Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

The fun, yet gruesome, facts about vessels - Official discussion thread

I think of small import as (at the peak of small import) enough to outfit a person with a few top of the line gear sets; and Large import as enough to start building structures.

If our expectations are to be evidence-based, we must recognize that the most specific example of import rules we've yet been given through official channels is the original example of the import rules for God's Reach:

All equipped gear can be brought in

CWconcept2.jpg

While the vessels system decision likely affects the plans for import rules, there's no reason to suspect that it will change the scale of import. In the only specific example we have, the largest scale import allowance is smaller than what you are calling "small import". Expecting to be able to import large quantities of building materials does not seem to be reasonable until we are given clear indication of the possibility.

Edited by hamopeche

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

, just like someone from the Dregs might trade with someone from God's Reach in exchange for a poem.

I will definitely write poems for people who want to give me stuff.

I asked this last year:

Something I am not sold on is marrying FFA rulesets to "Terminator-style" fresh starts.  I do like that idea on its own as a variant, but for me, FFA rulesets are what I want to play.  I don't want to feel like that means that if I want to make use of the fancy stuff I acquire through victories on the Dregs I'll have to do that in a different (and less "hardcore") ruleset.

In a worst case, players who prefer FFA rulesets will be deprived of actually using the "high reward" they can get in the Dregs because those rewards can actually only be used elsewhere.

jtoddcoleman answered:

Oh, wow -- I need to clarify something.

These are all separate design knobs.  They aren't tied together.  We intend to have different rules settings for different Campaigns WITHIN each band. Not all "Dregs" campaigns are going to be the same.  The illustrations were only intended to get example settings that we think will work well together; not to say "every World in this band works exactly like this."

Again, it's about experimentation.  That's why I am comfortable talking about ideas like the ones that I brought up, above -- the design architecture was specifically created to allow us to try out different options, to see what takes.  

Todd

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Let's keep in mind, in the original example rule sets for the world bands, it wasn't The Dregs that was indicated as having no import, it was The Shadow, one world band out from The Dregs. What do you think that implies about The Dregs?

Clearly signing up for a Dregs campaign will have negative import, immediately putting resources from the CW into your EK.

On a different note, I think many here arguing about risk in different rulesets would benefit from reading about Opportunity Cost.

Seems very interesting and outside of the box......need to know a-lot more about it though before I can formulate an opinion, definitely

a cool idea.

For the night is dark and filled with terrors.

Have you never played an MMO before? In what game has there ever been a "best Crafter in the game"?

IF there were such a thing as a "best Crafter in the game", why would that crafter be any more likely to be in an EK than The Dregs? In fact, wouldn't that crafter be far more likely to be in a The Dregs campaign, so she'd have the greatest access to the most top-end resources, which certainly would be necessary to be the "best Crafter in the game" in the first place? You're arguing against yourself, and you don't even realize it.

Just reading through the thread at the moment, but I'd like to address this point. Apologies if it already has been.  The "best crafter in the game" is going to be both the crafter with the highest crafting skill set, and the ability to craft.  Almost certainly, this person will reside in the Eternal Kingdoms simply for the purpose of continuity of service.  They will purchase the rare resources from players and guilds who frequent The Dregs, certainly, but if they themselves situate themselves in The Dregs, they will lose out on custom from the other rulesets, not to mention have considerable downtime at the start of each campaign.

Also, when I personally refer to "the best crafter in the game", I refer to the top tier of dedicated crafters.  Jimmy who does a bit of crafting for the guild on the side doesn't cut the mustard here.

Edited by NostrusUK

Just reading through the thread at the moment, but I'd like to address this point. Apologies if it already has been.  The "best crafter in the game" is going to be both the crafter with the highest crafting skill set, and the ability to craft.  Almost certainly, this person will reside in the Eternal Kingdoms simply for the purpose of continuity of service.  They will purchase the rare resources from players and guilds who frequent The Dregs, certainly, but if they themselves situate themselves in The Dregs, they will lose out on custom from the other rulesets, not to mention have considerable downtime at the start of each campaign.

Also, when I personally refer to "the best crafter in the game", I refer to the top tier of dedicated crafters.  Jimmy who does a bit of crafting for the guild on the side doesn't cut the mustard here.

Players can travel between the campaigns and the EKs. There's no reason a crafter can't join a campaign and still spend time working deals in the EKs.