Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Navtyr

Will you use more than one account?

Will you use more than one account?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use more than one account?

• Yes, i already bought more than one (and will use them myself)
    • I will use the second key that came with my CE
    • No (comment why)
    • I am honestly thinking about buying another one
    • I will wait for more info about skill progression

Apologies for this not being in general discussions, but polls are disabled there.

I'm genuinely interested in people's intentions and points of view on multiple accounts. With the latest reveal, how many will simply decide to roll another account for their 'alt' with a different general skill tree (and 'free VIP') and avoid being gimped? 

Please don't turn this into another endless vessel debate and stick to the topic.

Edited by Navtyr

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

No, I tend to focus my characters in combat and I don't really like building alts.

I don't like crafter/merchant related classes, maybe I would like some exploring capabilities, but I rather make a good fighter-explorer than having 2 alts to do each one.

I will just adapt my general skills according to what I prefer, even if that means not having a perfect explorer nor a perfect combatant.

Just one, don't really see the need for multiple accounts. If I want an alt or something for crafting I'll just make a dedicated vessel that's just for crafting and use it only in my EK.  

The general skills (crafting and exploring) are on the Crow level, not on archetype, so you would need another account to have a fully developed crafter or explorer if you want a fully developed combatant.

Edited by reider

The general skills (crafting and exploring) are on the Crow level, not on archetype, so you would need another account to have a fully developed crafter or explorer if you want a fully developed combatant.

From what we have heard crafting improvements will be on the discipline rune level. So could make a vessel, load it up with disciplines and w/e else for crafting.

Also there is no hard cap on the general progression so yeah given some time you could have both combat and w/e else in the same general trees.

If you are one of those that absolutely has to be self sufficient then sure you'll need multiple accounts if you don't want to wait ti fill your progression trees, but that's really no different than past games. Personally I play these games to interact and rely on other players so if I need something crafted I look to buy it on the market place and have it made by someone.

Edited by pang

Vessel attributes (including discipline runes applied) determine the skill caps for that vessel.

How much of that cap you actually use is determined by your skill training history.

0 crafting skills trained: no blacksmith discipline: 0/100 blacksmith skill.

0 crafting skills trained: blacksmith discipline applied: 0/150 blacksmith skill.

"If I want an alt or something for crafting I'll just make a dedicated vessel that's just for crafting and use it only in my EK." is not compatible with "if I need something crafted I look to buy it on the market place and have it made by someone." Your crafting alt vessel idea simply isn't feasible without diverting general training into the crafting tree.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Only one. If a game requires me to use multiple accounts to be competitive then the game meta is broken I will likely not play it. I understand you can have some advantages with multiple accounts, versatility and other benefits, as with any MMO. But it shouldn't be a major advantage or a requirement, I rely on guild mates, organization and team work to get the things I can't get by myself. I have no intention of being completely self sufficient in this game. If multiple accounts are required to be competitive then I will not play.

Edited by LGAllastair

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

Vessel attributes (including discipline runes applied) determine the skill caps for that vessel.

How much of that cap you actually use is determined by your skill training history.

0 crafting skills trained: no blacksmith discipline: 0/100 blacksmith skill.

0 crafting skills trained: blacksmith discipline applied: 0/150 blacksmith skill.

"If I want an alt or something for crafting I'll just make a dedicated vessel that's just for crafting and use it only in my EK." is not compatible with "if I need something crafted I look to buy it on the market place and have it made by someone." Your crafting alt vessel idea simply isn't feasible without diverting general training into the crafting tree.

Well like I said in my second post, I'm not looking to be 100% self sufficient like some of you seem to be. Not saying that's a bad thing but some perspective would be helpful IMO. So having a vessel alt that's even slightly better at crafting than a combat made vessel is good enough for me. I'll be using the player made economy and market place to get things I need.

Your alt crafting vessel will not be "even slightly better" at crafting than any of your other vessels since skills reside on the crow not the vessel. If you have no crafting skills trained on your crow then it makes zero difference what vessel you're in. 0/100 is exactly equal to 0/150: they both equal 0. The only time a dedicated crafting vessel makes sense is when your crafting skills are trained to levels higher than the native crafting skill caps on combat vessels.

Your alt vessel idea is like saying "I don't have any water in my empty small glass, so if I want some water I'll get an empty large glass instead." If the glass is empty then it doesn't matter how big it is, there's still no water in it.

I understand that you're now explaining that you're not going to be crafting at all and that's fine. The point I'm making is that your first assertion about having an alt crafting vessel is fundamentally flawed.

Edited by Jihan

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I see no reason for myself to use a second account. With the vessel system I already can play any class I wish, and general skills have enough of a curve that I'll probably train them mostly around the same rate anyway. What would you do with it anyway? Hop between a crafter and a fighter in a campaign? You'd have to find each other first, and mostly doesn't seem worth the effort when you could be establishing an early game lead instead.

