Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nefastus

Swgemu

Anyone playing it/played it? I didn't get to play SWG when it was live but I've heard a bunch of good things about it, especially Pre-CU (or whatever it was). Now I'm considering dubbling with Emu but I'm curious about others' opinions about it and if it's worth a shot.

I saw one that I tried to set up, but I had a technological fail and never quite got around to it.  The screen caps made the environment look naked and empty, though, so I stopped trying.  And yeah, Pre-CU was the way to go.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I loved SWG, but when I played the emu a few months back, I just didn't have the same feeling. A big part of SWG for me was exploring the unexplored. The game was such a sandbox and so vast, that there was a story around every corner. The emu just doesn't give me the same thrill.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

I wanted to try out the SWGEmu but read that I had to get the actual CD to install the game.. Not sure if this is still true and if not than I'd play it for sure.

I wanted to try out the SWGEmu but read that I had to get the actual CD to install the game.. Not sure if this is still true and if not than I'd play it for sure.

They just "say" that but from what I know you just need to have a game installed.

It's terrible. You click on an opponent, stand there, and queue up abilities. You then go make a sandwich. 

I swear, that's what every screenshot I've seen of SWG emus looked like.  Just totally empty of any scenery.  Half the reason I loved SWG was the scope and visuals.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I swear, that's what every screenshot I've seen of SWG emus looked like.  Just totally empty of any scenery.  Half the reason I loved SWG was the scope and visuals.

Yeah, I've heard such great things about SWG (never got a chance to play it) and was really excited when I downloaded it.

But boy, was it terrible.

So what's the difference between SWG and SWGEmu besides population? They altered something?

I have it installed and jump in once a month or so for a few minutes. The game isn't as fun without the population. Usually there is only 3 to 10 people on. Kinda hard to do most of the stuff if there is no one else to interact with. But it's fun to ride around and reminisce.

Someday there will be a non-fantasy sandbox like SWG. Even if Crowfall get's it's right crafting and sandbox-wise, it's still fantasy. Fun, but not the same. I'm still hoping Blizzard put's out a Starcraft MMO sandbox with great crafting!

eEvERiW.jpg

SWG is dead

SWGEmu is being coded to run as SWG:ED Pre-Cu era ... publish 14.9 (ish)

If it was not in the live game at 'that' time frame it will not be in the EMU

the Test test server has from 0-20 people in it usually, the Live test server has 500 - 2600 people on it

Edited by BatchElder69

I have it installed and jump in once a month or so for a few minutes. The game isn't as fun without the population. Usually there is only 3 to 10 people on. Kinda hard to do most of the stuff if there is no one else to interact with. But it's fun to ride around and reminisce.

Someday there will be a non-fantasy sandbox like SWG. Even if Crowfall get's it's right crafting and sandbox-wise, it's still fantasy. Fun, but not the same. I'm still hoping Blizzard put's out a Starcraft MMO sandbox with great crafting!

I'm hoping Star Citizen fills that void, but I refuse to do the whole pre-pay thing with them.  I'll buy the finished game when it's out.

I loved pre CU SWG's I tried the Emu a few times but with so few people compared to when i used to play it was not as fun. Still just as laggy as the original game(hence queuing actions actually worked out). I remember the huge rebel vs imp city raids we would do. My first jedi kill(not apprentice). Someone in my guild unlocking force sensitivity for the first time and us having to save him as he was trying to make it to our city and not getting perma deathed. Oh the good ole days.

I loved pre CU SWG's I tried the Emu a few times but with so few people compared to when i used to play it was not as fun. Still just as laggy as the original game(hence queuing actions actually worked out). I remember the huge rebel vs imp city raids we would do. My first jedi kill(not apprentice). Someone in my guild unlocking force sensitivity for the first time and us having to save him as he was trying to make it to our city and not getting perma deathed. Oh the good ole days.

I missed permadeath.  This was the height of the empire, and all of these Jedi running in the open looked stupid as hell, lol,

SWGemu is coming along nicely... I check in from time to time and think anyone would be impressed with what they have achieved.  At the back of my mind however is the fact that it is an emulator and Disney might shut it down if the mood takes them, I'm not sure I could cope with investing more time in that game only to have it taken away from me again :angry:

Same reason Sony didn't shut it down.

The gist of it was, the EMU is not in violation legal codes, as Sony said the Pre-NGE code for SWG:ED no longer exists in 'any' form.

The EMU charges no money and is only 'rebuilding' the game to a PRE-CU era.

anywho... it's what I got out of everything I have read