Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
siberain

What engine do you think they will be using..

Hopefully one they created specifically for this game. It tends to allow them full flexibility with the mechanics and might allow them to create something fairly optimized.

For the love of god don't use the HERO engine. Make your own instead and build your game around it. Its the best way to do it in my opinion. Like that your not having to cut corners because your using someone else's engine. 

For the love of god don't use the HERO engine. Make your own instead and build your game around it. Its the best way to do it in my opinion. Like that your not having to cut corners because your using someone else's engine. 

I highly doubt they are using the hero engine. 30% of revenue is given to the makers of the Hero engine. That is far too much, and is probably why it is not used as often as it might be otherwise.

EOWWuhQ.png 

I am going to assume they will be using their own engine, which would be a good thing.

It may be more time consuming, but it'll be worth it.

I highly doubt this. Takes awhile to build a proper engine. Wildstar was in development for over 6 years and in the end the game still ran like ass.

My personal opinion, don't care I just want 

GAMEPLAY > Graphics  , I don't give a two hoots what the tree looks like next to the guy I hopefully will be pk'in and looting all his spoils. ( hopeful to full loot once again )

I highly doubt this. Takes awhile to build a proper engine. Wildstar was in development for over 6 years and in the end the game still ran like ass.

Yes, custom engines offer the most flexibility, but they take, what it seems, longer to make than the game. 

Mount and Blade: Warband is using its own engine, and the engine alone, I believe, took about a year or two to make (possibly more).

EOWWuhQ.png 

Unity if they want cross-platform support.

ma-sig.png
Merketh: "If you are looking for a loot grind that's equivalent to PvE raid experiences of other MMO's, where you max your ilevel, wait for the next content patch, rinse repeat then this is absolutely not the game for you."

Unity makes you work fast and is good for multi-platform.
Unluckily is less powerfull about graphics and optimization.
Yet i do really like lite-graphic games, 'cause i think many developers have pointed out too much energy in graphic in the last years and have not worked enough on the gameplay. However, light graphic tends to be awfull unless is toonish, wich may be unapropriate.

don't have high hopes, but the ps2 forgelight engine was pretty good for the amount of players...

As much as I love forgelight as well, I truly doubt Sony would hand out their tech to their competitors.

As much as I love forgelight as well, I truly doubt Sony would hand out their tech to their competitors.

When it comes to leasing, renting, or sharing their technology, I consider Sony to be the stingiest. Microsoft has released tons of software for gamers, non-gamers, and developers to use at least.

EOWWuhQ.png