Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE Q&A for January

Pann

100% agree on choosing a god at the beginning of a campaign. It's a simple matter of putting gameplay first. 

I agree to an extent.  I think an important, implicit assumption in what Thomas and Todd were talking about is that you want to remove barriers between existing friends playing together.  One of the things that barriers do is help initiate new friendships and social mechanics.  It's not the only way to help players interact, but it can be useful; totally fine with it being excluded from the game, but it puts a little more pressure on making sure that other social mechanics function well.

I also suspect that there will be a long history of "lore-like" CW with barriers implemented, as they said.

One of the things that barriers do is help initiate new friendships and social mechanics.

I agree partially. Yes, barriers will certainly help initiate those. But, there are still (a lot) of barriers in Crowfall. Barriers between factions, deities and guilds still exist in campaigns.

For me personally and our guild this is great news and enables us to play together in all four bands and not only two.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

My concerns is can we farm monsters in Eternal kingdom to get equipment or materials from them?

If answer is yes then basically eternal kingdom is PvE world, since you toggle enable pvp or disable pvp.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

I agree partially. Yes, barriers will certainly help initiate those. But, there are still (a lot) of barriers in Crowfall. Barriers between factions, deities and guilds still exist in campaigns.

For me personally and our guild this is great news and enables us to play together in all four bands and not only two.

Indeed.  I also like the idea of having end of CW rewards by god, so that guilds which correspond and choose together will be rewarded.  

It was stated pretty early on that they were going to have monsters and low quality resources in the wilderness parcels of Eternal Kingdoms, but it wouldn't be anything substantial. With their design model already incorporating risk vs reward I don't think we need to worry about this.

Edited by zachdidit

My concerns is can we farm monsters in Eternal kingdom to get equipment or materials from them?

If answer is yes then basically eternal kingdom is PvE world, since you toggle enable pvp or disable pvp.

Well unless they just changed something, the answer is mobs only drop common crafting mats and not very many at that. However like said if they are going to spend the next few updates talking about the EK then perhaps they made changes in that regard. I hope not and I doubt they did because bottom line this is a PvP game first and foremost and I have faith they wouldn't just do stuff that goes against the design concpets they have been building upon so far.

100% agree on choosing a god at the beginning of a campaign. It's a simple matter of putting gameplay first.

Sounds like an EK info drop is imminent as well. Noice!

Noice Noice! Edited by dirtbag

The god selection is cool, but..

My character becomes a crow in the first place by submitting to a god. Once I am a crow, now I'm independent?

I can understand "changing" god's, but now it seems like "oh I'm going to align with this "minor" faction (god) in this campaign and this major faction in this campaign", etc... so god's are nothing more then minor factions, and you've lost a connection to the other people who would have served your god as well.

It does make sense in the hunger-domes arena thing though. A god: "Hey, for this battle, bow to me and I'll make you immortal" Your character: "Ok!" > battle ends, your still immortal, and a mercenary.

Mercenary. It can be fun to be one, but does one have to be one? If anyone's played Warframe, you could probably understand how alone you can feel, even if aligned to a (rather hollow) syndacite.

Now, what about, in the beginning you bow and then serve your god, in every 'faction vs faction' & 'god vs god' campaign, until you switch god's? That would make them a little more personable (not to mention now you can socialize with those under the same god, being something parallel to guilds), and more useful then banners and hollow minor factions.

I mean, think of the possibilities having the god's as their own faction-ish thing; suddenly you can rank up within the god's ranks, become managers of the god's land, being able to command npc's aligned with the god (this would be cool too, but a tangent suggestion), bear god-livery and banners, etc. What fun!

"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light." ~ Arca Jeth, Star Wars Legends