Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Renddor

What happened to Gaea?

So Gaea the Earth Mother was married to Arkon. Then Gaea gave birth/created Humans, then the deer/elk people and then she died creating/giving birth to the Forgemaster race. Then Arkon blames Kane for Gaea's death and arranges a trial by combat but kane shows up unarmed and confesses ,then D'orion attacks Kane but is killed. So Arkon says that Kane is innocent of Gaea's death but still holds a grudge against Kane?

So the Forgemaster race comes from Gaea and Kane? Like how is Kane to blame for Gaea's death?

Many of the stories have not yet been told, and none of the stories that have been told are guaranteed to be true.

We don't know what happened. We probably never will. Pick a story that makes sense to you and go with it.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Shadowbane lore had many of the same problems and inconsistencies. The story changes based on who is telling it and what their worldview is. Just as the war we're supposed to be fighting for control of the Dragon Throne may be futile, so too may the quest for truth. It's a tragic tale by design, if I'm reading J. Todd correctly.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

I hope it stays broad as we go forward.

And by "go with it" I mean "kill anyone who picks a different story, in righteous fury at their blasphemy".

Because this.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

What happened to Gaea? She faked her own death so she could work under the radar with the whole saving life and the cosmos thing. She had her battle buddy Khronos draw attention (and suspicions) to himself with the whole moon thing because, seriously, no one wants to f with Khronos and doing nothing is literally the job description for her needs...  and that seems to be all that Khronos is good at.

So yeah, us true Gaea believers out there are going to be super busy killing everyone to make room for all that life she's going to save. ;)

Edited by Cerulean Shaman

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

What happened to Gaea? She faked her own death so she could work under the radar with the whole saving life and the cosmos thing. She had her battle buddy Khronos draw attention (and suspicions) to himself with the whole moon thing because, seriously, no one wants to f with Khronos and doing nothing is literally the job description for her needs...  and that seems to be all that Khronos is good at.

So yeah, us true Gaea believers out there are going to be super busy killing everyone to make room for all that life she's going to save. ;)

Kane destroyed the moon. Kronos just showed up.

... On the death of Gaea, when the Heavens rang with a deafening crack – a sound which echoed like the blow of hammer on anvil – those who looked to the sky could see that the Moon was shattered. ...

The Moon was given to Kane by his dad, The All-Father. On which Kane's Forge was built.

... Below them in succession you have the All-Father’s eldest sons, twins Arkon and Kane. As their birthright they were gifted the Sun and the Moon. (Which, for the record, is also where everything started to go very wrong.) ... 

Also, Gaea is the Wife of Arkon... my assumption is Kane was also in love with Gaea, but she was loyal to Arkon and she either took her own life or was killed by Kane accidentally. (?)

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Many of the stories have not yet been told, and none of the stories that have been told are guaranteed to be true.

We don't know what happened. We probably never will. Pick a story that makes sense to you and go with it.

Saying that I'm kinda hoping eventually they'll flesh out the minor inconsistencies over time....

3e1fe97e6f8cb8b5d3e53745cdedd75a67909c97

Follow Us On Twitter ~ @SerratedGuild

I'm inclined to believe the Forgemaster guilt train that their birth/creation was Gaea's last conscious act, in that form. Now what exactly happened to kill her ( over exhaustion, murdered, sedoku) we don't and might never know.

I am still more concerned with what exactly happened to the moon, since that was the carrot stopping all the mortal worlds from literally falling out of the sky. Did Gaea accidentally hatch it with her dying breathe? Did Kane or Kronos break it as the felt Gaes slip into death?

Landmimes, the silent killer.

Saying that I'm kinda hoping eventually they'll flesh out the minor inconsistencies over time....

I think it more likely that over time we'll get more new questions than we do do definitive answers. JTC is definitely a fan of the JJ Abrams school of storytelling.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully