Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fly on the Wall: Castle Building, Part 1 - Official discussion thread

Pann

Now this is very interesting. Is this EK exclusive, or do the CWs and EKs use the same system? If they use the same one, then players will create some very fancy fortifications. Plus, this is a system to which you can always add new content. After all, there are always new types of walls, or always new kinds "accessories" for those walls (traps turrets etc.). You have a very awesome and highly expandable system here! Even if it isnt 100% viable on launch, having the base for it lying around somewhere for a post-launch addition would likely be a very valuable time-investment.

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Now this is very interesting. Is this EK exclusive, or do the CWs and EKs use the same system?

In the CW's I could see a ruin with a pre-made layout (designed by ACE) and then you can craft modular pieces and attach them to the repaired ruin.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

After watching the video a second time I heard something about they are changing housing into smaller buildings so we can't enter them anymore? Did I hear and understand that correctly? It starts here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P2GFP_39qU&feature=youtu.be&t=7m19s

ZCcquVD.png

The walls shall gloriously be built high so my radiance can shine throughout the land. Everyone will come from across the land to see the majestic Muhrder and to ask his blessing in the coming campaigns. You shall all forever bath in the magnificence and you will know the peace of heart that Serrated currently experiences. 

Blessed be thy name, Muhrder

xctwLnf.png

After watching the video a second time I heard something about they are changing housing into smaller buildings so we can't enter them anymore? Did I hear and understand that correctly? It starts here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P2GFP_39qU&feature=youtu.be&t=7m19s

I noticed that as well. I imagined some sort of loading screen transition as a way of accessing the building interior. This could make the building interior larger than what would otherwise be possible from outside appearances, and could make it a more private, personalized space.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

I understood that the same way.

I would love to be able to enter all buildings. On the othe side it should save a lot of unnecessary development time, if we can't. We have seen in the alpha tests how big buildings would have to be if they shall be accessible - and what (still) little space they would have inside. It doesn't really make sense. Not for all buildings.

I could very well imagine most houses (like open shops, stables and forges) being not accessible and by this looking much more realistic regarding their scale. With some exceptions like a keep, a tavern or even a villa.  

Edited by Kraahk

All I want to know is, if I find a castle in a campaign world and restore it, will I then be able to build a custom-built wall structure around it (with control over wall lengths, corners, ramps, gates, etc.)? What about the existing walls; can I demolish and rebuild them?

All I want to know is, if I find a castle in a campaign world and restore it, will I then be able to build a custom-built wall structure around it (with control over wall lengths, corners, ramps, gates, etc.)? What about the existing walls; can I demolish and rebuild them?

That is how I understand it works.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

Regarding the CW's, I'm hoping that when we clear our a ruin we end up with a nicely terraformed grid-space where we can "free build", placing walls and buildings within.

My preference would be that it not be nicely terraformed, but that is certainly more difficult to make work. I'd rather build around existing natural features, not in a huge empty space.

IhhQKY6.gif

Regarding the CW's, I'm hoping that when we clear our a ruin we end up with a nicely terraformed grid-space where we can "free build", placing walls and buildings within.

As long as it's not as tedious as Life is Fuedal. I kid you not... 3-12hrs of terraforming .1 height up or down to level a large area for farming or building was a real pain in that game.  

Also Wurm Online too.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium