Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will Crowfall have a skill trading system?

sidney

Once again, we see demonstrated the principle that "title with no actual content = thread with no actual value"

Updated title is much better.

With that said, I still don't see how this feature would add anything to Crowfall, at least in the first few years of its lifecycle.

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Just a humble player here and my two cents, with a game that has been around as long as EVE it's a boost, especially for new players. That said, I wouldn't expect to see something like this in CF, at least not on release. Let's get to "skill rank 1" before looking to get a jump to "skill rank 10."

"Through the travail of ages, midst the pomp and toils of war, have I fought and strove and perished, countless times among the stars.
As if through a glass and darkly, the age old strife I see, when I fought in many guises and many names, but always me."

You probably could have described the concept at a high-level with your post, just so people didn't *have* go to read a long dry article about another game in order to understand what your thread was about. It would have made your thread much more readable, and just all around cooler!

Perhaps something like:

CCP (the creators of EVE) recently announced a system (Details here) which allows players with excess skill points to siphon them off into items, which can then be traded and used by other players to instantly train skills. (with diminishing returns, depending on total skillpoints!)

Is ACE considering a similar system for Crowfall?

Edited by Hi!

This looks like a terrible idea.

Not only will it help Uncle Bob more than small, new guilds; it encourages them to tyrannize new players to siphon off their training to elders to stay in their oppressive guild. 

It is also open to exploit. With this players would be encouraged to duplicate accounts to farm training points!

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

Edited the title of the thread. 

I was dead tired when I posted and couldn't think of a neutral title that also described the issue.

You probably could have described the concept at a high-level with your post, just so people didn't *have* go to read a long dry article about another game in order to understand what your thread was about. It would have made your thread much more readable, and just all around cooler!

Perhaps something like:

CCP (the creators of EVE) recently announced a system (Details here) which allows players with excess skill points to siphon them off into items, which can then be traded and used by other players to instantly train skills. (with diminishing returns, depending on total skillpoints!)

Is ACE considering a similar system for Crowfall?

I see your point, but the reason I didn't is because I didn't want anything I said to possibly influence the answer.  In other words, I wanted a response based solely on the contents of the dev blog I linked.

I like the concept on it's own but I (and we) don't speak for ACE or what they should do, or which such feature that may not even need to exist to fix and non-existing problem.

Lets focus on discovering FTL before trying to cross the wormhole at 5.4 x1010 AU  :P

I don't play EVE anymore, but I've read up on their implementation of this.

I think its a terrible idea that'll generate CCP money in the short term but it might be a slow poisoning pill.

At first I thought someone who had Skill "ABC lvl 5" would be able to sell "ABC lvl 5" and now be at skill lvl 4. Retrain it and sell another ABC lvl 5.

But that's not it... they're selling skill points, which could be spent on anything.

I too hope Crowfall would never do something like that.

I don't play EVE anymore, but I've read up on their implementation of this.

I think its a terrible idea that'll generate CCP money in the short term but it might be a slow poisoning pill.

At first I thought someone who had Skill "ABC lvl 5" would be able to sell "ABC lvl 5" and now be at skill lvl 4. Retrain it and sell another ABC lvl 5.

But that's not it... they're selling skill points, which could be spent on anything.

I too hope Crowfall would never do something like that.

You aren't taking into account the heavy level of diminishing returns CCP have implemented in the system. My main character will only receive 50,000 of the 500,000 skillpoints that another player has converted into a skill packet because I have so many skillpoints. Big powerful players will find this system a VERY expensive way of boosting their character. This system only really works as a way of creating alts out of parts of you skillsheet that you don't want to use on your main (mining,boosting,scanning). Or selling to newbros for a boost. Sure if you are sitting on unlimited money then you could buy out the whole market and get some rediculously skilled character but all that would be doing is spreading some of that money out into the eve economy. The biggest issue with eve at the moment is that there are some rediculously rich eve players with ungodly amounts of cash and are unassailable in game because they have too many resources. Hopefully some of them will use this system. Money is the real thing that makes you powerful in eve not skillpoints.