Find results in...

Eternal Kingdoms Parcel FAQ - Official discussion thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the best bit of info in this FAQ wasn't even directly related to EK's but was the chart showing resource availability/scarcity. I think it scales perfectly. T8 only available in the Dregs. Onl

ressources will be harvested 24/7 in EKs with macros...just fyi

I think this answer was meant for another FAQ.

Sounds wonderful, and I must admit I like the idea of a parcel being able to generate very small quantities of resources, hopefully enough to help pay for its taxes. I do have a concern about the section "can spawners be placed anywhere" as it doesn't seem to apply well to the actual spawners. It talks of battle formations and has the exact same text as the "can players block other players from moving?" section of the Physics FAQ. 

Love the work you guys are doing and am really excited to see how it goes!

6. Can spawners be placed anywhere?

Yes they can, which should allow for some interesting battlefield formations. However, not all characters will have the same mass, so a larger character like a Centaur will have no trouble pushing a much smaller Assassin out of the way. Also, some characters may have special powers that enable them to teleport past other players, while others may have powers that prevent players from passing them. Controlling the battlefield will be a key strategy to master!

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Great info! Looking forward to design our own guild EK world. I see no faults in this design so far. More risk is more rewards is exactly what we get with this.

Best line in the FAQ:

Want to make a parcel contain a zombie village with a concentration of oak in the center? (Because reasons!)

:D

Edit: Zombie spawner!

f0a4b9fa5a.png

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Agreed, this looks like a reply to a different question.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

We were originally told that resource parcels were not buildable. Is it still the case that spawners et al must be placed on stronghold parcels?

We were also told that the stronghold structure was a parcel feature, not a buildable item, but the FAQ on building assets refers to placing a stronghold on a parcel. Please clarify.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Great info! Looking forward to design our own guild EK world. I see no faults in this design so far. More risk is more rewards is exactly what we get with this.

Best line in the FAQ:

:D

I hope it is truly beautiful and you invite me to come visit. I've been enjoying fishing in BDO and hopefully we can have fishing in the EKs for fun. Then we shall fish and be friends. 

xctwLnf.png

Aaaand my hype went up just a bit. Slightly amused by the allowance of resources, but I do enjoy the idea of setting up a zombie battlefield that surrounds a meager estate.

Also interesting grid on the scarcity of resources and how dregs almost everything is common.

Well spotted. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm fixing it now. The response is supposed to be: 

No. Since a parcel is already divided into lots, different areas of the parcel will be flagged for different purposes: some areas will be eligible for buildings and/or NPC spawners and/or resource spawners and/or nothing. Odds are you wouldn’t be able to place anything in lakes or on hillsides, for instance...

Think of each lot as a socket that has a color, only certain colors can be placed into that socket. Buildings can be placed into green sockets, NPCs can go into yellow, and resources can go into blue, grey are invalid for placing anything, and colorless sockets will accept any color.

NPC spawners will also have some additional default rules based on the power of the NPC it spawns. For example: a spawner that spawns an “elite” version of the NPC might have a very long respawn time. 

I think the best bit of info in this FAQ wasn't even directly related to EK's but was the chart showing resource availability/scarcity. I think it scales perfectly. T8 only available in the Dregs. Only up to T4 in EK. 

Once again, great job ACE! 

EK_ResourceChart1.png

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

I think the best bit of info in this FAQ wasn't even directly related to EK's but was the chart showing resource availability/scarcity. I think it scales perfectly. T8 only available in the Dregs. Only up to T4 in EK. 

Once again, great job ACE! 

EK_ResourceChart1.png

Even then, Tier 8 ore will be an extremely rare drop even in the Dregs. I expect that even after the first year of the game, Tier 8 gear will be extremely rare in any campaign or EK. If any of these high tier resources are prerequisites for building in the EK's, then the PvE players will have a definite incentive to get involved in the Campaigns.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV