Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greetings, Folks!

durus

Greetings, folks! (but you already read that, right?)

I've seen a few familiar names pop up here and there, so it already feels like I know a few of you. So, I'm going to break my usual routine of lurking for a few years and then making my first post. 

I'm the father of two wonderful children, a geek, art hack, and a gamer.

When I'm not being a silly daddy roaring in dinosaur museums and zoos, or pretending to be a butterfly fluttering through botanical gardens; I'm reading, doodling away on my Intuos tablet, reading gaming community forums, or actually playing those respective games. ;)

Gaming began for me on the Intellivision, TRaSh-80 Color Computer, and later my first PC -- with a math co-processor! Text adventures and Lunar Lander were eventually eclipsed by this wonderful new thing called an "online role-playing video game."  Pre-release days of Meridian 59 were my first taste of MMOs and I have been hooked ever since. While I have played most of the MMOs to date, I am not really actively committed to one.  There is a long history from the early closed beta days of World of Warcraft and progression raiding in release, far too much time invested in the shop-keeping and filleting of fish to buy a guild tower in Ultima Online, opening a garden gnome workshop for the community in Sims Online, fighting crime in City of Heroes, double-jumping around in Unamed-SolarBody, and Everquesting to various Landmarks on to the Next big thing.

I had a relatively brief gig in podcasting for Star Wars: The Old Republic, but really did prefer the my time as the ever-singing, dancing, tailoring, holocron hunting and interior house design guy of SWG.

In addition to time spent with folks here, I spend my gaming days and nights with friends in the Alea Iacta Est gaming community where I'm a community officer passing out hugs and smiles, and helping the community get into new games and their fan communities.

I've been doing a lot of reading here, and I'm intrigued. I eagerly await the day of Crowfall when the crow finally comes home to roost. ;)

Be well.

Edited by durus

Sorry, but I only read Garden Gnome Workshop. What's that and where do I sign up?

That's an old Sims Online thing. ;)  Sadly, those days are done.

Perhaps I'll open up an iron works or something in Crowfall where I'll employ folks to make crow shaped weathervanes? ;)

Edited by durus

• 2 weeks later...