Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Navtyr

Will you use more than one account?

Will you use more than one account?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use more than one account?

• Yes, i already bought more than one (and will use them myself)
    • I will use the second key that came with my CE
    • No (comment why)
    • I am honestly thinking about buying another one
    • I will wait for more info about skill progression

While everyone is discussing "old system vs New system" there's a correct that needs to be made. We were NEVER limited to a single character per campaign because they never nailed that part of the game down. They talked about some ideas that were tossed around and the rest came from the communities assumptions.

They indicated that was the direction they were going... in reality we can't argue that anything was ever nailed down because it is all subject to change.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Why do you assume the classes exist to hard counter one another? This isn't pokemon, they just offer different play styles. And as I've said before, organizing a bunch of different characters in a campaign world that will probably require you to move around frequently and find each other with no map is going to hurt you far more than help.

Yeah agree, even though the type of balance that ACE seems to be going for is the rock, paper, scissors variety it still doesn't mean that you'll be completely ineffective against certain classes. It'll just mean you'll have to adapt and overcome based on the situation and apply different tactics to win.

I guess I just have faith that these Devs are not stupid enough to make a combat system where you have to login and out of accounts and different characters to be able to do well in combat.

Edited by pang

Yeah agree, even though the type of balance that ACE seems to be going for is the rock, paper, scissors variety it still doesn't mean that you'll be completely ineffective against certain classes. It'll just mean you'll have to adapt and overcome based on the situation and apply different tactics to win.

I guess I just have faith that these Devs are not stupid enough to make a combat system where you have to login and out of accounts and different characters to be able to do well in combat.

They've quite literally talked about how classes will be good at some things and not good at others...

They've quite literally talked about how classes will be good at some things and not good at others...

Exactly what i just said, do you even read? You certainly don't understand what you are reading if you do.

Classes will be weaker or stronger against other classes but its not the end all be all. You'll never just not be able to ever kill another class outright. It'll just take different tactics and player skill to overcome them. Some classes will be easier/harder to defeat then others but no its not some "hard counter" bs you keep spewing.

If you honestly believe that you need to account/character hop to do well in this game then yeah lol not sure what else to say besides thats crazy. Sounds like you want a MOBA, theres plenty of them out go play them.

Exactly what i just said, do you even read? You certainly don't understand what you are reading if you do.

Classes will be weaker or stronger against other classes but its not the end all be all. You'll never just not be able to ever kill another class outright. It'll just take different tactics and player skill to overcome them. Some classes will be easier/harder to defeat then others but no its not some "hard counter" bs you keep spewing.

If you honestly believe that you need to account/character hop to do well in this game then yeah lol not sure what else to say besides thats crazy. Sounds like you want a MOBA, theres plenty of them out go play them.

No, what you said is "it still doesn't seem like you will be completely ineffective vs certain classes".... Which based on their design it actually does seem like certain things will be hard countered... so yea... that happened.

I will be using one account only.  Personally my head is wired to playing a game.  Not buying multiple accounts so I can "play it better/more". 

If a game is properly constructed and managed it is my opinion multiple accounts aren't necessary, and in some cases, depending on the game, a disruption . . . albeit a somewhat hidden one. 

I have a tendency to be a fan of the one player one account idea.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

BEFORE:

3 chars = just 3 accounts, no subscription needed

NOW:

3 accounts are useless without VIP, because 1 account with VIP is almost the same. Ergo, if "multiaccounts holders" want to be advantaged, they need at least 2 accounts both with VIP, that give them 6 overall builds (the equivalent of 6!!! old accounts). Problem is, VIP is a subscription and so it's more expensive than just buying the accounts as it was before.

So let's say 1 box costed 35$.

If you spent 70$ for two accounts, you were going to have TWO times the number of characters (2 > 1) compared to those that only bought one. Now instead 35$ + VIP monthly is almost better (relatively) than buying 3 accounts for 105$. And whoever has those accounts already, has to pay VIP for them to be worth the price. Ergo, those that want to stay ahead need to pay more than before.

3 accounts for $105 (no V.I.P) = 3 fully actualized unique characters (crows) each with their own General Skills specializations (Crafting, Combat, Exploration)

1 account for $35 (w/ V.I.P) =  3 archetypes on one character that share half of their progression.

Initial difference in cost is $70 dollars, equal to only 7 months of V.I.P.  The time I estimate for complete mastery of one archetype - 3.5 years.  The initial cost-savings would dissipate quite a long time before you mastered even your first three archetypes

• A person with three accounts could have one account specializing in combat, of the three this would be the one that would benefit most from V.I.P, as all archetypes will benefit from these to some extent, but the lack of V.I.P does not prevent you from experimenting with each archetype and finding your best fit. 
  • They could have one account specializing in Exploration/Stealth, to try out those elements but I don't really see a reason to ever V.I.P this account.
  • And they could have that dedicated crafter, to make vessels whatnot; again I don't see a reason to ever V.I.P this account.  Unless certain archetype give bonuses to crafting or only specific archetypes have access to certain crafting disciplines.  Only the Forgemaster comes to mind, and if that's the only one that will be the simple choice for the archetype on that account.

If you are intent to special in just combat, then one account plus V.I.P will do, but if you have the slightest inclination to try crafting or want access to the Exploration skills (they sound the most fun to me), multiple accounts seem too lucrative to pass up.

Edited by Gilgamer

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

They indicated that was the direction they were going... in reality we can't argue that anything was ever nailed down because it is all subject to change.

Hey thanks for your loyal support by reiterating my post. It's always nice to meet a fan :)

That doesn't really seem to line up with what we know about this system though. General skills are just that general and used by all Archetypes. So having access to several general skill trees with multiple accounts doesn't really do much for your archetype combat wise. You'll need to train up Archetype skills by using those archetype vessel's. Only real benefit I see is having access to the skills and passives faster by having multiple accounts and if thats important to one then great but again given time nothing is really insurmountable in this game.

Theres obviously stuff we don't know about with this system and will likely need to see it in practice to get a full grasp of it but just sounds like making such speculations doesn't really follow the logic with what we do know so far.

Yea...  so you get three accounts and you play the specialized for one skill tree that works with a category of vessels... it does not progress you faster in any of those specializations, you would only be able to play a wider variety of vessels by changing accounts each one progressing no faster than my single account...   eventually my account WILL start to be more versatile as I will start other skill trees for the more rare vessels I find and learn the playstyles and am active vs passive in training (being logged in).  In the end I will be switching vessels on the fly for the needs of my group while you will go through loading screens, etc...   not as efficient.   I will have one account and grind skills up into advancement archetypes vessels found, grind those skills up and then about 4 months in start to grind up skills for an alternate vessel I either found and banked or that my guild really needs for group synergy.  I am hoping that rare quality vessels and better runes are actually rare and valuable...  not RNG kill 4000 mobs to get but at least harder to earn through crafting OR the extremely lucky drop whilst solo scout dinking around the world.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

No, what you said is "it still doesn't seem like you will be completely ineffective vs certain classes".... Which based on their design it actually does seem like certain things will be hard countered... so yea... that happened.

Nope as usual you're just twisting facts to suit your own narrative.

Actually, we can, as something nailed down can still be plucked and replaced. Yet that's still not the same as nothing having ever been nailed down at all.

What you're saying is akin to "we can never really argue that ACE made a decision, because they could always then make a second, different decision."

Anywho... I voted no. Single account for me, 'cause ain't nobody got time for that! *sass*

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Nope as usual you're just twisting facts to suit your own narrative.

I literally quoted you saying that right http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/10568-will-you-use-more-than-one-account/?p=252482 I don't know why you would try to deny it.

Actually, we can, as something nailed down can still be plucked and replaced. Yet that's still not the same as nothing having ever been nailed down at all.

What you're saying is akin to "we can never really argue that ACE made a decision, because they could always then make a second, different decision."

Anywho... I voted no. Single account for me, 'cause ain't nobody got time for that! *sass*

I think you are confused... you are arguing the point I made... you just didn't read it in context...  Someone else was claiming a feature wasn't nailed down... I was mentioning that they were leaning towards it and that nothing is actually nailed down especially based on what they've shown us with their willingness to uproot and change big systems...

Never in there was I saying we can't argue that ACE made a decision...

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

No (comment why):

1. I don't like crafting; I find it fiddly and boring.

2. I don't plan on playing more than 1 archetype, MAYBE two if they are closely related as far as the crow skill tree is concerned.

3. I am uncertain that I will enjoy CF enough to spend any more money on it. 

And... I don't know about multiboxing, etc. but the crafting situation does seem to be a reason to buy a second account.  I think the most common two account design will be 1. campaign main, and 2. crafting alt.  Essentially, people will support their campaign crow with their crafting one.  However, as players deconstruct the game, they will take every advantage they can--including things devs never intended but did not specifically restrict, exploits, hacks and cheating of all stripes.  If multiple accounts gives a significant advantage, ACE will sell more accounts, but ultimately it may be damaging to the longevity of the game.

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Right now it seems like multiple accounts are unnecessary unless you've got a lot of time on your hands. Really can't say more than that until we see what this actually looks like. Until then you're all just arguing over theories and what it sounds like on paper which A) will probably change and B.)  won't be what it actually turns out to be like live.

Edited by vucar

aka honeybear

I'm going with just one. I've always been more of a soloist and want to continue acting a roamer until I find what I want to do in this game, whether that be join a group of people in a guild I take to or possibly begin my own guild for the goals I find. Plus, I prefer becoming good in a given profession in games, and a single character which I polish.

If you are intent to special in just combat, then one account plus V.I.P will do, but if you have the slightest inclination to try crafting or want access to the Exploration skills (they sound the most fun to me), multiple accounts seem too lucrative to pass up.

Nopoorly made socks, look at my answer to the poll. All I was saying is that the current system is an improvement over the old one.

3 accounts for $105 (no V.I.P) = 3 fully actualized unique characters (crows) each with their own General Skills specializations (Crafting, Combat, Exploration)

1 account for $35 (w/ V.I.P) =  3 archetypes on one character that share half of their progression.

Initial difference in cost is $70 dollars, equal to only 7 months of V.I.P.

1. "only" 7 months? ACE will be lucky if by the end of their first year they'll have half the population of the first month.

2. Yes you have 3 accounts, you need to logout/login each time (and if the servers are crowded, you'll get behind the VIP queue), you have to move each character to the same place (thanks to local banking) or have an intermediate each time you need to trade stuff, vessels included. Good luck if you're playing on the shadow or the dregs.

I'll take the 1xVIP over 3 non VIP accounts all the day, something that I couldn't do with the previous system.

I voted yes to the poll because the best option right now, both in terms of money spent and time efficiency, is having 1xVIP and 1xnonVIP account (for crafting), which is far better than the previous 3xnonVIP accounts, or more, that also made VIP useless.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Nopoorly made socks, look at my answer to the poll. All I was saying is that the current system is an improvement over the old one.

That "you" is plural, referring to any player that is intent on specialization, but I should have avoided the ambiguity.

1. "only" 7 months? ACE will be lucky if by the end of their first year they'll have half the population of the first month.

Such a grim outlook for the game.  You don't anticipate many sticking around long enough to max out a single archetype? Ironically you're predict the game will fail to retain players, yet in the next breath you're saying we should be worried about login queue.  CWs are likely instanced, with multiples running per server, since they've said they will be able to bring more campaigns on-line as needed to support the population, so I don't anticipate them allowing more players to join a campaign than the number of concurrent players the system will allow. 

2. Yes you have 3 accounts, you need to logout/login each time (and if the servers are crowded, you'll get behind the VIP queue), you have to move each character to the same place (thanks to local banking) or have an intermediate each time you need to trade stuff, vessels included. Good luck if you're playing on the shadow or the dregs.

That's assuming the only reason to have multiple accounts is to have them all in the same campaign, but I want them to have three completely unique play styles.  Also good luck to anyone juggling equipment and vessels for multiple archetypes with a single inventory.  Players will also be making many trips to the bank, or putting a lot on the line to carry it all with them.  There could also be advantages to being able to have three characters in three different locations in a game where there is limited fast-travel.

I'll take the 1xVIP over 3 non VIP accounts all the day, something that I couldn't do with the previous system.

I voted yes to the poll because the best option right now, both in terms of money spent and time efficiency, is having 1xVIP and 1xnonVIP account (for crafting), which is far better than the previous 3xnonVIP accounts, or more, that also made VIP useless.

Over the course of 52 Weeks if skills train to proficiency at a rate of 1 per week. The rate really doesn't matter but to illustrate the point.

One Account + V.I.P: 1 General Skill + 3 Archetype Skills x 52 = 208 Skills Trained - cost over one year = Box$ + $120

Three Accounts (No V.I.P): 3 General Skills + 3 Archetype Skills x 52 = 312 Skills Trained - cost over one year = 3 x Box$

True the additional 104 skills are all General Skills but that's a lot of crafting, combat, or exploration related benefits that single-account holders, simply will not get.

Over the course of 52 Weeks if skills train to proficiency at a rate of 1 per week. The rate really doesn't matter but to illustrate the point.

One Account + V.I.P: 1 General Skill + 3 Archetype Skills x 52 = 208 Skills Trained - cost over one year = Box$ + $120

Three Accounts (No V.I.P): 3 General Skills + 3 Archetype Skills x 52 = 312 Skills Trained - cost over one year = 3 x Box$

True the additional 104 skills are all General Skills but that's a lot of crafting, combat, or exploration related benefits that single-account holders, simply will not get.

Might have missed something but I don't remember them saying that we no longer have access to all skills. Pretty sure its always been that if someone wanted to train all skills available they can but obviously it'll take a really long time. If its changed can point me to where its been said that if you start to train down one path it locks you off to others?

When I said that single-account holders "will not get", I was referring to the 104 additional skill points accrued by a triple account holder over a fixed time span.  Given an infinite amount of time, everybody will have everything and the whole passive skill training system becomes moot, but the truth is time does matter because games have lifespans and so do we and the time need to max everything will be stupid high.  So for people that value their time and want access to the full depth of play styles without waiting decades, I am saying, consider multiple accounts. 

There WILL be a difference in the rate of skill acquisition that favors multiple accounts vs one account + V.I.P, because you are talking about 3:3 vs 1:3, so for every 6 skill points a triple account holder earns, a single account holder earns 4. That's a 50% advantage to those who are math impaired.  Those extra skills are in the General Skills categories only, but there is enough in those categories to make me want to diversifiy.  Even though we don't know the actual rate of skill acquisition it doesn't change the fact that, multiple account holders will have that lead grow for years and it will take years more for that lead to diminish after they've trained everything.  Unless there are synergy bonuses between the three different general skills categories, that incentivize you delving into each path on a single character, you would come out ahead by having three distinct characters, each focused on a role.

Have your favorite combat archetype on an account, have a Forgemaster or w/e on another account, have a Stalker, Ranger, or Duelist on a third account.  Sure you can fight with any of the archetypes w/o spending jack into the combat skills, but you could also do so without spending into that archetype, but why would you.  You can't craft without spending points into those skills, can you?  How effective will you be at scouting without skills in exploration? You can diversify and be mediocre at a lot of things or specialize and have some options completely off limits to you. 

Might have missed something but I don't remember them saying that we no longer have access to all skills. Pretty sure its always been that if someone wanted to train all skills available they can but obviously it'll take a really long time. If its changed can point me to where its been said that if you start to train down one path it locks you off to others?