Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My EK and my guild's

Mogit

So. I want to dedicate my full time outside of the campaigns in the guild EK rather than my own, and put down my structures upon it, as I feel like they will be used a ton more if they are placed there (it will also be an a lot bigger social environment compared to my own). SO where does that leave my EK? Just abandoned? Is there anyway of maybe combining one EK with another to make it a tad bigger? Or to grant you benefits in any way?

What do you think?

We are now recruiting! Read more here!

o8WHnLc.png

So. I want to dedicate my full time outside of the campaigns in the guild EK rather than my own, and put down my structures upon it, as I feel like they will be used a ton more if they are placed there (it will also be an a lot bigger social environment compared to my own). SO where does that leave my EK? Just abandoned? Is there anyway of maybe combining one EK with another to make it a tad bigger? Or to grant you benefits in any way?

What do you think?

EK FAQ #2 - We fully expect that some players will prefer to spend the vast majority of their time participating in the campaign worlds, and we intend to let them do so without maintaining a kingdom.

They haven't said anything about combining kingdoms, that I can remember, I'm going to speculate no you can't. You can buy parcels, I assume, to make your guild's EK bigger.

You can also use your parcels in another EK other than your own or our guilds. Like for example in Trade Empire #1 (most awesome original name) if you're a vassal there.

But yes, ACE fully expects that most players won't use their own EK at all and remain 'empty'.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

where does that leave my EK?

Wherever you want. If you put stuff in it, it'll have stuff. If you don't, it won't. You get to decide whether you want to invest your time and resources in your kingdom or someone else's or some of both. Or pay a decorator to do it. Whatever. Up to you.

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

From this I can forsee it being useful to put various resource parcels in otherwise empty kingdoms and regularly harvesting them.

My liege may not want monsters roaming around, attacking guests and damaging property.

I may need to put a tax-free food plot here instead of in my guild EK, just to keep my monsters fed.

Almost everything can be dropped on your parcel: buildings and strongholds, props (like a decapitated head-on-a-spike), resource spawners*, NPC and monster spawners -- you name it!

*Note that you can only drop “harvestable” resource spawners, not factories!  Harvestable resources require time and effort to create resources, like a tree that you chop down (using a crafted tool) to produce some wood.  Resource factories, like a timber mill or a quarry, that produce bulk materials can only be found in the Campaign Worlds.

A spawner is usually an invisible control object that lives inside a game prop (like a tree or warbanner or nest) which has a few key pieces of data that trigger some in-game event or behavior in the game world. This includes information like: What do I spawn? How many do I spawn? How do player(s) interact with me?  How often do I respawn after I have been depleted/used?

All of these questions must be answered in order for an NPC/resource to function in the game.

At the most basic level, a NPC spawner could be something as simple as:

Gravemarker item houses a zombie spawner

Generate venomous zombie mobs, with two AI modules (Loiter Brain and Combat Brain #85)

Spawn Amount 1-3

Respawn 2400 seconds after killed by a player

Generally, spawners are placed by game designers during the implementation phase of a world. Since Crowfall is going to procedurally generate Campaign Worlds out of pre-built parcels, game designers will have pre-placed spawners on these parcels (with some randomization, so that every parcel will play a bit different.)    

No. Since a parcel is already divided into lots, different areas of the parcel will be flagged for different purposes: some areas will be eligible for buildings and/or NPC spawners and/or resource spawners and/or nothing. Odds are you wouldn’t be able to place anything in lakes or on hillsides, for instance...

Think of each lot as a socket that has a color, only certain colors can be placed into that socket. Buildings can be placed into green sockets, NPCs can go into yellow, and resources can go into blue, grey are invalid for placing anything, and colorless sockets will accept any color. 

NPC spawners will also have some additional default rules based on the power of the NPC it spawns. For example: a spawner that spawns an “elite” version of the NPC might have a very long respawn time.

Beyond the fact that it’s cool, it’s also a way to generate resources.  

Of course! We have all seen systems like this abused horribly in other games and would prefer not to see this happen in Crowfall.

Spawners will also generate a radius of “no build” around them so a player couldn’t build parcels with a straight line of spawners. There will also be a global parcel limit to the amount of NPC/resource spawners that can be placed within a given parcel.  (Even though there may be room for 50 spawners on a given parcel, the cap might be set to 10.)

Sure, if you are willing to buy them, acquire the spawners, place them, do all the legwork of running back and forth to harvest by hand and pay the taxes; otherwise the parcel becomes inactive, meaning the spawners will turn off.

Yes, we intend for some parcels to allow more quantity of spawners and or special kinds of spawners. In addition to the basic flagging that determines if a spawner of a type X can be placed in parcel area Y, there is an additional system where we can tag an object with one or more adjectives, and those adjectives determine which type of spawner object(s) can be placed there. This is purely set in design, and is a way of enforcing theme and narrative that we think is important.

Example:

A mountain range parcel might have a placement area that is located at high altitude.  We decide it seems like a good place for a monster camp. We turn on that area for building, and mark it with the adjective: “NEST”.

The spawners in this area could now potentially house a griffon nest, a roc nest or a harpy nest.  It could NOT house a zombie grave or a spider’s den because it doesn’t have the right adjective(s).  

Placement areas can have multiple adjectives; a spooky area within a forest could allow for spawners with either the GRAVE (undead) and/or TRIBAL (savage) adjective.

~ Parcel Builder FAQ

I wonder If I can place spawners for natural enemies, then come back periodically and retrieve the lootable resources from the field of corpses?

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

I wonder If I can place spawners for natural enemies, then come back periodically and retrieve the lootable resources from the field of corpses?

Resource acquisition without effort is not a design goal for a game with a strong economic logistics component.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

What do you think?

I think you should read the FAQ then come back if you still have questions.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the following information is pulled from FAQs or Q&As from the news articles on this website:

Q: Will it be possible for a large guild (50+ members) to pool their land right away? Would one person’s EK be large enough to accommodate all of those parcels without having to scrape up money to cover additional costs for expanding?

JTC: Yes, guild members can drop parcels immediately, they won't need to wait to be able to do so. The goal of the system was to allow groups to build out a Kingdom by combining their areas.

Will they have enough to fill a kingdom? Depends on what they want to fill it with (not all parcels are created equally) and how they want to lay out the kingdom. The kingdom sizing is a bit in flux right now (we're thinking we may need to make it larger) but you will absolutely be able to drop your parcels to make large, unique (and cool) kingdoms.

Q: If I have a private home/house on a parcel owned by someone else and this guy evicts me, what happens to my house and its contents?

JTC: It goes back into your account bank, so you can drop it somewhere else. You don't lose anything. The land on that kingdom then reverts to "wild" (undeveloped) land, and the kingdom's monarch (or noble) can drop something else in those cells.

How do I collaborate with other people (like my guildmates) on a Kingdom?

The Monarch can select sub-sections of your world map (in cells) and grant that area to another player. This selection of cells is called a “Province”.

Any player who has been granted a province is considered a “noble” on that world. Nobles can drop, rearrange and remove Parcels within that Province.

Can I own land or be a tenant on multiple different Kingdoms?

Yes, you can – but you should make sure you have the appropriate amount of land to place for the provinces you are granted. No monarch is going to want to grant provinces to Nobles who can’t put that space to good use!

I have seen quite a few people asking questions about EKs that have been addressed by devs in news items on this site.  Please take the time to read the news items before posting.