Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Eternal Kingdoms Parcel FAQ - Official discussion thread

I sure hope so...  in fact if you become a complete forum dumbass and do this, I hope to come pk you for fun and take your stuff...  on a regular schedule.   FYI, What you say on the forums will bite you... unless you have good team backup.

Keaggan pointed out to me in this thread that the EK management tool currently allows PvP zones by region or province within the EK and pvp rules are not set necessarily at the EK level only.  http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/10704-fla-town-crier-pvp-pve-rp/?p=254820

So theoretically you could have safe and pvp regions in a marketplace EK. Probably not a good idea in case unsuspecting shoppers enter the wrong region but it can be done. 

FpOqn82.jpg

I hope a primary concern is the prevalence of gold farmers/sellers being in the game and the EKs with PvP off as the method to be viable...  in CWs we should be able to thwart farming enough to make it untenable to any but real players and guilds but the EKs need to be limited to a gold value of resource spawns per hour that just doesn't make it profitable compared to other games.  Originally we were to have a barter market and no currency but that has changed and any in game currency gets exploited IF it is farm-able without risk...   EK spawners have to have limitations on value to outside game sellers or the economy gets fooked.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I would love so much to be able to hang around in our EKs with other people.

I think practicing pvp tactics and having tournaments will also be a nice social draw to the EK's. 

FpOqn82.jpg

Keaggan pointed out to me in this thread that the EK management tool currently allows PvP zones by region or province within the EK and pvp rules are not set necessarily at the EK level only.  http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/10704-fla-town-crier-pvp-pve-rp/?p=254820

So theoretically you could have safe and pvp regions in a marketplace EK. Probably not a good idea in case unsuspecting shoppers enter the wrong region but it can be done. 

This is correct, It is a Throne war and those sitting on the seats of power in zones and regions will set the rules, not the individuals owning the EKs...   ideally you are aligned somehow with the lord of your region and have similar views to the local PvP rules which will change with new rulers as CWs reward guilds and leaders.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I hope a primary concern is the prevalence of gold farmers/sellers being in the game and the EKs with PvP off as the method to be viable...  in CWs we should be able to thwart farming enough to make it untenable to any but real players and guilds but the EKs need to be limited to a gold value of resource spawns per hour that just doesn't make it profitable compared to other games.  Originally we were to have a barter market and no currency but that has changed and any in game currency gets exploited IF it is farm-able without risk...   EK spawners have to have limitations on value to outside game sellers or the economy gets fooked.

Even Shadowbane had gold sellers and that game was high risk for unprotected farming. 

FpOqn82.jpg

I kind of like the idea of having different tiers of land value in your EK. The outer areas can basically be slums. Make the land cheap, but have PVP enabled. If the merchants want safer land, they've gotta pay more. You've probably gotta have a well established EK before you can start doing the feasibly though.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Okay, this just peaked my excitement even more, still trying to wrap my head around the constant item decay and risk v reward ideology........if this actually gets implemented well I am going to be giggling like a schoolgirl.

For the night is dark and filled with terrors.