Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Illara and the gathering of the gods - Official discussion thread

Pann

I still don't understand how Maeve fits on the order side? Being all bit*hy, her reign would bring only suffering, her anger is legendary, grudges eternal, swore to destroy Gaea etc. Okay she's cranky cause she was dumped on earth, big deal. It would make sense to be angry at her 'superior' brothers cause there's no father to be disgruntled at, but why Gaea, why reign of suffering and most of all why ORDER? *heavy breathing*

Speak to me Todd.

Good work on the pantheon and art of course.

Edited by Navtyr

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

I still don't understand how Maeve fits on the order side? Being all bit*hy, her reign would bring only suffering, her anger is legendary, grudges eternal, swore to destroy Gaea etc. Okay she's cranky cause she was dumped on earth, big deal. It would make sense to be angry at her 'superior' brothers cause there's no father to be disgruntled at, but why Gaea, why reign of suffering and most of all why ORDER? *heavy breathing*

Some of the most violent dictators have committed atrocities in the name of order and peace; it's not too big of a stretch.

Holy Mother of Cats!

Illara is one Badass I could get behind XD

Also, some links in the Pantheon articles (like the one in D'Orion's article) redirect to the homepage. Just FYI

Edited by coolster50

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

As Arkade noted, Order does not mean Good. While destructive rage is not normally what you think of when you think of Order, in this Pantheon all the gods seem to harbor some rage. Even Cybele likes to rage when she's not laughing and dancing.

Here is a quote from Todd in an early interview:

I broke our Pantheon into three factions: Order, Chaos and Balance (I'm a huge Moorcock fan, obviously) and I crafted personalities and relationships between them to give the player a sense of starting the game “in media res.” I want these feuds to feel like they go back forever; these grudges were accumulated over thousands upon thousands of years. I also specifically write the lore from a third-party perspective, so that the original cause of every wrong is debatable… to give every faction a strong base for righteous indignation, so they can point fingers at everyone else for every problem, real and imagined.

My pantheon was also hugely inspired by Zelazney’s Amber series; I prefer Gods that are petty and self-serving. “Order” and “Chaos” can be equally terrible; that is much more interesting to me as a concept than “white hat” good guys and “black hat” villains.
Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Hmm.... Illara seems to be both a symbol of hope and hopelessness.

Edit:Broken link on Kane's Page, at the bottom it links to http://crowfall.com/gods/dorion/ rather than http://crowfall.com/pantheon/dorion/  The link on D'Orion's page back to Kane's has the same issue.

Edited by yamix

Broken link on Kane's Page, at the bottom it links to http://crowfall.com/gods/dorion/ rather than http://crowfall.com/pantheon/dorion/  The link on D'Orion's page back to Kane's has the same issue.

Also, some links in the Pantheon articles (like the one in D'Orion's article) redirect to the homepage. Just FYI

Many thanks. I'll fix those.

Ed Zavada, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Illara seems to be the first Frostweaver, too!

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

"In personality, Illara is aloof -- quickly tiring of the mundane matters of gods and men.  On those rare (and often fatal) occasions when she deigns to talk with mortals, she seems unconcerned with the Hunger and the fate of the mortal races.

She represents Balance in perhaps its most sincere form: she simply does not care."

Genius! Great! But I have sworn Gaea fealty because she made my fellow Guinecean to what we are today.

If it wasnt for that I would go with Illara because I feel alike to her.

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Genius! Great! But I have sworn Gaea fealty because she made my fellow Guinecean to what we are today.

If it wasnt for that I would go with Illara because I feel alike to her.

I wouldn't if I were you rat-boy, I suppose you didn't notice the unique heraldic design on her escutcheon, you certainly don't want to end up like that rodent do you? 

Check yo cognitive dissonance cavy

:)

So, let's see how things are.

Maeve hates Gaea for some reason.

All the gods don't want Maeve becoming King.

Maeve is strongest fighter of the gods.

Arkon [Justice] and Gaea [Life] were married by convenience, not Love [Capital "L" for some reason].

Kane, the bulky and bearded smith, wanted the Sun as his domain, but got the Moon.

The Moon is the World Serpents' egg.

Two World Serpents [King and Queen] are tied in a knot and holds up all the worlds, staying still to avoid breaking its egg.

The Moon is shattered, and Kronos was at the scene of the crime.

Zaleena is a child of the World Serpents, stolen and raised in secret by Malakai.

Hero fought for the All-Father Valkyn against the World Serpents in the War of Dragons.

Hero angered the gods [unsure which] and was damned into becoming the first Crow.

Gaea gave birth to the Stoneborn as she died, and [unconfirmed] at the same time gave intellect to the Guineceans.

Cybelle, Gaea, and Yaga are all manifestations of the same entity.

Arkon challenged Kane to a duel.

D'Orion the Sky Hunter attacks Kane in [supposed] anger over his mother's [Gaea's] death.

D'Orion was killed by Kane in this ambush.

Illara like cats more than people and drama. Also very smart and travels the multiverse, apparently.

Edited by Dondagora

Here is a quote from Todd in an early interview:

Thanks for the quote, must have missed that. I hope Todd comes up with a good answer for all of us wanting to know what happens with the 'dead' gods now, when even their servants can switch bodies on the fly.

Either way, someone will pay...

N8mz5Gw.jpg

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

Loving the new page, and notice some new stuff here and there (like the brief blurb on Kronos and his son's estrangement). Admittedly I'm a bit disappointed in D'Orion's page, it's by far the shortest and doesn't tell us much about him other than Kane slew him. I'm sure that'll be embellished in due time though.

At least she has abio page, not just a couple of paragraphs out of the lore book as a placeholder.

ACE is busy making the actual game.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka