Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Updating/revising/adding FAQs

One of my highest priorities is to get the FAQ section spiffed up. Gameplay stuff is the bailiwick of Todd, Blair and Tully, so I'll share that sort of content as they prepare it for publication. For now, I'll be focusing more on the services side of things. I would like to make it less of an egg hunt for people to find commonly requested information such as how to change their avatars, whether or not to unbundle their pledge packages and all that jazz. 

Please share your suggestions for FAQ topics and questions to answer. Also, if you would like to volunteer to help piece these FAQs together, let me know. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

These will be FAQs that are in the FAQ section of the website where people can find them more easily than having to dig through the forums like they do now. 

Pann, I don't know how useful I will be, but if you still need help, I am willing to assist.

I definitely think think FAQs over pledge package gifting, unbundling, and consuming among other things would be helpful as well as a FAQ over forum things for those needing help with avatar, signature, and maybe forum ranks (I know some people like to know that scale and the titles with them).

Edited by FrostSword

nz8Y2JJ.jpg

I was just thinking about how the FAQs make you click on the question to see the answer, which is tedious if someone is churning through them, and annoying if they're trying to CTRL-F for a specific word.  That's all I can think of, so far.

forums

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

PROFILE:

forum badges:

-forum badge can be selected on the website under Account / Forum Badges

-badge level depends on the total amount of purchases

-badge version depends on the time of the purchase : KS, 2015, 2016

PERMISSIONS:

new users:

-a pledge package is required to post on the community forums

-registered guests can post for 30 days in the Welcome to Crowfall section

-30 days after registration, all sections will convert to read-only for all non-backers

MODERATION:

•the Great Hall, rules:

-the Great Hall is a section dedicated to discussions about the Rules of Conduct, the customer support and all things related to ACE policies

-the Report tool, located below forum posts, can be used in cases of violations of the Terms of Service

-Ignore Preferences, located in My Profile / Manage Ignore Prefs, can be used to block posts, signatures and private messages from another user

-a list of the moderators and ACE personal is accessible by clicking on "The Moderator Team" at the bottom right corner of the forum

1 2

website

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

STORE:

layaway:

-information on current layaway appears under Account / Backer Rewards

-1 item at the time, any upgrade, package or item that costs $100 or more, can be used to purchase items in sale

-18 months to pay the balance, down payment is 15% of the price or $20 (whichever is higher)

-payments can be made at any time, minimum of $20 per payment

-same price than regular purchases, no up-charge

-existing package that is upgraded with this method gets removed (excepting badges and testing privilege)

-rewards from a new package are gained once it is fully paid

-upon cancellation, the money paid is converted in store credits and the initial package is returned to the account

1 2 3 4 5

wallet:

-information on current funds is shown on the website in Account / Manage Wallet

-store credits are deposited in the Wallet

-funds in the Wallet can be spent on anything in the store (packages, items, upgrades)

-additional funds can be purchased

upgrading a package:

-all the rewards from the current package are retained during the upgrade

-once a package has been consumed, it can not be upgraded

-by upgrading a package, current badges are retained and new badges become available, up to the level of the upgrade

consuming a package:

-consuming a pledge package permanently links its rewards to the account and makes package upgrades impossible

-consuming a pledge package allows the backer to gift, upgrade or redeem certain of the rewards it contains

-a backer willing to upgrade a package that has been previously consumed may contact ACE customer support at support@artcraftent.com

-testing privileges are granted to an account whether the package is consumed or not

1 2

redeeming an item for credits:

-only a very limited number of items can be redeemed for store credits

-if an item can be redeemed for store credits, it is indicated in the Redeemable column under Account / Backer Rewards

stronghold upgrade and trade-in:

-a stronghold can be upgraded on the store once the pledge package is consumed

-stronghold upgrades allow a backer to change a small or medium stronghold into a larger stronghole of the same type

-stronghold trade-ins will allow a backer to exchange one type of stronghold for another

-on the store, strongholds that can be upgraded will have an 'upgrade available' banner

-a backer who owns a $40 stronghold and upgrade to a $60 one will have to pay the difference ($20)

-the previous stronghold is removed from the account upon payment and replaced with the upgraded stronghold

-all strongholds will have an upgrade path up to the Imperial Palace level

1 2

gifting rewards:

-the giver and the recipient must have 2-factor authentication enabled on their account

-giftable items will show up as giftable on the website in Account / Backer Rewards

different versions of items:

-the differences between the Kickstarter, 2015 and 2016 versions of an item is purely cosmetic

payment methods:

-most major methods of payment supported globally, including PayPal, Amex, Visa, MasterCard, PaysafeCard, ClickandBuy and Bitcoin

•online shop:
-merchandise such as T-shirts and hoodies are also available in the store

total purchases:

-total purchases that equal or exceed a new pledge tier grant a new level badge of this tier

-total purchases that equal or exceed a new pledge tier with earlier access to test grant this new testing privilege

newsletter:

-As the Crow Flies is a weekly newsletter sent to all the users registered on the website

-it features a summary of the most notable updates, media coverage, videos and community content of the week

Beta group:

-new users are assigned to a Beta group that will allow them to participate to the tests at no cost

-the earlier a user registers an account on the website, the lower is the Beta group number and the earlier this user can join the tests

-the moment at which the Beta tests begin depends on how the development of the game goes

affiliate code:

-affiliate codes are given in certain circumstances (?)  by (???)

-entering an affiliate code at registration provides (???) benefits

account security:

-two-factor authentication provides additional account security

-it is mandatory for both parties in any gifting or trading transactions through the store

-2FA settings and information can be found on the website in Account / Security

GENERAL:

localization:

-website to be localized in German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Korean

fan kit, press kit:

-a press kit that contains photographs, artworks, icons and other images is available for download on the website under The Game / Press

•social media:

-ACE regularly publishes information on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and YouTube, including videos, images and updates

tests

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

playtest schedule:

-the playtest schedule can be found on the website by clicking on The Game

-the time zone used in the calendar should correspond to the user's time zone, time zone is displayed at the bottom of the calendar

testing phases:

-information about future testing phases is posted in advance in the News & Announcements forum

-Pre-Alpha Hunger Dome 1.0, that focused on combat mechanics, occurred in September and October 2015

-Pre-Alpha Hunger Dome 1.1, that focuses on combat mechanics, began in November 2015 and will last until February 2016

-Pre-Alpha Siege Perilous 2.0, that will focus on destruction and capture mechanics, will begin in March 2016

-the dates at which the other phases of test begin will depend on how the development of the game goes and how many testers are needed

1 2 3 4 5

•early access:

-early access allows backers to the test the game weekly during different phases of test

-when a new testing phase begins, the Pre-Alpha users are first invited, followed by the Alpha testers and Beta testers, if and when necessary

-emails are sent in advance to the backers who have an early access to inform them on the date and time of the tests

-testers can participate in the tests on any of the available servers, even if it is located in another region, however higher latency is expected in that case

-the order in which players join the tests is based on the testing group and the date of the first pledge

1 2

with FrostSword's contribution

Pretty much done with the list for now, feel free to use this info to create questions & answers.

Edited by courant101

How do I upload an avatar picture?

The upload function is disabled. Instead, upload your pic to a web host such as imgur.com and use the web link option.

How do I block seeing another user's posts?

You block in your profile, not theirs. Click your name at the very top right of any forum page and select "Manage ignore prefs".

What do I gain by buying or upgrading strongholds for my Eternal Kingdom?

Stronghold parcels contain building lots for shops, crafting stations, relic museums, and other buildings. Adding or upgrading strongholds gives you more building lots for whatever services you want to place in your kingdom.

What do the tax-free parcels in my Kickstarter package do?

When placed adjacent to a stronghold parcel in your kingdom, they will reduce the tax rate of any buildings placed on that stronghold.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

How do I trade items with another player/account?

