Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Navtyr

Will you use more than one account?

Will you use more than one account?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use more than one account?

• Yes, i already bought more than one (and will use them myself)
    • I will use the second key that came with my CE
    • No (comment why)
    • I am honestly thinking about buying another one
    • I will wait for more info about skill progression

I will not and I think that MMO's should have 1 account per person bounde to their NIN or DNA or something. I don't see any real reason to actually want more than 1 account anyway. I think people who want to have more so they can have crows with focuses on specific skills is ok but that should then be handled by 1 account rather than having to have 2 to do it. I think of it as cheating a little bit. If I ever make an MMO (yeah right good joke lol) I would have people provide evidence they are who they say they are and get 1 account per person EVER. I think it also makes people less likely to be nasty to other people for the sake of it because if they were banned it would be a lifetime ban from the game. Their only option would be to get a new identity ha.

Sorry I raved a bit!

zFzmJQw.jpg

I always thought account switching to be cumbersome so it's almost a NO. But I do want to know about the skill progression before making up my mind definitely.

Hi Kujo! Here's a guild invite and here's full permissions on the guild storage since you're going to be crafting for us.

We can trust you're not a spy, right? ;)

Nope ... Kujo isnt a spy, he is an all time sweet baby.

Nope I see no reason to have multiple accounts and if i have to have them to be competitive then I wont be playing.

Lf6MJUL.png

Shinra - Full Member

I like how some people claim that if you need to have multiple accounts to be competitive, you won't be playing. That's so pretty. As much as i don't want that to happen, i'm calling bull$hit.

You already paid good money for a high pledge, let's say something in 150-250$ range. So you'd rather quit and throw that money away (or bother selling account), missing out a potentially good game you've been following for a year or two, rather than pay another 40 bucks for an extra account (if you even end up playing 'competitively'). Right... Like there's a saturated market of good MMOs out there you'd rather play.

Sure, i get it, you're trying to make a statement. But cut the crap, you're still gonna play.

Edited by Navtyr

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

I don't really care about playing so competitively that I need one more account. That's going to be the difference between being in the top 1% and the top 5%. It's not that big a deal. 

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

I've never really been a big fan of running alts, just something about it ruins the fun for me, and now that we can inhabit multiple vessels, I have even less desire to. I'll stick with 1 account.

Same here.  I hate running alts and even in Shadowbane where you could stick a healer on yourself on autofollow it really only helped in PvE.  The way they have the skills set up tho it might benefit people in the long run to save money by running multiple accounts.  Will be interesting to see how they solve that. 

FpOqn82.jpg

Playing alternate accounts isn't the best way to save money playing CF.

The cheap way to go is to play 1 account with VIP and sell stuff or your services for more VIP tickets.

EB KS contributors got a digital copy and a VIP ticket for $30.

By the time that ticket runs out, you should have picked up another token if you're any good.

When CF first launches, VIP will be the least valuable it ever will be until the game fails (hopefully never fails).

Eventually the price for VIP will likely be = a fully-equipped vessel with decent gear and runestones or a month's loyalty in a campaign.

Either paid up front.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I purchased my main Amber account through Kickstarter.

I'm interested in purchasing a second Sapphire account through GameStop.  I buy most of my games through them & have a card that gives rewards.  Opening up this avenue  will provide additional advertising & notoriety for the game.  Please let me know if this course is worth pursuing.

I'm late to the discussion so I'll just say my why. 

I'll probably get a second account for role play reasons.

I want my different archetypes to have distinct personalities which doesn't mesh well with the concept of one crow per account.

On the plus side it also means I have little interest in VIP which will save me money.

just one, and just pvp, archetype progression...

for the other things i´ll hoply have some friends , which support me with the other things...

(i dont like the idea of an MUST HAVE, and i dont like the idea that everbody can make everthing (GW2 like) it killed my mmo expectations)

you want more, buy another account! my advantage of this is at least the support of the game (more money, more possibilities)

didnt they say in one of the vids that while they allow people to get them they will discourage people from playing with multiple accounts. Not shure how they are gonna do it but with that in my mind i will not buy another acc.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

Having more accounts over VIP status sure is looking better now but i doubt ACE likes this, it's bad financialy but it also messes with their sales data. So i'll wait, if it turns out having more accounts is better i'll probably buy 1 or two, but i hope they make VIP better so i can get that instead.

Multibox? In a game focused around melee combat with friendly fire?

Good luck.

this is what will prevent alts from being all too useful. because you have to actively AIM to fire and hit anything. unless all 17 of your alts are standing on top of each other, that aiming won't work for all of them even if multiboxing is 100% legal and you are multiplexing/broadcasting to all 17 game clients. at best, you might be able to use alts to run your supplies to a POI while another stealthy type covers them.

the other aspect is people who have multiple accounts will also often be willing to pay more to play them all, "whales" is the term i've seen used as far as income generated from them. there are people who run 40 subscribed accounts in eve at $15/month every month. banning multiple accounts outright cuts off that level of funding.

full disclosure: i have 4 accounts and will probably stick with that number. i will likely only ever use 2 at once and likely only ever with one active and one sneaky type as backup. the primary purpose, atleast in my mind with the early data available, for multiple accounts is so i will have character slot availability to participate at some level in every campaign that comes around. i will also very likely keep all four as VIP long term or permanently.

Edited by Kalus_Konkwest