied gods?

Maybe its because part of the deal is we get to "build" our own heaven from the resources scavenged? Maybe in the EK we try to create what we had, or never had but desired in life? Maybe we do this terrible task for the moments we get to spend at peace in our own serenity? Its a tragic way to obtain peace, if only fleeting.

Edited by tierless

I role play a wordsmith.

Either be an eternal Spirit jumping from vessel to vessel serving the gods or be nothing as in not even exist. Seems fairly simple to me.

But to some nothing might be a more appealing option that a life os servitude and eternal conflict, which is why the "hope" that comes with the peace of your EK might fit in.

I role play a wordsmith.

I think of the EK's as living young worlds on the outskirts of the CF galaxy. They're uninhabited by sentient creatures at the time we take over, and refuges for the faithful servants of the gods. Because they're so far from the galactic core, they should be free of the Hunger for millennia.  Living people can go to EK, and the dead go there as thralls, before moving on to the next reality (heaven?). Some of their bodies, as well as materials crafted gear and resources also go there to help in the effort of settling the new lands and outfitting crowfall expeditions in dying worlds.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I think of the EK's as living young worlds on the outskirts of the CF galaxy. They're uninhabited by sentient creatures at the time we take over, and refuges for the faithful servants of the gods. Because they're so far from the galactic core, they should be free of the Hunger for millennia.  Living people can go to EK, and the dead go there as thralls, before moving on to the next reality (heaven?). Some of their bodies, as well as materials crafted gear and resources also go there to help in the effort of settling the new lands and outfitting crowfall expeditions in dying worlds.

Good explanation. I wonder, if we are spirits why do we care about setting up an EK economy? In fact how can we even take things from the physical world to a seemingly metaphysical EK?

I role play a wordsmith.

Good explanation. I wonder, if we are spirits why do we care about setting up an EK economy? In fact how can we even take things from the physical world to a seemingly metaphysical EK?

If the EKs are just worlds far from the hunger as the galaxy map would suggest, then they aren't metaphysical at all, but real worlds, much like the campaign worlds, that can have portals opened to them. As far aw why we want to build an EK, it could have different reasons for everyone. Some might want a personal heaven, others might want to create a haven for the less fortunate, and others still might simply want to serve their gods, and don't really bother with their EKs. It's all up to the player I think.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

If the EKs are just worlds far from the hunger as the galaxy map would suggest, then they aren't metaphysical at all, but real worlds, much like the campaign worlds, that can have portals opened to them. As far aw why we want to build an EK, it could have different reasons for everyone. Some might want a personal heaven, others might want to create a haven for the less fortunate, and others still might simply want to serve their gods, and don't really bother with their EKs. It's all up to the player I think.

Then I wonder which form the crow takes in the EK? Their one true physical form from their past maybe?

I role play a wordsmith.

Then I wonder which form the crow takes in the EK? Their one true physical form from their past maybe?

Yours can, or not, as you prefer.

Your EK is a world in the same galaxy as your home planet.

It's metaphysically connected to the first world (this assumption comes from the lore), but it isn't heaven.

Thralls we rescue from the dying worlds go to the next reality, but crows just keep respawning in the CF galaxy.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)