Only one because money. And time. It takes quite a bit of time to manage two -- let alone three -- accounts, and I think it'd be more fun for RP reasons just to have one. And this -v-

...it shouldn't be a major advantage or a requirement, I rely on guild mates, organization and team work to get the things I can't get by myself. I have no intention of being completely self sufficient in this game.

(underline by yours truly)

While I (and a lot of people, I think) will still struggle to be as self-sufficient as they can.. if we have a system to be able to rely on others -- and them rely on us, to create a nice symbiotic and balanced relationship -- then all should be well. If it's something where the majority of people have three accounts and are all self sufficient, then the economy gets inflated (because no-one except a few use it) and the community sabotages itself and dies.

Crowfall is walking many fine "balancing" lines these days, haha!

"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light." ~ Arca Jeth, Star Wars Legends

Your alt crafting vessel will not be "even slightly better" at crafting than any of your other vessels since skills reside on the crow not the vessel. If you have no crafting skills trained on your crow then it makes zero difference what vessel you're in. 0/100 is exactly equal to 0/150: they both equal 0. The only time a dedicated crafting vessel makes sense is when your crafting skills are trained to levels higher than the native crafting skill caps on combat vessels.

Your alt vessel idea is like saying "I don't have any water in my empty small glass, so if I want some water I'll get an empty large glass instead." If the glass is empty then it doesn't matter how big it is, there's still no water in it.

I understand that you're now explaining that you're not going to be crafting at all and that's fine. The point I'm making is that your first assertion about having an alt crafting vessel is fundamentally flawed.

Never said I was going to do no crafting. Simply saying I don't plan on being totally self sufficient like some here apparently are hence no need for multiple accounts. Its not that black and white. Your talking like its either all combat training or all crafting training and no in between.  So say I play a Ranger and I train whatever I need so can make my own arrows, but also will be training what ever I need to be combat proficient. For gear, vessels and everything else I'll use other players to get those items either by buying it from the markets or having it made.

There's no such thing as self-sufficiency in Crowfall: you can't win a campaign by yourself.

You may be able to achieve economic self-sustainability via multiaccounting, but that's not the same thing, and putting that much work into just your own economics would probably be a sharp limiter on your ability to contribute to your faction's campaign success.

For me, multiaccounting isn't at all about self sufficiency: it's about being able to experience all of Crowfall's different styles of gameplay. And it's about being able to help my faction in whatever way is most effective in the current strategoeconomic environment.

Also spying.

Tully

Your talking like its either all combat training or all crafting training and no in between. 

The thing is, that 'in between' means not maximizing the potential of one tree line.

If i borrow your ranger example: You might be a scout ranger for all i know and will be on the move rather than fighting the front lines. You will heavily invest into exploration tree, all well. If you ever in the future of Crowfall decide to play a combat oriented archetype (or even a 'dps' ranger), you will need to invest a lot of time to climb up the general combat branch, since so far you invested in exploration. Again all is well, if you aren't a min/maxer and the fact that you will be weaker than others higher up the combat branch doesn't bother you.

But many people are bothered or like to min/max, thus they will have 2 or more accounts, each investing and maxing out a single branch and play according archetypes on that account. So instead of your ranger scout and knight fighter each having half the general tree power, they will have a ranger and knight at full general power on separate accounts.

Interesting poll results so far, around 50/50.

I ended up with 7 accounts.  Might give some away. LOL.

wink, wink

Edited by Navtyr

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

The thing is, that 'in between' means not maximizing the potential of one tree line.

If i borrow your ranger example: You might be a scout ranger for all i know and will be on the move rather than fighting the front lines. You will heavily invest into exploration tree, all well. If you ever in the future of Crowfall decide to play a combat oriented archetype (or even a 'dps' ranger), you will need to invest a lot of time to climb up the general combat branch, since so far you invested in exploration. Again all is well, if you aren't a min/maxer and the fact that you will be weaker than others higher up the combat branch doesn't bother you.

But many people are bothered or like to min/max, thus they will have 2 or more accounts, each investing and maxing out a single branch and play according archetypes on that account. So instead of your ranger scout and knight fighter each having half the general tree power, they will have a ranger and knight at full general power on separate accounts.

Interesting poll results so far, around 50/50.

Still though its not like you get locked out of a skill in the tree because you picked another skill. Given time everyone has access to all the same skills and passives. So sure in the first few Months of the game I might have a few less combat things then another player who went all combat but whatever lead is taken in progression its never insurmountable. Also shallow power curves we have been told so again nothing is going to be insurmountable to overcome given enough time.