Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Civilization in the EKs

Mogit

So we have the ability to place loads of houses upon our EKs, but what can we do with them?

I was thinking along the line of NPCs in which you can accommodate to earn rewards based on how many you have living in your EK, you can also charge them rent per house etc. The way in which you get them is by attracting them in some sort of way, like winning a campaign brings a lot of attention towards it (your EK).

This would also be a nice concept as it would make the Eternal Kingdom a lot more lively.

We are now recruiting! Read more here!

o8WHnLc.png

This idea already exists, except it will be players instead of NPCs. Other players can become your vassals and you can give them control over a part of your EK. Your vassals would pay taxes to you.

I don't see them adding NPCs for this, at least not for launch. The only NPCs that will exist will be mobs and thralls, either of which you can place in you EK (mobs require a spawner and thralls have to be captured in campaigns or traded for).

This idea already exists, except it will be players instead of NPCs. Other players can become your vassals and you can give them control over a part of your EK. Your vassals would pay taxes to you.

I don't see them adding NPCs for this, at least not for launch. The only NPCs that will exist will be mobs and thralls, either of which you can place in you EK (mobs require a spawner and thralls have to be captured in campaigns or traded for).

I know that players will be implemented instead of NPC's. But think. There will be so many accommodations inside of the EK that not enough players will be present for living there.

We are now recruiting! Read more here!

o8WHnLc.png

So we have the ability to place loads of houses upon our EKs, but what can we do with them?

I was thinking along the line of NPCs in which you can accommodate to earn rewards based on how many you have living in your EK, you can also charge them rent per house etc. The way in which you get them is by attracting them in some sort of way, like winning a campaign brings a lot of attention towards it (your EK).

This would also be a nice concept as it would make the Eternal Kingdom a lot more lively.

https://www.crowfall.com/en/faq/eternal-kingdoms/

Buildings serve many purposes. They can…

• Act as personal housing and social hubs.
  • Act as crafting stations for crafting new goods.
  • Provide marketplaces (i.e. house player-run NPC vendors to sell crafted and collected goods).
  • Hold NPC thralls.
  • Hold artifacts and relics.

…and other services, as we think of them. As long as it won’t impact the balance of the campaign worlds, we are open to ideas!

https://www.crowfall.com/en/faq/thralls/

The limits aren’t on a character or account basis. Instead, each system will enforce its own limit(s). For example, items can only have one bind-spirit. Buildings have a preset number of Thrall Slots (represented in game as a summoning circle) and each of them can only contain a single Thrall. Generally, for buildings that allow Thralls, you can increase the level of the building to activate more Thrall slots of that type.

You'll be able to populate your kingdom with NPCs (Thralls), but I can't find anywhere that it says you can earn rewards or charge rent.

You can charge rent in the form of taxes on your vassals' land grants. Those taxes are added to the recurring upkeep cost of the relevant properties.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

• 1 month later...

I'm totally fine with most of the EK's being desolate and upopulated. Keep in mind, each person gets an EK, and unless you have a guild behind you, yours will be small, just a farm or something. EK's owned and run by guilds however, those will be large and thriving, likely open to more than just the guild members to encourage an economy and trade. If EVERY EK had a thriving economy, why would anyone ever visit another EK? 

Collaboration is the name of the game. CF is working on bringing the feeling older MMOs had where forming communities wasn't some after thought but an essential part of the game.

Ever hear the phrase "crowds attract crowds" before? We'll see the same thing in EKs. Some EKs will have the goal of maxing out the population while other will be satisfied with a mid size group. Metropolis vs Town type of thing. Some will be large by virtue of the guild size while others because of the open collaborative nature of their design.

Edited by Keaggan

I predict two main profiles predominating in the "Large EK" category.