There is no secure (symmetric) trading at the account level, but there is an item gifting feature. In order to give items to another account, both accounts must have 2-Factor Authentication enabled. Once this is done, browse to the Reward Gifting section of your account profile, select the items to transfer, and indicate the account which should receive them.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

stronghold upgrade and trade-in

*Never done a trade in 'cause I have didn't unbundle my pledge package,  but do have info on upgrades:

You can upgrade a stronghold even if you consumed your pledge package.

On the store the strongholds you can upgrade to will have an 'upgrade available' banner (picture coming soon)

If you own a $40 stronghold and upgrade to a $60 one you pay the difference ($20)

The previous stronghold is removed from your rewards upon payment and replaced with the upgraded stronghold

gifting rewards

*Working on this one*

​     -Both you and the person receiving the gift must have 2-factor authentication enabled

- Giftable items will show up as giftable in you reward list

sales, discounts

differences between versions: KS, 2015, 2016

Is this difference between pledge packages, strongholds,something else?

I figure I might as well just contribute a bit to Courant's since it is closer to the top and having one location will be easier to find then tracking down everyone's posts. Hope some of that helps. Will continue looking (and finding pictures if possible cause some people like visual aids.

nz8Y2JJ.jpg

I figure I might as well just contribute a bit to Courant's since it is closer to the top and having one location will be easier to find then tracking down everyone's posts. Hope some of that helps. Will continue looking (and finding pictures if possible cause some people like visual aids.

Great! I'll add them to the list. If anyone wants to build the format Q&A from the info in the list, would be cool, I struggle with sentence construction.

Is this difference between pledge packages, strongholds,something else?

Yea, like "What are the differences between the Kickstarter and 2015 versions of the Nightmare mount?" "Only cosmetic, etc etc..."

Edited by courant101

What does consuming a pledge do? When should I consume?

A pledge is a package containing multiple items; consuming a pledge is the same as opening the package and taking out the items inside. If you want to be able to trade or gift individual items from within your pledge, you will have to consume before you can do that. If you are not interested in trading items within your pledge, you should not consume yet since you cannot upgrade a pledge package after consume it. You will need to consume at time of final release in order to gain access to all of your pledge rewards in the live game, but you do not need to consume in order to get the testing access your package includes.

Edited by Jihan

Tully

Why don't I have an option to upgrade my pledge package to a higher tier?

If you have consumed your pledge package then you cannot upgrade it. If none of the items in your pledge bundle have been traded away, ACE support may be able to repack your bundle and allow you to upgrade it. Email support@artcraftent.com for further help. Also, if you purchased a Kickstarter pledge package and then upgraded that pledge to a higher-tier 2015 pledge package, no further package upgrades are possible: upgrading between pledge generations is a complex process which doesn't exactly match a simple purchase of the later-generation pledge.

Some of my backer rewards have a "Redeem" option - what is this?

Redeeming a reward means returning it for store credit. In some cases ACE will offer an option to decline a reward that was included in a bundle and receive an equivalent credit to your wallet instead, which can then be used for any other items in the store.

Tully

I'd like to explain why this fell off the radar and assure that it wasn't forgotten. 

The original FAQ interface wasn't good. The second iteration was better but still not good. We're still deciding whether to fix V2 or go for a third iteration. 

he challenge stems from inter-dependencies where multiple platforms & tools have to play well together plus we want to make sure things look great and are user-friendly to both patrons of the site and the people who are updating the information on the backend. It's more complicated than one might imagine.

Currently, we are going through and editing the text of the older FAQs to make corrections and revise any outdated information. I spend time on it when I can; it's going to be a long process but we'll eventually get there. 

Your suggestions and feedback are invaluable and I appreciate all of it. 

Is there any way you can make a system where prescreened people can make suggestions/corrections, then you can review before it posts? Take some of the burden off and increase available information? If it was easy to make corrections and additions, I'm sure there are many here that are willing to help.