Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eternal Kingdoms Parcel FAQ - Official discussion thread

Pann

Interesting. I hope to see the lower tier materials still being in demand due to their unique abilities to create equipment with exotic properties. I hopefully foresee a lot of people in less combat oriented roles, like crafters and explorers, being more interested in the additive elements than pure DPS or defensive values generated by armor, like shown here:

Crowfall_AlloyChart.jpg

I'd probably wear Sterling Silver in the field based on these values, so I had better hauls from resource collection (the main reason I'd be out and about would be for prospecting). I'd probably also keep some light Plated Tin and/or Bronze gear on hand for crafting.

I'm in moderate agreement with @freeze about the availability of resources in the EK's, though it remains a topic that can be designed around.  My follow up questions:

1. Will resources only be allowed to be imported at the beginning of campaigns, or will some allow you to import certain amounts every so often?

2. Were the resources in the EK's included to allow people who are building their EK's to have a more consistent stream of ore/etc?

3. Will the resources available in the EK be limited exclusively to those which are use to make basic components or gear?

Effectively, when a group of players find the most efficient way to farm these resources, what is the cap to their capability?

Thanks!

People that are complaining about macroing resources in the EK don't understand the economics of EKs as explained. They've already stated that each EK will have a limit on spawners, a respawn time and a cost for upkeep. Think of a game like FarmVille, where you can plant a ton of crops all at once and then harvest them all at once. Your actual time spent gathering as negligible and the only important aspect of it is making sure you harvest before the timer runs out.

In Crowfall you may have 1,000 trees but, once you harvest them all you still have to wait the full duration of the respawn timer to gather more. Therefore your resources gathered in a 24 hour period is capped no matter if you chop them by hand or robot. You're still going to have a maximum potential income from it and you still have to take the resources, make something out of them and sell them. Not to mention the spawners will probably be exclusively crafted from CW mats.

Chances are slim that it will be easy to make a significant profit from it and even if you can, so can everybody else. Complaining about this is the same thing as complaining about passive training of skills.

People that are complaining about macroing resources in the EK don't understand the economics of EKs as explained. They've already stated that each EK will have a limit on spawners, a respawn time and a cost for upkeep. Think of a game like FarmVille, where you can plant a ton of crops all at once and then harvest them all at once. Your actual time spent gathering as negligible and the only important aspect of it is making sure you harvest before the timer runs out.

In Crowfall you may have 1,000 trees but, once you harvest them all you still have to wait the full duration of the respawn timer to gather more. Therefore your resources gathered in a 24 hour period is capped no matter if you chop them by hand or robot. You're still going to have a maximum potential income from it and you still have to take the resources, make something out of them and sell them. Not to mention the spawners will probably be exclusively crafted from CW mats.

Chances are slim that it will be easy to make a significant profit from it and even if you can, so can everybody else. Complaining about this is the same thing as complaining about passive training of skills.

There will be limits on the number of spawners per parcel. This means you could conceivably devote an entire EK to parcel spawns. With a large enough guild you could have multiple parcel "plantations" so that when one is on is on cooldown, the others are being farmed/harvested. Unlike the resource factories in the campaigns, these plantations aren't in pvp areas and aren't subject to any export rules. Yeah, they won't have any t5-8 resources, but anything which requires 1-4 will be no problem for them. In fact, they'll have a super abundance.

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Fantastic update.  Thanks, ACE.

One thing I'm fuzzy on...

Will there be commerce between EKs?

It seems like botting won't matter as much if you can't haul your low-grade building materials into the neighboring EK.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

USING THE PARCEL BUILDER, I CAN DROP SPAWNERS ON MY PARCEL?

Yes.

WHY WOULD I WANT TO SPAWN MONSTERS IN MY WORLD?

Beyond the fact that it’s cool, it’s also a way to generate resources.

Oh, that's greasy. Grea-hea-hea-heasy.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Having a place outside the campaign worlds where players can take their crafted goods and raw resources to market will require creative advertising on my part, to take full advantage of those zoning into my EK, as the administrator of my EK can I set the PvP rules to full loot? 

Will there be commerce between EKs?

They have spoken repeatedly about using EKs for commerce. Here are a few quotes from FAQs.

Having a larger parcel (like a Mountain Citadel, or an Imperial Palace) added to the World is highly valuable to any Monarch, especially one who is trying to build a mercantile empire, because it offers very efficient use of build space (number of available contiguous building lots), increases the concurrent player cap of the World, and increases the Kingdom’s visibility for other players when the Kingdom is set “public”.

All of which equates to a more popular Kingdom, increased commerce and a larger potential tax base.

Players will be able to visit those Eternal Kingdoms that are public. Players who want to create marketplace (or social hub) will want to set their Kingdom to public and create one or more attractive, easy to navigate marketplaces in that Kingdom to attract other players.

We also expect that some players will open up their personal Kingdoms as “marketplaces” for other players to come and sell their goods, and take a cut out of every transaction that occurs.

It wouldn't make much sense to advertise EKs as marketplaces and commerce hubs if there was no commerce between EKs.

Might there be some limits on import/export to EKs? I suppose it is possible. But I expect them to be pretty open.

IhhQKY6.gif

Yeah, they won't have any t5-8 resources, but anything which requires 1-4 will be no problem for them. In fact, they'll have a super abundance.

Explain to me (again) why this is a problem? Supply and demand will take care of this imo.

Something that seems to get overlooked: the factories will be in the CW's only, so while you might have a lot of raw material on your hands, it's pretty worthless unless you can import it in the campaign and process it.

3. WHAT ARE BUILDING ASSETS? WHAT CAN I DROP ON MY PARCEL?

Almost everything can be dropped on your parcel: buildings and strongholds, props (like a decapitated head-on-a-spike), resource spawners*, NPC and monster spawners -- you name it!

*Note that you can only drop “harvestable” resource spawners, not factories!  Harvestable resources require time and effort to create resources, like a tree that you chop down (using a crafted tool) to produce some wood.  Resource factories, like a timber mill or a quarry, that produce bulk materials can only be found in the Campaign Worlds.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Something that seems to get overlooked: the factories will be in the CW's only, so while you might have a lot of raw material on your hands, it's pretty worthless unless you can import it in the campaign and process it.

Where did they say you need to take your harvested resources to a campaign to process it?

IhhQKY6.gif

Regardless, I thought once upon a time we were told there would be no resources in the EK. flippity flop

It has been known since the KS campaign that there would be low-end resources in the EK's.

Where did they say you need to take your harvested resources to a campaign to process it?

Read FAQ question 3. I quoted it in my former post also.

ZCcquVD.png

It has been known since the KS campaign that there would be low-end resources in the EK's.

you misunderstood something...

ressources can be harvested with an axe from a tree for example... then you get wood

a lumber mill straight up produces materials... meaning you get lumber from it, not wood.

you can process the wood into lumber everywhere, not just in the CWs... maybe you need some tools or machines in buildings or whatever, but it is NOT limited to CWs.

Edited by freeze

I am not seeing anything that says you need to take resources to factories to process them.

That FAQ quote just says resource factories produce materials in bulk.

IhhQKY6.gif

Canth is misunderstanding what a factory is in Crowfall. Factories, are POIs that produce materials. Materials are bulk quantities of resources.

http://crowfall.com/en/faq/economy/

Edited by hamopeche

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

ressources can be harvested with an axe from a tree for example... then you get wood

a lumber mill straight up produces materials... meaning you get lumber from it, not wood.

you can process the wood into lumber everywhere, not just in the CWs... maybe you need some tools or machines in buildings or whatever, but it is NOT limited to CWs.

Yeah, I can see it work like that. After reading the question again I can see where I went wrong. Still, if you need lumber to upgrade or repair your buildings it looks like doing it by hand seems rather inefficient.

Canth is misunderstanding what a factory is in Crowfall. Factories, are POIs that produce materials. Materials are bulk quantities of resources.

Yup, thought it was a building on a POI that would need raw resources to process it into something usable.

I am not seeing anything that says you need to take resources to factories to process them.

Yup, you are correct.  :) Misunderstanding on my part.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png