1. Alliance EKs.

When guilds begin clumping together into permanent alliances which persist beyond the end of a single campaign, the varied guilds of that Alliance will likely relocate to a single, large, fully developed EK. Each guild would have its own stronghold/town where they can slot their thralls and relics. The EK itself becomes a factory for post-campaign goods and an alliance-only marketplace for campaign resources. The populations for these EKs would be lively, yet somewhat intimate- with everyone knowing each other, or at least knowing OF each other. Piling into one EK also means that all the resources those successful guilds bring out of the CWs will flood into one common space. The owner of the EK could pull in some extra cash by selling trading privileges to a select few outsider merchants and crafters.

2. Open Marketplace EKs.

These are the folks who pride themselves on having the largest, most developed, most visited EKs. These EKs act as a nexus of trading and crafting activity. If you need something, you come here to find it at a decent price. If you're a merchant or a crafter, you come here to make some profit. These places will be crowded, with real-estate at a premium and a large number of daily visitors who are just shopping. In fact, the analogy of a bazaar or large shopping mall fits this EK type perfectly. Everywhere a shop or crafting station can be built, there'll be one. When a space opens up, you can bet that a number of offers will come in for it- some coming from established guilds, let alone players. The success of these open marketplaces will ride on how many shoppers they can attract to come visit them, versus the competition. Unlike the Alliance EKs, these will feel very cosmopolitan and you won't know who owns the house next to yours, let alone who's set up in the next town down the road.

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

I predict two main profiles predominating in the "Large EK" category.

1. Alliance EKs.

When guilds begin clumping together into permanent alliances which persist beyond the end of a single campaign, the varied guilds of that Alliance will likely relocate to a single, large, fully developed EK. Each guild would have its own stronghold/town where they can slot their thralls and relics. The EK itself becomes a factory for post-campaign goods and an alliance-only marketplace for campaign resources. The populations for these EKs would be lively, yet somewhat intimate- with everyone knowing each other, or at least knowing OF each other. Piling into one EK also means that all the resources those successful guilds bring out of the CWs will flood into one common space. The owner of the EK could pull in some extra cash by selling trading privileges to a select few outsider merchants and crafters.

2. Open Marketplace EKs.

These are the folks who pride themselves on having the largest, most developed, most visited EKs. These EKs act as a nexus of trading and crafting activity. If you need something, you come here to find it at a decent price. If you're a merchant or a crafter, you come here to make some profit. These places will be crowded, with real-estate at a premium and a large number of daily visitors who are just shopping. In fact, the analogy of a bazaar or large shopping mall fits this EK type perfectly. Everywhere a shop or crafting station can be built, there'll be one. When a space opens up, you can bet that a number of offers will come in for it- some coming from established guilds, let alone players. The success of these open marketplaces will ride on how many shoppers they can attract to come visit them, versus the competition. Unlike the Alliance EKs, these will feel very cosmopolitan and you won't know who owns the house next to yours, let alone who's set up in the next town down the road.

I'm not sure about alliances.

I can see an easy way to combine both would be to allow players to join several guilds.

Example:

You have a small guild, around 10 people.

You are a crafter/trader.

An alliance would force 9 people not so interested in crafting/trading to be in. Some alliance would ask some kind of participation to be in.

So you'll force 9 people to participate to something they are not into.

While multi-guild is on you, and only you.

Where you can be known for being either the best crafter for some things or for having the best social net.

Trading would get more interesting as some people would be part of (for example) of the Armor Crafting guild, where only the top proficiency in armor can join.

HUB EK would get wway more importante, because instead of having an EK where it is only about how much people you've recruited before the game start it would be on the fame of the people coming in this EK.

Yes. You can even own multiple parcels on multiple kingdoms. (Thematically, this would be like a medieval lord or lady residing in one kingdom but having ancestral rights/holdings in another.)

You might, for instance, want to have a castle on one kingdom (where you produce your goods) and a handful of smaller parcels on other kingdoms located in or around central market areas (where you sell your goods).

The system is incredibly flexible to allow players to support new and existing social structures and to build a thriving, player-driven economy.

nothing stops you from mixing and matching... info is from faq

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am going to specialize as a battle medic / psychiatrist. Come see me if you have issues that need resolving or ptsd debuffs as I can cure those.

Bring Hagen-Daas!

• 2 weeks later...