Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkEyesOGrey

Frustrations With Guild Recruiting Forum

I realize it's extraordinarily early, but as many people here have pointed out, this is a social, best played as a team game. Or at least that's the vision that's been presented and that we're all hoping to stick to. Kind of odd for me since I frequently solo but that aside, I'm looking for that guild, or team now so I can start building relationships. I searched for balance, because that is the faction I intend to play. The first page of search results yielded only one post, where balance actually referred to the faction. 

Maybe the RP guilds aren't up and going yet? Maybe the people looking at guilds this early are the PVP Dregs Purists? Whatever the case, while it's been stated god choice is going to be semantics, faction choice will determine gameplay in some of the worlds. Why are people holding off, or not declaring their guild's faction? Does this not seem like an integral part to anyone else?

Alright, rant over.

I realize it's extraordinarily early, but as many people here have pointed out, this is a social, best played as a team game. Or at least that's the vision that's been presented and that we're all hoping to stick to. Kind of odd for me since I frequently solo but that aside, I'm looking for that guild, or team now so I can start building relationships. I searched for balance, because that is the faction I intend to play. The first page of search results yielded only one post, where balance actually referred to the faction. 

Maybe the RP guilds aren't up and going yet? Maybe the people looking at guilds this early are the PVP Dregs Purists? Whatever the case, while it's been stated god choice is going to be semantics, faction choice will determine gameplay in some of the worlds. Why are people holding off, or not declaring their guild's faction? Does this not seem like an integral part to anyone else?

Alright, rant over.

If you are currently looking to advertise yourself for a guild, you could refer to this thread http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/8918-unofficial-looking-for-guild-thread/. I would include a summary of important points you are looking for in the game (RP, Casual, Family Freindly, etc...) and see who responds.  The alternative is to go through the guild threads when you have time and see which one describes your play style best and possibly host a interview on teamspeak.

As you said yourself the game is extremely early in development and a quite a few guilds that will be here have yet to show up, but i have confidence that they will. I know that many players are still undetermined in which guild they want to choose because they want to make the right choice upon release. 

Sugoi ! - Head of Disciplinary Committee

YhuWX9S.png

Alright, rant over.

A lot of current guilds don't intend to focus on the 3 faction campaign...

Also it is way too early to really solidify guilds... most of the guilds you see now probably won't even be around as they are for launch. 

The game is still probably 1year+ out... just be patient... as the game takes shape you will start seeing things solidify and you will have your chance to find a guild that fits with what you want. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Consoles and lack of games have destroyed most communities. There are not many communities out there bigger than a handful of players anymore. Those that are are into that one game.

Why are people holding off, or not declaring their guild's faction? Does this not seem like an integral part to anyone else?

I don't think so. As far as i know, players and or guilds will be able to choose their loyalties on a campaign base. We don't know about the precise implications yet either. So i guess that choosing a faction in this early state of development only applies to very determined RP guilds ("We are the Order of Chaos, we live to fight for balance"). Since RP guilds are generally rarer than others, you might find it hard to find your wishes come true. Until there are more details and guilds.

The lack of details about factions, gods, guilds and the bands in general forces us to remain open for all possibilities. We do not want to lock ourselves in (or out) certain gameplay by making decisions too soon.  :)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I'd like to have some sort of guild open house event during testing, so that potential applicants have the chance to experience different guild dynamics prior to choosing one and applying. In my view, guilds should work to display the characteristics they emphasis in mission/vision statements. 

Iri~

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

As they ramp up the testing schedule and release information.  Guilds will ramp up their recruiting efforts and fine tune their positions.

Until we know more it is hard to lock in a position.  Like us most of the guilds here will happily answer questions left in their recruitment threads.

Check out the various threads and if something catches your eye leave your questions in the thread.

I'd like to have some sort of guild open house event during testing, so that potential applicants have the chance to experience different guild dynamics prior to choosing one and applying. In my view, guilds should work to display the characteristics they emphasis in mission/vision statements. 

Iri~

My advice would be put up a thread in guild recruitment about getting into some multiplayer games with some of the active members. A good guild and a smart guild will most likely have a group of people running in some game like a MOBA, FPS, MMO, or games like ARK or RUST.  If you find a group like that you also get the chance to get into TS or Vent with them and see if their personalities and ages mesh or clash with your own.

...huh. I should probably use my own advice at some point in the near future.

"Through the travail of ages, midst the pomp and toils of war, have I fought and strove and perished, countless times among the stars.
As if through a glass and darkly, the age old strife I see, when I fought in many guises and many names, but always me."

I think the question you should be asking yourself is, "Why do I like Balance rather than Order, especially since Maeve is Order (for some reason)?"

Based on recent information, players will choose factions when entering Campaign Worlds.  Since you can participate in multiple CW's at a time, you can be in multiple factions at a time.  Your friend in one world will be your enemy in another.

So, faction identity does not mean as much as it has in other games.

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

The lack of details about factions, gods, guilds and the bands in general forces us to remain open for all possibilities. We do not want to lock ourselves in (or out) certain gameplay by making decisions too soon.  :)

This.

Aside from some basic, general information, there's been little released regarding the details of all of the above, making it impossible to make any kind of informed decisions.

Another thing to remember is only god's reach will be factions based. Infected is a 12 sided band where you pick a god, Shadow is centered around the guild structure, and dregs is...well...we don't know yet lol

So looking at that a large enough guild could play in all 4 bands but only one is impacted by factions.

Crowfall isn't being built like WoW (Horde vs Alliance) or CU (Arthur, Fea, Monster*) so you need to think beyond the typical mold and embrace Crowfall for what it is.

*I don't recall what the actual sides are for CU...and I'm on my phone lol.

Alright, rant over.

Findeth ye merry RP guild verily in yon story telling forum...huzzah!

No! in today's update, Jtodd directly said the GOD will grant boon buffs AFTER a campaign depending on how well you served your faction.  Not sure how long the buff will last and if it fits the lore.  He also said it will not be a possible part of a min/max players build...   rather a gift of something you cannot plan for but fits the lore of the diety and the campaign.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I don't think we'll see many faction guilds until closer to launch.

as others stated, not much info yet on the Gods.

A lot of the guilds out there now are PVP first and foremost guilds looking to Forumbane their way to the top. One thing for sure, if many of these guilds are around at launch, then you know they have a solid leadership and might be worth hitching your wagon to.

The lore as it is very shallow and superficial. I wouldn't be surprised if guilds hang on to preexisting naratives. For the SB community, I don't know why you would trade JTodd and Meridian's masterwork for the uncompelling drivel that has so far been offered in CF.

Lack of info and compelling narratives is probably stunting the RP activity. Who knows it may get better....

Edited by angelmar